PDA

View Full Version : Don't like jewelry

Tina Dixon
05-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Is it just me? but I don't care for jewelry at all, oh I'll wear a neck-less now and then when I got my girlie stuff on but I hate rings, ear rings, watches well you get the idea.

A little over a year after I was married I took my wedding ring off, my wife knowing this about me all she said is I can't believe you wore it that long.

Am I the only one or are there others that don't care for the stuff?

Tina

Adrienne Heels
05-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I am the opposite of you, Tina....I can't get enough jewelry!! I love to wear multiple rings and bracelets!

Cherry Lynn
05-12-2006, 10:25 PM
I do not care for jewelry in drab but when I dress I love rings, a fem watch, necklace, bracelet, earrings and an anklet. I guess it is the change in personality and my wife says it is pretty drastic. She says I seem to become a different person when in fem mode.

Kate Simmons
05-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Don't think it's a "requirement" Tina. Don't wear anything as Richard. Only wear a little when I dress up nice as Ericka, usually when I'm going out for the evening but sometimes don't wear any then either. Doesn't matter to me really. Ericka

Joanie
05-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Put me down as one who enjoys jewelry, not in drab but I like wearing earrings, necklace, bracelet. Have to be careful with these clip-on earrings, they can get lost easily.

Scotty
05-12-2006, 10:35 PM
I have a womans watch, enjoy that - always have hated MEN's watches.....
Not into rings much but I like ear rings and I LOVE naval "rings" if you will, studs, whatnot .....

.....actually my favorite I wear most times is a hot pink swirly one - just love it.....but I have quite the collection of them!! Mainly because it's a private thing and I can wear what I want and in public I can put a blue titanium or a plain steel one in - a lot of guys wear rings on their navals.....got some of those too.......

but necklaces and whatnot, never been into them much although I would not mind a good set of diamond ear rings.....only got one.....

Added to the earring discussion, I love all earrings!

Iv'e got regular piercing and an extra hole in my left ear - and one cartlidge piercing in each ear as well.....usually my hair hides those but it's been short of late......so I can't wear those in public.....

ddd
05-12-2006, 10:49 PM
All I can stand are earrings and the wedding ring. Can't stand anything around my neck.

DeeDee

Jennaie
05-13-2006, 12:39 AM
When I am en-drab I wear no jewelry at all. When en-femme it is an integral part of my outfit. I wear it because it is what women do. I do like wearing it because it adds to my feminine appearance.

DonnaT
05-13-2006, 12:50 AM
I love jewelry. I constantly wear fem jewelry even in drab mode.

DawnRodgers
05-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Love all jewelry. Earrings, necklaces, bracelets (ankle and wrist), pins, ladies watches. Makes me feel extra feminine.
Dawn

Annesah
05-13-2006, 07:38 AM
In the begining I never cared for any of it, either boy or girl. During the past three years my interest in it and my collection have increased considerably. I've been missing all the fun. Catch-up time !:happy:

Amanduhrob
05-13-2006, 08:01 AM
When I am en-drab I wear no jewelry at all. When en-femme it is an integral part of my outfit. I wear it because it is what women do. I do like wearing it because it adds to my feminine appearance.

Same here, I don't even wear a watch in drab because of my dislike of jewelry, but when I dress, it's rings, bracelets, earrings, anklets...The Works.

Lilith Moon
05-13-2006, 08:07 AM
I'm neutral about jewellry. It looks pretty but I have no great urge to wear it.

However, I do like the idea of earrings, preferably large dangly hoops that I can feel as I move my head. In fact, body piercing in general appeals to me.

TGMarla
05-13-2006, 08:40 AM
I love jewelry! Earrings, bracelets, necklaces, ankle bracelets....I just love it! It's one more thing that women have managed to corner the market on. I feel that God gave you two wrists because one bracelet is not enough.

ShortSkirt
05-13-2006, 08:52 AM
I use jewelry the same way as I think a lot of women do. To accentuate certain area's and to draw attention to certain area's.

Karren H
05-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Nope. Love Jewelery. Have 3 times what the wife has and don't feel fully dressed without it. Got to accesorize!! Or die trying. Hehe

Love Karren

KathrynW
05-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Is it just me? but I don't care for jewelry at all, oh I'll wear a neck-less now and then when I got my girlie stuff on but I hate rings, ear rings, watches well you get the idea.
Tina: I'm with ya. I can't stand it either. :straightface:

Jodi
05-14-2006, 07:29 PM
I wear jewelry because, like shoes and purse, is part of the outfit. Jewelry properly done can really enhance an outfit. Conversely, jewelry poorly done, ie. not matching, too much, or wrongly worn, can destroy an outfit. My observation of cd's is that many wear way too much jewelry, just my honest opinion. The rule of thumb is--after puting on all your jewelry, stand in front of the mirror and remove at least one item.

Jodi

Caitlintgsd
05-14-2006, 07:44 PM
I love blingbling! Don't want to go out without bangles (I like the noise they make), rings, necklaces and earrings. I keep extra in my car in case I forget to put some on prior to leaving the house.

Khriss
05-14-2006, 07:49 PM
I dislike things on my hands ('cept for gloves -).. as in ..why the pocket-watch eh? hehe xx"K"

aprilgirl
05-14-2006, 09:38 PM
I never wear jewelry in male mode,including a watch.As Kim I've never purchased any accessories,other than barettes,belts or scarves. I've gotten plenty of clip on earrings as Christmas stocking stuffers and have been loaned necklaces and bracelets from girlfriends but can live without them.

rachellenicole
05-14-2006, 10:04 PM
I love all kinds of feminine jewelry. I have to have my finger and toe rings, necklaces, earings, watch etc. I have to have the total package. In drab (Ewwww) I just wear a watch and wedding band.

Rachelle

Barb Valentine
05-15-2006, 10:35 PM
I like jewelry
I just love those long dangling earrings
Rings I can't find in my size

JeanneF
05-15-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm not a big jewelry person, mainly because I suck when it comes to accessories. I've taken to just wearing a simple gold necklace with a Star of David, a pair of diamond earrings and a watch when I go out. No rings or anything like that, although I'm thinking a tennis bracelet may be in my future.

I love the current styles with all of the chunky jewelry, but it gets a little ridiculous to have to spend $50 on jewelry just to complete an outfit, so I just decided to go with basics that I can wear with everything.

Deborah
05-15-2006, 11:29 PM
I can't stand wearing any jewelry at all. Watches, rings or necklaces it doesn't matter. Sensitive skin or the fact i hate something rubbing against me just irritates me.

Jadeanne
05-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Due to arthritis, I don't wear rings in male or girl mode. In male mode, a wristwatch is it for me.

In girl mode, it's almost always clip earrings, necklace, wristwatch/bracelets.
I think they complete my look, but then, I'm a blonde :) .

Jadeanne

SherriePall
05-16-2006, 05:40 PM
En drab I wear my wedding band and a watch to work ( and remove once there -- the watch of course). Dressed, it's the works, especially earrings (I'm just crazy about them). Funny, after my wife was told about me, she asked if she could buy me a masculine-type necklace and I told her no because it doesn't feel right when I'm dressed as a guy.