PDA

View Full Version : Juniors vs Misses

Scotty
05-11-2006, 07:42 PM
I ordered a levi jacket, it was a juniors size, ordered large and while hte arms are CLOSE (I have long arms) it's too tight in the chest etc.

I've got a 38" chest, should I have ordered this in XL or MISSES? I don't know the difference but I assume Misses is larger?

I've bought all my shirts in large before and they fit.
My girly jeans are size 12 long and fit fine..

Jodi
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Scottie, Junior sizes are just that. They are designed and cut for the young developing woman. They are narrower in the shoulders, chest and hips. Junior sizes are the odd number sizes, ie 3, 5, 7, etc. Misses sizes are designed and cut for the more normal sized woman. These sizes are even numbered sizes, ie 4, 6, 8, etc. Stores that generally sell junior sizes are Express, Rave, Deb, Delias You will find junior departments in major dept stores. Unless you are very thin with no hips and narrow shoulders, junior sizes will not be a good fit for you.

Jodi

EricaCD
05-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Just to clarify: a junior 9 does not really fit between a misses 8 and 10. The cut will be fundamentally different. These clothes are meant for teenagers!

Compounding the difficulty: junior's sizing seems to be even more arbitrary than misses' sizing. Check the site's size guide, and remember that these clothes will be even less forgiving of our genetic form than misses clothes.

Jennaie
05-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Jr's run a size smaller than Missy or Ladies, are cut closer fitting and are cut shorter to fall at or above the waist for tops and at or below the waist for bottoms. Adults buying Jr. sizes should buy one size larger than usual.

Marlena Dahlstrom
05-12-2006, 02:27 AM
It's also worth mentioning the "women's" sizes are cut more generously than "misses" -- as useful mnemonic is that the "W" (as in 16W) stands for "wide."

Jillian310
05-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Alas, then there are the plus sizes for Jillian sized girls! 1X, 2X, 3X. Ah, to dream and strive for those smaller sizes!