PDA

View Full Version : Long Live Capris!!!! I Love Them To Death!

Joanie
05-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Two days ago, after buying a pair Cathy Daniels Capris and matching aqua top at Kohls, I put up a thread asking whether those of you who have worn these think they make you feel more or less femme. As someone who has worn only skirts and dresses when those rare opportunities arise, I was doubtful. In fact, the legs on this pair are so wide I initially thought there were a skirt. As luck would have it, I picked up a pretty pair of matching Ippos shoes to go with this outfit.

Let me tell you, I have fallen in love with them! These are clothes to die for. My wife has taken her Mother out of town to the mountains and I have the night free (I can only wear panties around the wife). These make me feel MORE feminine as I love the way they swish against the pantyhose on my legs. very caressing. I know most women don't wear hose with capris but I figured what the heck, my legs don't look good without them.

So, for all of you who put in a good word for capris the other day, how right you were. For doubting skirt/dress lovers, look on Amazon at Cathy Daniels AB Aquar Drawstring Capris, about the same price I paid in Kohls. They also come in Lime Green. Funny thing, the label on these clothes says C.D. (as in Crossdresser) Daniels but the brand is known online as Cathy Daniels. Enjoy!

Karren H
05-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Great, I'll send you my two pair, you send me all your dresses and skirts!!! You are a size 10 I hope??

Love Karren

Krystenw
05-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Ya know what you are describing sounds to me like something a lot of the girls wore back in the 50's and 60's. I don't know how to spell it but they were called Coollots. The looked like a skirt but were divided.
I know. I'm OLD.
Krysten

Joanie
05-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Great, I'll send you my two pair, you send me all your dresses and skirts!!! You are a size 10 I hope??

Love Karren

Hi, Karen, the way I feel tonight, you got yourself a deal but, whoops, you have me beat in the size department as I am in the low teens, as in 14.

Joanie
05-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Ya know what you are describing sounds to me like something a lot of the girls wore back in the 50's and 60's. I don't know how to spell it but they were called Coollots. The looked like a skirt but were divided.
I know. I'm OLD.
Krysten

I know exactly what you are talking about, I am in my 50s, but yet these are called capris on the label. These also sound like gaouchos, don't they?

Joanie
05-12-2006, 10:16 PM
We also called them "peddle-pushers" back then and oh was I envious of my sister! I recently bought my first pair of capris and they can be worn casually with sandals or a bit more dressy with hose and heels. You are right! They are sooooo feminine.

I remember that term, peddle pushers. I also remember us young boys wearing something called clam diggers, tight pants that came down to just below the knee.

As for these capris, they are femmy to the max and I am thinking about ordering the lime green top and bottom off Amazon as those weren't in Kohls. A pair of sling-back Lifestride shoes would look great with them. Now, perhaps this is something my wife will consent to see me in.

JamieTG
05-12-2006, 10:22 PM
This is a photo from the 50's or 60's and what I remember capris looking like back then. Some today seem to be very similar although its hard to find with the zipper in the back. I do remember coullots too and like Krysten said, they were like a divided skirt. I've always liked the capris much better.
Jamie

Joanie
05-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Great photo, those look gorgeous on her, as does she in general.

Cherry Lynn
05-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi, Karen, the way I feel tonight, you got yourself a deal but, whoops, you have me beat in the size department as I am in the low teens, as in 14.
I am a 14 but do not want to swap my capris, LOL.

Karren H
05-13-2006, 02:00 PM

I'll send you my address, you send me your skirts and dresses and your VISA card number so I can have them altered......hehehe And I'll buy you a new couple pair of capris!!!

:happy:

Love Karren

Joanie
05-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Well, Karen, technically the dresses I wear are my wifes, so better not! LOL. The capris though are all mine, along with the makeup (wife wears Lancome, I wear Merle Norman) and a bunch of other things.

Karren H
05-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Well, Karen, technically the dresses I wear are my wifes, so better not! LOL. The capris though are all mine, along with the makeup (wife wears Lancome, I wear Merle Norman) and a bunch of other things.

It's nice to be able to share and cost efective too!! Since I lost 50 pounds, my wifes things no longer fit.....so I have to buy everything.. Not that I'm complaining...hehehe I do have that female shopping gene and and her style and mine are not even close!!!

Love Karren

Joanie
05-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Karen,

That is something to be proud of, dropping fifty like that. I am working on it myself, at least getting down to where I was in grad school all those years ago.

Bysie for now,

Joanie

urban gypsy
05-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Hi I love capri's, cropped or just straight jeans as long as you are comfortable and match them with right top and shoes they still look fem, plus I think being fem is more of a mind set than a look.

Maria-Christina
05-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Shows what I know about fashion and designer names. To me Capris were a couple of cars Bodie and Doyle drove in the Professionals in the 80s. :D

urban gypsy
05-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Sorry to be a TV nerd but only one drove a capri [ lewis collins] and the other drove a triumph dolomite sprint [martin shaw].While cowley had a chauffeured granada [ gordon jackson].
Now its time for nerdy to go back in his hole and let emelda emerge.

Tina Dixon
05-13-2006, 04:18 PM
OK i hate the looks of the things OK:thumbsdn:

windycissy
05-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi I love capri's, cropped or just straight jeans as long as you are comfortable and match them with right top and shoes they still look fem, plus I think being fem is more of a mind set than a look.

You are so right! I love to wear my new cropped khakies with a cute top and a pair of ballerina flats:

http://pix2.hotornot.com/pics/HU/HR/KQ/KZ/EEESERRTBTEE.jpg

They'll never make me stop wanting to put on a dress and nylons, but wearing them makes me feel like such a girl!

Windy

loriannetucson
05-14-2006, 07:43 PM
I have been wearing capris for about 6 years now, as a man with other men's clothes. I brought home a pair of old navy cropped jeans one day and asked her if it was o.k. to wear them. She said yes and now SHE helps me shop for new capris each year! She almost always wears cropped jeans because since we live here in Arizona, it's too hot for jeans, but when you wear shorts you burn your legs quickly too. Capris are just the right length for us.

I have about 15 pair of capris ranging from 20 inch to 26 inch inseams. Right now I seem to prefer the 23 inch length, the longer lengths make me look like a nerdy man wearing floods... unless I pair them with flip flops.

I do get a few looks from people... but that might be because I wear women's sneakers (nikes, skechers, and ESPECIALLY keds!) with my capris. As long as my wife is o.k. with it, I could care less what other people think. I wish I could wear the cute denim capris with floral embroidery or other feminine prints, but that would be a little too much for my wife. It's important to find a balance.

I got "outed" at work a couple of weeks ago. A coworker told me, "Hey, I heard a rumor that you WORE capris!" I said, "Yeah, 3/4 length pants you mean? Long shorts? Sheez, have you been to Gap or Nordstrom lately? They make them for men, too, stupid! Sheeeeez!" He looked at me and the light bulb went off in his head, he turned around and walked away looking like a dummy."

If you go to Nordstrom.com, look at the new styles of shorts for men. You'll see men wearing them more and more soon. For now people will laugh at the man wearing capris around town, that's o.k. But I've also overheard girls saying, "No...that's cool, it's even cute!" Talk about a BIG ego booster! If you got looked at and put down by 10 guys, but one GG said, "Nice capris, they're cute!" which one would make your day more? Easy answer.

Men, women, wear capris, wear whatever you're comfortable with.

Here's my flickr capris photo group if you'd like to post your cropped pants or capris photos!
http://www.flickr.com/groups/69183808@N00/

Lorianne (a.k.a. tgkedsgirl)

Scotty
05-14-2006, 08:52 PM
I have a pair of pink plaid capri's - LOVE THEM!!!

Eric/a
05-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Are we just talking about capris, or are we including leggings? A lot of catalogs are misleading about calling one the other, and others call them "capri leggings," like in this (http://www.lernercatalog.com/lerner/Zoom/lerner_zoom.html?image=//0811_23693_hr.fpx) instance. I've always thought of capris as being loosely fitting and coming anout halfway between the knee and the ankle, and leggins as being tightly fitting and coming all the way to the ankles. I've usually had more of a passion for the latter, only because I've seen so many GGs wearing high heeled pumps, mules, or ankle strap sandals with those!:D

AZGia
05-15-2006, 11:11 AM
I also live in Arizona and wear capri's all the time with mens shirts and keds.

loriannetucson
05-15-2006, 01:55 PM
AZ Gia, we should get together sometime! I live near Tucson, you? PM me! Sounds like you wear what I wear, and live where I live, cool!
tgkedsgirl

Tina Dixon
05-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Seems like when I wore pants that were short but not shorts people would ask me if i'm waiting for a flood:D

raksha GG
05-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Speaking as a GG - I could have cried when I realised coulettes were going out of fashion - it's great to see them back again :D

HaleyPink2000
05-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Short pants HUH? Did you dry them to long? LOL:)

suzanne claire
05-15-2006, 05:19 PM
I wear pants to the office every day. The only way to really be a girl is to wear a skirt or a dress:tongueout