PDA

View Full Version : What does dressing sleazy have to do with being a woman???

Jean GG
05-13-2006, 05:01 AM
I wish to thank, once more, all of you for the help you have lent me in the past month. IT'S MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Now I am graduating to asking more general questions that have plagued me for a long time. To begin with, I would like to know WHAT DOES DRESSING SLEAZY HAVE TO DO WITH BEING A WOMAN??? Seems to be it has to do with being a certain type of woman...what do you all think?

jean

Julie York
05-13-2006, 05:38 AM
Crossdressing has many different aspects to it and there are also many different reasons for doing it. But for people who dress because it is 'exciting', then it is mainly symbolic items of clothing and dressing. They take symbols of female 'sexiness' and wear them because it is exciting. Some enjoy a more refined sexiness, retro corsets, ff stockings etc.....others enjoy a more blatant sexiness that would be seen as 'cheap' or 'sleazy' in every day life, like pvc and so on.

But it isn't actually a portrayal of a 'woman' as such.....It is the wearing of clothing that suggests sexiness and/or femininity in the mind of a man.

Many GGs get confused and offended because they see it as an insult when they see a CD apparently portraying them in a cheap and sleazy way....but the CD who dresses that way is not getting their 'buzz' from creating a woman as such...It's to do with symbols of 'sexiness' and creating the impression of a powerfully sexy woman.

See through blouses, pvc mini skirts, red thigh high boots etc...are all blatant symbols of sexiness to the point of being a cliche......Granted, it is all a matter of taste....(doesn't do much for me at all)...but that's what it is really about. Symbolism......not reality.

livy_m_b
05-13-2006, 05:44 AM
I wish to thank, once more, all of you for the help you have lent me in the past month. IT'S MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Now I am graduating to asking more general questions that have plagued me for a long time. To begin with, I would like to know WHAT DOES DRESSING SLEAZY HAVE TO DO WITH BEING A WOMAN??? Seems to be it has to do with being a certain type of woman...what do you all think?

jean

Answer: Nothing.

Another question: What does it have to do with crossdressing?

Another answer: It depends. Some do it for shock effect, some do it because there is a special sexual charge from a certain style of dressing. There are probably other reasons.

Another question: Who does it?

Another answer: gender benders, fetishists, etc. TS tend to want to blend in; some cds want to stand out.

Rexy Lee
05-13-2006, 05:52 AM
I was going to reply but read your reply Julie and you said it so well.

I for one go for an extreme sexy look because its fun. I do not wish I was born a woman and I dont want to be full time or pass in public.

I just want to dress like a sexy **** on occasion and have fun.

But thats just me and as Julie said there are many different f\way to express crossdressing.

Khriss
05-13-2006, 05:56 AM
You mean "sleazy = eazy??"
..could be an eye of the beholder thing but ..
truth is .."provacative femme attire" ..I prefer..

I was influenced early on by role models (in sexual ways perhaps?) . like Emma Peel,(Avengers) , the Gold Diggers on the Dean Martin Show..Nancy Sinatra etc... pretty mild by todays standards but...even Betty Paige..was missunderstood.. while I'd agree..my favorite thigh high boots have a certain "sexual conotation" that preceeds them -
hey Jean ..I'd luv to tell Ya "crossdressing" was'nt a sexual thrill for me.. but I'd be lieing eh? ...not always true for many others here or elsewhere I'm sure !!... we may have common interests ..though we are all unique in our own ways eh? I'd hope to appear rather "classy" at times too ..:eek: :D xx"K"
btw...I'm not "eazy", reguardless of what I'm wearing !!!

Toyah
05-13-2006, 06:01 AM
I guess the other angle here is what is the enjoyment of dressing frumpy for our American cousans this would be sloppy I guess, no fun for me at all to look like my mother:thumbsdn:

Tracy_Victoria
05-13-2006, 06:14 AM
I presume there are many levels to this, and it's really down to each person, how far they really want to take there dressing. I'm a large girl, so mini and rara skirts and the cheerleader look just are not possable to fit in to my dressing remit. But there again even if I was 36, 26, 36 I don't think that would be how I wanted to dress anyway.

As I said it is really each to there own, but I just aim for a homely, fem look, ie smart, respectable, well dressed but not over the top. wife out shopping, with 2.4 kids at home image. it's a image I can work with, over that of the cheerleader which I could never ever pull of, so thats the one I aim to fit in to. I suppose you could call it realistic dressing maybe?

Lilith Moon
05-13-2006, 06:37 AM
Many people find the "sleazy" look to be sexy. Most men seem to as well as many women. Regardless of whether we like it or not, that is part of the reason why "sex workers" dress that way...their potential customers are mostly men and men find that look sexy.

However, you should be careful not to apportion guilt by association. Just because the look is popular among hookers doesn't make it somehow immoral to wear similar clothes. Our tendency to judge people by what clothes they like to wear is one of the problems we all face in this forum.

I would dress to blend in when going to the mall and I will dress casually when at home. I will also sometimes dress in tight PVC because that feels/looks sexy to me. Wearing the gear doesn't give me any particular urge to go stand on a street corner and it doesn't signify sexual promiscuity...it is simply a sexy look and feel. My wife also loves to wear PVC/leather/fetish gear and we have had great fun at appropriate venues...we find it a great turn-on...does that mean we are sleazy or somehow immoral ? Of course not, except in the eyes of people who condemn others because of the clothes that they like to wear...if you see what I mean. The truth is...we like to dress as women and some of us like to dress as women with that particular sexy look.

BTW, you might just as well have asked..."WHAT DOES DRESSING IN ANY WOMENS CLOTHES HAVE TO DO WITH BEING A WOMAN???"

basque
05-13-2006, 06:41 AM
[/FONT]
... WHAT DOES DRESSING SLEAZY HAVE TO DO WITH BEING A WOMAN??? Seems to be it has to do with being a certain type of woman...

Hi Jean,

Can I break down your question in to two parts: (i) ...dressing sleazy & (ii) ...being a woman
Dressing sleazy allows one to 'step outside' the box i.e. to become the opposite of what we (may) be in our day-to-day existence; the drab! We should not forget that a heterosexual, sophisticated, professional woman might desire to dress sleazily; it allows her to shed the constraining demands of her class, workplace dress codes etc which she may find suffocating & constraining. Now, we cannot posssibly understand or even begin to articulate the way we are (sexuality wise, gender (self) perception, role reversal (CDing)) & the way we like/would like to be. When you say '...being a woman...' I take it you are not thinking of a male to female TS; rather, a man wishing, because he LIKES it, to dress as a woman, for many & varied reasons. I don't know whether you would describe me as dressing sleazily i.e I like dressing in lingerie: it makes me feel more 'attractive & alluring'. If only there was a man to attract & allure!!! I've always felt that the sort of man who dresses sleazily on the Gay scene e.g. fishnets with holes & a red gash of florid lipstick was making a misogynous statement & I'll probably get some flak for that. I'm sure there are many (?) men who adopt the role of 'conventional' woman when CDing & also that of tart (if that is what dressing sleazily amounts to?) when the 'moment is right'.
Surely dressing 'sleazily' is to become a 'type' of woman?
Get the heels on!

LaBasque

GypsyKaren
05-13-2006, 06:47 AM
To be sure, it has nothing to do with being a woman. I imagine some do it because they can, mayhaps they feel that by dressing in a way that maybe would attract men, they'd feel more feminine. Who knows? I, for one, don't go for it, much preferring a classy but casual look.

Karen

Eugenie
05-13-2006, 06:50 AM
I also try to dress to blend in, eventhough I don't go out very often and rarely in public: I go out to visit other CDs.

I'm not saying that some of what I perceive as "blending in" type clothes wouldn't be considered sleazy by some other people CDs or GGs...

Dressing sleazy is not however a priviledge of some CDs... There are GGs who dress like that? I see some in the streets and I sometimes wander if they do it on purpose or if they aren't conscious of the way they look.:o

The main difficulty is to find the kind of dressing that best corresponds to one's personality and goals.

Love.

Eugenie

ShortSkirt
05-13-2006, 07:02 AM
WHAT DOES DRESSING SLEAZY HAVE TO DO WITH BEING A WOMAN???

It add's a sexual excitement. I think it's kind of like bringing out of yourself, what turns you on about women.

Jillian310
05-13-2006, 07:08 AM
If short skirts, patterned hose, crop tops, gaudy jewelry = sleazy, then our malls are filled with young sleazy girls, the GG kind! Those cute white pleated extreme minis that reveal thong panties practically at every move on these young GGs are fairly common in Pgh, as are short shorts up to here. My take is that dressing that way makes the girls feel sexy and desireable. That is exactly how I feel when I wear my strumpet look, even at 69! Thats also why I like my bright satin panties under my minis, knowing that flashes are predictable! When I go out to CD friendly bars like I did last evening, short short minis, nice hose, long dangly earrings, etc is the uniform of choice. I was en drab last evening and felt so out of place! On the other hand, I am more comfortable when in restaurants, etc, in a more conservative outfit. In the days of Chairman Mao, all those poor Chinese women in their quilted pants and coats outfits were such a turn off. It is a wonder they had the population explosion, unless that mode of dress made THEM feel sexy and desireable! Different strokes for differenf folks!

Teresa Amina
05-13-2006, 07:14 AM
That perplexed me also when I first came to the forum, but I didn't yet understand the Diversity among CDers. It seems the Trashy look is mostly what I'll call the Thrill dressers. It's just a kick for them to look that way. But I think most of those who come to dressing as an expression of a suppressed inner self (that's me) are less likely to. It's just not Teresa to look like that!

FionaAlexis
05-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Hi Jean,

I only buy clothes that I can go out in and feel relatively comfortable wearing. I like to look well dressed. I hesitate to say I 'blend in' - it depends on the environment.

I'm not sure I have an answer for you on 'sleazy'. I guess a lot of CD/TGs have visions of the image they are trying to create or the woman they are trying to emulate - and I guess it makes them feel sexy. I take a lot of my inspiration from the 50s/60s style women - maybe because its the period of my childhood and those women seemed totally feminine.

I don't do sleazy. I even have difficulty looking half decent with lingerie. I think I have one photo on tvChix in my cami and black stockings - in the best possible taste, of course - but I don't do lingerie at all well. I really envy those girls who do look great in lingerie.

Fiona xx

silkycd
05-13-2006, 07:44 AM
maybe the old saying goes here that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, whats sleazy to you may be sexy to others, it just a matter of opinion or taste, maybe its a way of getting attention that some wouldnt get otherwise

Amanduhrob
05-13-2006, 07:47 AM
I have a different pov, I see those forms of clothing to be the furthest thing you can possibly get, next to a formal ball gown, they scream, I'm female!!!
Compared to everyday male drab clothing. Even a three piece skirted suit, looks like a suit.

Some prefer the jeans & top look, and thats perfectly ok, but to others, a micro mini, skin tight low cut top, and high heels is the perfect way to express their femininity.

I personally don't go out dressed, have no desire to go out dressed, and couldn't pull off the sleazy look even if I wanted to, but, if I did decide to go out, I'd want to wear something as feminine as possible. Which means imo, no jeans, no slacks, short skirt, stockings, heels, revealing top, and full makeup.

Jennaie
05-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Jean:

I think your right to some degree. When I see a woman out in public I look at how she is dressed and what I see plays a part in what type of woman I see her as being. When I see a woman dressed sleazy in public I tend to think of her as just that, sleazy. I also see her as someone who is "looking for attention".

I have heard it said by a woman, that what a man wants a woman to be is a lady in public and a **** in the bedroom. I am sure this may be true for some, but for me I would rather describe her as a lady in public and sexy in the bedroom. To me, the terms sleazy and **** are demeaning.

When it comes to bedroom dressing, what is the difference between how a sexy woman would dress and how **** might dress?

I read a post in the "ask the GG forum" that was inquiring as to how the GG's liked thier cd's to dress. By and large, the response was, "A lady in public and sexy in the bedroom".

Are we so different?

MsJanessa
05-13-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't like to think of it as sleazy, rather sexy--either overstated or subtle--as some who have been around this forum know, I like leather and satin--with dramatic makeup and big hair---I suspect that the reason I like this way of dressing is because of the feeling of power that I get when I'm around men--you know the look they give you when you know they want to fall to their knees and worship the ground you walk on.--llol

sherri
05-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Seems to me this question could just as easily be addressed to GGs as CDs. I guess it depends on how you define sleazy, but I'm with Jillian on this one -- I see scantily clad females every day of my life -- on TV, in the movies, in magazines, at the mall, at ballgames, at nightclubs, at the swimming pool, at the country club, everywhere. Cheerleaders, ice skaters, beach volleyball players, proms, ballroom dancers, the Oscars, Victoria's Secrets, Hooters, Abercrombie, Playboy, MTV, Sports Illustrated, on and on. We're bombarded with it. Sexually suggestive attire is by no means restricted to "sex workers".

Maybe your average soccer mom wouldn't dream of dressing provocatively, but there are plenty of women who do, at least on occasion. How would they answer your question? Even on the conservative side, cleavage has come back into vogue, and short skirts are coming back into fashion. As one of many daily examples, I was in a Hallmark store yesterday and the middle-aged woman waiting on me had to bend down to get some wrapping paper under the counter, and in the process gave me a very revealing view of her breasts courtesy of her low-cut blouse. Was she being sleazy? What message was she conveying?

Jean GG
05-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Wow...those were quick replies...THANK YOU!!! Please note that I am "NOT" judging anyone!!! Cynicism is the basis of good faith! Now, I know we are ALL different with different needs. I personally believe that there is a time and place for everything!

But for those who like to dress sleazy every time, is it the thrill...or the need to express the female side??? I am asking a simple question that requires a lot of honesty.

Leaving aside those who have happy relationships with their wives regarding their cd, I simply cannot help wondering if, those who do it, are they immune to the pain it causes their wivess and the misery it causes them both? Is the thrill worth all of that pain?

jean

Julie York
05-13-2006, 11:06 AM
You've taken a leap of logic there Jean. The dressing "sleazy" is an issue on its own. How that effects a wife or SO is to do with them not understanding each others wishes and not communicating properly or they'd know that it causes offence.

The pain can only be caused if someone is offended....and the question of misery versus pleasure.....again that suggests that the CD is offending the partner in their selfish quest for pleasure by dressing 'sleazy'. Most Cds actually dress alone, even if they have a wife etc.

What you seem to be talking about now is more to do with relationship dynamics and taking someone's feelings into account, rather than the clothing choice of the CD.

Jean GG
05-13-2006, 11:17 AM
This question was addressed to everyone, cd's & gg's. Sorry to dissapoint you Julie/Susan...but thus far you have not answered my question. From all of the responses I gather that some dress for the need to express their female side, others for the thrill...and I am some to both.

We all like to draw attention to ourselves at one time or another...but I am strong believer that those who need to draw attention to themselves through extremes do so because they have little else...that will help them get attention.

:) jean

Cathe TV
05-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Crossdressing has many different aspects to it and there are also many different reasons for doing it. But for people who dress because it is 'exciting', then it is mainly symbolic items of clothing and dressing. They take symbols of female 'sexiness' and wear them because it is exciting. Some enjoy a more refined sexiness, retro corsets, ff stockings etc.....others enjoy a more blatant sexiness that would be seen as 'cheap' or 'sleazy' in every day life, like pvc and so on.

But it isn't actually a portrayal of a 'woman' as such.....It is the wearing of clothing that suggests sexiness and/or femininity in the mind of a man.

Many GGs get confused and offended because they see it as an insult when they see a CD apparently portraying them in a cheap and sleazy way....but the CD who dresses that way is not getting their 'buzz' from creating a woman as such...It's to do with symbols of 'sexiness' and creating the impression of a powerfully sexy woman.

See through blouses, pvc mini skirts, red thigh high boots etc...are all blatant symbols of sexiness to the point of being a cliche......Granted, it is all a matter of taste....(doesn't do much for me at all)...but that's what it is really about. Symbolism......not reality.

Exactly correct. Best answer to this point I've seen in a long while.

Jean GG
05-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Ok...thanks everyone...hopefully I have not offended anyone :) For those of you who have a sense of humor, and my impression is that most of you do, maybe a bit of my dislike for sleaze has to do with cultural differences: I am Continental European and...my husband is Northern European. Continental people have always been credited for being better designers/dressers... especially those from my country! Thanks again for indulging me, now I know how to pester my husband tonight! :) jean

Julie York
05-13-2006, 11:58 AM
This question was addressed to everyone, cd's & gg's. Sorry to dissapoint you Julie/Susan...but thus far you have not answered my question. From all of the responses I gather that some dress for the need to express their female side, others for the thrill...and I am some to both.

We all like to draw attention to ourselves at one time or another...but I am strong believer that those who need to draw attention to themselves through extremes do so because they have little else...that will help them get attention.

:) jean

I thought I'd answered it quite well if you were asking a question on a CD forum about crossdressing..but ok...if it's philosophy you're after....

"What does dressing sleazy have to do with being a woman?"
It is one of the many ways that women express themselves but dressing sleazy doesn't actually have ANYTHING to do with BEING a woman any more than dressing smartly, or conservatively has anything to do with BEING a woman.

As to your comments about seeking attention....maybe women who do dress 'sleazy' are seeking attention because they have little else going for them......but I think what some see as sleazy, another would think is sexy even amongst women.

But CDs dress in a 'sleazy' style, if that's their taste....for the reasons I gave above. It's about crossdressing, not self esteme.

ashlee chiffon
05-13-2006, 12:12 PM
i've asked the question before as to What sleezy or ****ty dress consists of to the GGs and still am unsure as to the definition~
but in the cd mentality, many of us never got to experience different looks and types of clothing when young *hence a lot of the little girl petticoat and frilly dress stuff* and the teenage and young lady stages of tight and short skirts and see thru blouses and spike heels and such, so they are our attempt to feel and experience those looks and clothing styles and be the fem persona we want to adopt. The clothes themselves give us our experience, from learning how a tight skirt feels and looks on us, to the movement of summer dresses, to the satin an chiffon of formal dresses... we become the feminine persona we want to be...
GG's comment that they like to see us dress "our age", but many cd's don't want to dress like an elderly lady...they want that continual "youth" look..the feel of petticoats and frilly dresses...and then a lot of times the ****ty,sexy, ****ty,sensuous, Fredericks of Hollywood, clothing is worn. Then, it looks like we're trying to attract sexually *it May be true*, but often it is just to see how we look dressed that way and to reach the "fem zen" state we try to achieve.We want to experience a ohtootight skirt and how it feels to walk and sit in them, the tug of garters on our hose, the feel and click of waytoohigh heels, long hair on our backs, low cleavae dresses,etc. When a GG gets jealous or insecure with the look, the cd tends to pull back, not wanting to get a bad reaction,and dress on their own when the GG is not home or working or away. THAT's when the problems reallly start, insecurity runs amok, and the imagination runs wild and the cd locks up more because he can't explain himself *he probably doesn't understand his own dynamics*
Its a complicated ball of wax. The ideal is for the GG to be turned on by the look and dress and for both to have fun and roll with it. Very seldom seems to happen though! If we understood ourselves, we wouldn't need these forums to ask the questions.We are fortunate that You and other GG's take the time to ask and try to understand, as it helps us to understand ourselves, also!!!
Tough stuff to explain and harder to understand!

Jillian310
05-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeh Jean, those continental designers are noted for their conservatism. NOT! Just look at the fashion shows in Paris, Milan Etc. Where did the topless bathing suit come from, not to mention the bikini. How about those risque movies that came/come out of Europe? Never On Sunday was NOT a Sunday School movie! The young shapely French and English girls loved their micro minis, and where did the mini craze begin? London?

I think the horse will not arise no matter how long you beat it Jean, nor will the windmills turn into dragons. We wear what we like, when we like, how we like, because we like what we wear, period. Since you seem to be hung up on this, maybe you are yourself fascinated by what I call the strumpet look! I'd be curious to know know how you dressed in your teens and early twenties, and if you dressed in whatever mode, if it was to appeal to the boys and create intrest for you in them.

ShortSkirt
05-13-2006, 12:37 PM
But for those who like to dress sleazy every time, is it the thrill...or the need to express the female side??? I am asking a simple question that requires a lot of honesty.
I don't dress like that everytime (however my g/f prefer's that I do as long as it's not tacky). When I did dress for "shock value" in that sense, it was to attract men and that was a very powerful feeling as MsJanessa stated.

To answer your question directly, it's both.

Mistybtm
05-13-2006, 12:46 PM
I love dressing sleazy and ****y at times other times a mild all depends on the mood i am at the moment and also on my male partoners what they want.
Mistybtm
:hugs:

Kate Simmons
05-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Beats the broccli out of me Jean. When I go out as Ericka, I try to look nice and my aim is to have a good time and enjoy myself. Never could figure out why some "gals" want to dress sleazy.Not a real picture of a woman in my opinion. I have a few "girl" friends who wear micro minis, fishnets, stillettos and could put Dolly Parton to shame topside. The only thing I can figure out is that they want attention as they "think" others (guys maybe?) are attracted to a "woman" like that. What they intend to do once they do "touch base" is anyone's guess because they are men after all. As I said, I try to dress nice but not in a way to attract undue attention as my intention is not erotic attraction, simply to have fun as Ericka. Take care, Ericka

sierracd6
05-13-2006, 01:27 PM
It just makes me feel more attractive.....what I enjoy seeing GGs wear.....makes me conect better......and it is always fun being bad....isn't it?

Karren H
05-13-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't do ****ty or sleazy....doesn't mean I haven't tried it but it isn't me. Guess I'm just not that type and I can't pull it off like some can. Not to imply that there are a bunch of ****s out there or anything.....hehehe But I do like to dress sexy in a more refined classy way. Not that I'm refined.....coal miners are anything from that!! LOL And I have to admit, I have spit out the window of the truck while dressed enfemme!!! Ohhhh the shame of it.... <grin> Guess I'm so comfortable in either gender role that sometimes I forget how I'm dressed!!!

Love Karren

ReginaK
05-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Look at a crossdresser in the same manner you'd look at a teenage girl. Then you'll see why some dress so sleazy.

Jennaie
05-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Look at a crossdresser in the same manner you'd look at a teenage girl. Then you'll see why some dress so sleazy.

A tremendous amout of thought in just one sentence Regina. Well done!

AmandaM
05-13-2006, 05:34 PM
I guess CD'ers can be thought of as being stuck at 15. The experimentation stage. Some never leave this stage. I think we all go through the teen years. I think it's also because we're reaching for femininity. We over-compensate in a desire to "feel" like a woman. As for me, dressing in a mini and spikes and trying to be "hot" is the same as dressing as a bride. Both take me to the limits of femininity, at least in my perception of it.

Caitlintgsd
05-13-2006, 05:47 PM
...... And I have to admit, I have spit out the window of the truck while dressed enfemme!!! Ohhhh the shame of it.... <grin>......

Love Karren

It's going to take me a while to get that image outta my head.... :D

Caitlintgsd
05-13-2006, 07:41 PM
And how does one define "sleazy" or "****tish" attire? At times I've gone out in boots, knee-length skirt (black), a corset and a long sweater. My wife thinks I look ****ty. The only skin that shows is an inch below the skirt and what, four inches above the corset? I'm not even exposing my shoulders.

FionaAlexis
05-13-2006, 08:27 PM

I'm not sure that we all do like to draw attention to ourselves? I'm pretty much a shrinking violet in most situations. However I do agree that there is a big element of exhibitionism in some forms of cross dressing - especially those who dress beyond the current norms or in an exaggerated way. I've read quite a few tranny profiles where the girl talks about exhibitionism - and the thrill of wearing short skirts - or exposed stocking tops - or ultra high heels in public. This also seems linked to fetish lifestyles. Most recently Karmen, an Italian t-girl, who looks terrific and I have no doubt would pass if she wanted to - but she seems to prefer to shock and stand out in the crowd.

I get an extra rush if I feel I'm dressed particularly well. I think everyone does? But certainly not to the extent that I'd want to shock.

Fiona xx

Karren H
05-13-2006, 09:47 PM
It's going to take me a while to get that image outta my head.... :D

Sorry....Was a guy reflex and after I did it I started laughing at myself!! LOL

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
05-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Sorry....Was a guy reflex and after I did it I started laughing at myself!! LOL

Love Karren
Oh, c'mon Karr. Real girls DO spit. We BOTH know that. Can't fool me sweety. Kay

Jean GG
05-14-2006, 05:09 AM
The clothes themselves give us our experience, from learning how a tight skirt feels and looks on us, to the movement of summer dresses, to the satin an chiffon of formal dresses... we become the feminine persona we want to be...*

Ashlycal...thank you for your thoughtful response. I find it extremely useful and it is enabling me understand cd so much more! I agree with your quote and...I think you will all like this one...it's the same for men and women!!! I asked my husband about this last night and he smiled...he said "did you not ever try things on just to see how they made you feel?" I certainly did! My closet has many things I only wear for for myself! I then told my husband about a dress party I went to while I was in graduate school.

At this party I dressed as a call girl and some of the men asked me how much I charged. I simply said " you cannot afford me" being students et all. One of them looked me up and down and said "I will take out a loan!" It was indeed a compliment and I had a lot of fun with it (no, I did NOT go for it)! I now imagine that my little experience there was the same as that of SOME cd's, my husband included, when they dress! Again, thanks for writing! http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/Love.gif
:love: jean

Jean GG
05-14-2006, 05:16 AM

Regina...thank you...this is very interesting. Another QUESTION FOR EVERYONE then...although it should probably be a new thread:

DOES THIS MEAN THAT EMOTIONALLY THE CD WHEN DRESSED AS A TEENAGE GIRL WILL WANT TO BE TREATED AS A TEENAGE GIRL? http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif
+? jean

ShortSkirt
05-14-2006, 05:28 AM
DOES THIS MEAN THAT EMOTIONALLY THE CD WHEN DRESSED AS A TEENAGE GIRL WILL WANT TO BE TREATED AS A TEENAGE GIRL?

Wow, thats a complex question for so few words LOL.

Ummm, when I dressed as a teen and went out, I was trying to fit in as a girl. Of course with all the nervousness and all the emotions of it all as a younger person there was a strong feeling of.....adventure. A young person looking for themself.

Looking back on it now I think it was more for acceptance than anything else, wanting to be seen, and accepted as, a girl. Now the acceptance doesnt hold as much importance to me, I feel like me.

Kate Simmons
05-14-2006, 05:36 AM
I know what Fiona is talking about getting the "rush" by really being into the role. I've been in that situation. Therin lies a potential danger and you have to keep your head and wits about you or could get caught up in the "moment". It feels good for sure but you have to be careful because emotions are very powerful even for CD's. Talk about playing with fire, some times we are too convincing for our own good. Ericka

JoannaDees
05-14-2006, 04:52 PM
And how does one define "sleazy" or "****tish" attire? At times I've gone out in boots, knee-length skirt (black), a corset and a long sweater. My wife thinks I look ****ty. The only skin that shows is an inch below the skirt and what, four inches above the corset? I'm not even exposing my shoulders.

Exactly! I guess Puritans influence "Continental Europe" too .... :rolleyes:

Marlena Dahlstrom
05-15-2006, 02:48 AM
FTM Raven Kaldera had some insightful thoughts on this, see my other post (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30715), where I quoted him at length.

lisa j
05-15-2006, 08:13 PM
while growing up i tried many new looks to see and feel what was best for me,from jeans & T-shirts,trainers,to nice skirts and tops and shoes,then at about the age of 12 the skirts started getting shorter, and my mum & DAD would say " your NOT going out looking like THAT"!.... your give the wrong impression,your draw the wrong sort of boys,your asking for trouble!your making yourself look cheap and tarty,you wont get no respect dressing like that! well even at the age of 12 i had a lot of respect for myself and i wanted others to like me for me,and respect me i didnt follow the latest fashion or trend i wasnt a 'follower' i was ME ... and at 35 years old im still like that now,as a girl it takes a long time for her to build up a good reputation and can be blown away in one night of madness ( i know ive seen it happen to friends)..
i like to look classy not tarty,i dont like women who dress like tarts it makes them look 'easy' & 'cheap'and if you dress that way your be treated that way,its a fact of life! i like to still have that respect my dad use to speak of when i was a child,for a dad to say these things to his daughter he must know best ... after all he was a boy once and knew what boys spoke about and wanted from girls! and if you cant trust your dad then who can u trust?
i now hear myself saying the same words to my 10year old daughter! your NOT wearing THAT its way too short :eek: !
not only have i got to deal with a 10 year old daughter finding her feet in this world of fashion trends im also trying damn hard to deal with my 40year old boyfriend wanting to wear mini skirts shorter than a cuff off a shirt with his stockings & high heels! i took him shopping last week OMG i turned into my DAD lol your not wearing THAT are you - you tart:eek: i said you cant wear that your be showing your fruit bowl off! im not amused by it i can tell ya that... talk about leave nothing to the imagination:rolleyes:
i asked him what he would feel like if he saw his daughter wearing clothes like that - and he couldnt answer me, so i went out and got a denim mini skirt for me - put it on and said how do ya like this? he said your not wearing that out are you pull it down lower its too short :eek: lol
( i only got it for wearing in the garden on a hot sunny day ) wouldnt be seen dead in it otherwise! like i say to him im too old for wearing things like that now and wouldnt want to look like mutton dressed as lamb!
which is how i feel about him - if i was a bloke and he was a woman dressed like that i wouldnt look twice at him!
so it leaves me with mixed feelings i cant get this cheap tarty image of my boyfriend out my head ! i wished he dressed his age and less tarty it would make this crossdressing a whole lot more easy for me to except...
i know i sound stupid and selfish but its the way i feel... even though no one else sees him like this i KNOW his doing it but why in this style? who in his mind & fantasies is he trying to impress? another man?
anyone want to step into my shoes?... your more than welcome aslong as you can clear my head from the mist! lol

love & :hugs:
Lisa j
xxxxxx

HaleyPink2000
05-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Years ago a TS leader of a Transgendered Group from Bloomington Illinois told me you could tell the Crossdressers from the TS. Because they dress Cuter, more Girly etc, than TS's do.

Jean GG
05-16-2006, 10:19 AM
while growing up at about the age of 12 the skirts started getting shorter, and my mum & DAD would say " your NOT going out looking like THAT"!.... your give the wrong impression,

who in his mind & fantasies is he trying to impress? another man?

These were my questions too Lisa...not sure they were answered! Jean

lisa j
05-16-2006, 03:09 PM
i dont think we will ever know the answer to that ! maybe its giving too much info away on a deep personal fantasy?..
Lisa j
xxxxxx

Bridget
05-16-2006, 07:12 PM
i dress slightly more conservatively than most the girls in my cohort.

i don't want to really attract the wrong sorts.

Bridget
05-16-2006, 07:17 PM
so it leaves me with mixed feelings i cant get this cheap tarty image of my boyfriend out my head ! i wished he dressed his age and less tarty it would make this crossdressing a whole lot more easy for me to except...
i know i sound stupid and selfish but its the way i feel... even though no one else sees him like this i KNOW his doing it but why in this style? who in his mind & fantasies is he trying to impress? another man?
anyone want to step into my shoes?... your more than welcome aslong as you can clear my head from the mist! lol

love & :hugs:
Lisa j
xxxxxx

Perhaps it's psychology? I was watching this show on public television yesterday, and it was saying that people are attracted to partners that resemble themselves, a sort of autophilia. So perhaps, this dressing is really him dressing to match his sexual fantasy? So he dresses, perhaps, not to impress another man, but to impress himself.

Also; there is something to be said for dressing your age. Some may boo me and say that it's easy to say for me because i'm only 21, but i think it's possible for a woman late in years to dress her age and still be attractive (even though it's classier and more mature, doesn't mean it's any less sexy). Mature and sexy aren't mutually exclusive concepts, it's just a bit more subtle and doesn't rely on extremely tight clothes or showing skin. It's all about colors, and textures and contrast, class and attitude.

DawnLabelle
05-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Dang, Julie York got it right on the head. I should save that.

Dawn

Marlena Dahlstrom
05-17-2006, 12:05 AM
i think it's possible for a woman late in years to dress her age and still be attractive (even though it's classier and more mature, doesn't mean it's any less sexy). Mature and sexy aren't mutually exclusive concepts, it's just a bit more subtle and doesn't rely on extremely tight clothes or showing skin. It's all about colors, and textures and contrast, class and attitude.

There are a number of older French women who have it down an art -- Catherine Deneuve (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000366/), Isabelle Huppert (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001376/), etc.

Bernice
05-17-2006, 12:31 AM
To begin with, I would like to know WHAT DOES DRESSING SLEAZY HAVE TO DO WITH BEING A WOMAN???

Nothing at all. What we wear has nothing to do with what we are, or who we are. We wear what we wear for a variety of reasons, only one of which is that most people simply wear what society tells them is proper to wear.

Most on this forum are nonconformists in at least one major way.

I once dressed in very short dresses/skirts. Now I dress more my age. None of this alters my genetic makeup, nor particularly how other people might guess my sex (as opposed to my gender). I'll probably never be a woman. I simply prefer to dress as a lady.

rickie121x
05-17-2006, 12:52 AM
I do that look, and love creating it and love acting it! It is not that that I do it all the time, for my real preference is the look of the dominatrix :dom: - with boots and black leather with BDSM suggestive accents, like handcuffs. OK so I have another predilection there... but it is very similar to the sleazy notion.

Part of the thrill of dressing and acting as a woman is that there is such a wonderous cast of characters can be played - not as in the everyday dull and "drab" male roles. Actually there are some wild characters to be played there, but it can be dangerous to do so - especially out in public! Not for this sissy! Female characters can be portrayed with literally no danger at all; an occasional sidewise glance would be about the worst that could happen.

So "we", that is those of us for whom this question is directed, tend to follow the more notorious and sensual of the females we have been attracted to. And I think it is as simple as that. And if it means anything, GG's please take note of what it is, I would believe, to which most of us are attracted.

This bumbling, and amateurish explanation is the best I am able to put together for what I believe to be a truly dynamic and interesting question.

Richard/Rickie...depending... :yrtw: