PDA

View Full Version : Makeup and Photo Techniques: 1

genevieve_ohara
11-14-2004, 12:59 AM
deleted

Renecd
11-14-2004, 01:21 AM
Wow and Thanks Genevieve. Since you put the time to post it...now I need to put in the time to try it! Good thing I just got the first aid adhesive just before Halloween lol Thank you very much.

Hugs,
Rene

Bonnie-OR
11-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Thanx soo much Gen. Gonna be outa town for a few days, but will give it a try when I get back and let ya know. Huggs Hun, Bonnie

Wenda
11-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Gen's advice is similar to some from Tora Roberts, Vancouver, at www.draag.com, where she offers transformation services. (which I was hoping to take advantage of over Christmas, but can't). Tora's site has some well-written 'how-to' pages. Doesn't have Gen's cheeky avatar, however. (don't u jst luv r?) wenda.

Bonnie-OR
11-14-2004, 03:27 AM
Gen, are you being a perfectionist??? ;-) I liked it. Huggs, Bonnie

Rachel Ann
11-14-2004, 04:40 AM
I guess I missed it :(

T-girlMichelle
11-14-2004, 04:44 AM
I guess I missed it :(
Me too, I'm always coming to the party late :(

Wendy me
11-14-2004, 09:19 AM
never mind

is that it??????? :p

genevieve_ohara
11-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Sorry, I pulled it down for a bit for editing.

It's back up now...sorry for the delay.

Love

G

lynnegirlie
11-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Thank you soooooo much! Your pics are wonderful, and I'd been working up the nerve to ask you for some tips :p

I'll see if I can work some of this into my life :D

Lynne

Sharon
11-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Gen:
Thanks so much for the tips. I'll be heading out for some tape as soon as I can!
Two hours seems like a lot of time, but judging by the way you aleays look, it's worth every minute!
Sharon

StephanieCD
11-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Wow... I got my work cut out for me! I'm impressed! Thank you for taking the time, Gen. Never thought about tape... I have some serious Jack Nicholson brow wrinkles - I wonder if I can tape them away? Hmmm...

Amelie
11-14-2004, 03:30 PM
I read this in Kevyn's book, but I really didn't understand it. I used his book for the pictures. Now that you have explained it, I will give it a try.

I guess duct tape is ruled out.
Amelie

Jen_TGCD
11-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Tape is an essential, in my makeup routine. How do you think I get that "flawless" look in my photo??? :p

(Well... a little photo manipulation helps!) :rolleyes:

I'm experimenting to find a way to keep the tape from coming loose after a few hours, though. Right now, it lasts about four hours. Eight would be better. The tape and skin prep I get from The Breast Form Store ( www.thebreastformstore.com (http://www.thebreastformstore.com/) ) really holds my forms on, sometimes for the whole weekend, so I'm trying it next time.

Jennifer Ivy
11-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Right now, it lasts about four hours. Eight would be better.

A good quality staple gun helps me keep the ends of the tape down for days at a time, and administers the periodic frontal lobotomy I so desperately need on occasion. :p

Jen_TGCD
11-14-2004, 05:00 PM
A good quality staple gun helps me keep the ends of the tape down for days at a time, and administers the periodic frontal lobotomy I so desperately need on occasion. OMG > > > :p

Hummmm :o ... maybe that is a better idea than the hot glue I was going to use!

Jen_TGCD
11-14-2004, 05:09 PM
I read this in Kevyn's book, but I really didn't understand it. I used his book for the pictures. Now that you have explained it, I will give it a try.

AmelieAmelie ~
You are gorgeous already! No need for further enhancements!!!

And, yes, duct tape does work... just don't let it touch your real hair!

The problem with duct tape is that it has a tendency to take a few layers of skin with it, when you try to take it off! Works well on leg hair, though! :)

Added later...
Health Notice: Don't try this at home or without professional assistance!

Wenda
11-14-2004, 05:11 PM

Amelie
You are joking about the duct tape, right? DON"T use it, girls, she is joking, really. A Tim the Tool man moment! Can actually take off skin and leave scars. I have abused my body enough over the years, I don't need any more scars. There is some really really good 3M surgical tape that works. wenda.

genevieve_ohara
11-14-2004, 09:28 PM
True, Julie...

Again, I just use this technique for photos. I wouldn't ever use tape out in the world...it would be on too long (ouch) be easily discovered (yikes) and cause headaches (groan).

But for a quick facelift...yessireesir.

Love

G

Rachel Ann
11-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Genevieve

I find myself mentally pronouncing your name in the French way. Is that how you say it, or do you use the American pronunciation?

Jennifer Ivy
11-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Genevieve

I find myself mentally pronouncing your name in the French way. Is that how you say it, or do you use the American pronunciation?

Me too. I wonder why that is?

genevieve_ohara
11-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Le pronunciation, c'est dans votre tets.

Maix, je veux d'etre dan votre couers.

Avec l'amour

Genevieve

Robertacd
11-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Any tips for us who do not wear wigs?

Rachel Ann
11-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Genevieve

Je t'embrasse étroit dans (Ã*?) mon coeur, Cherie.

Jen_TGCD
11-15-2004, 12:25 AM
Any tips for us who do not wear wigs?
Roberta, it doesn't look like you need any advice on wrinkles!!! :)

However... there is Botox! [ouch...] Or, I have been thinking about going to Romania and getting the HGH shots. It's Hollywood's little secret!!!