PDA

View Full Version : Stocking slippage

sierracd6
05-13-2006, 01:28 PM
How in the world do you keep these things from slippimg everytime you move?

tvgirl4fun
05-13-2006, 01:34 PM
It totally depends on what kind you're talking about. I usually wear thigh highs with an elastic top. Stockings with out an elastic top require using a garter belt. You also have to make sure they're the right size for you. Most CDs need the XL size so they come up over the top of your thighs. Otherwise if they only come up to the middle of the thigh, they will slip down. Jaie

Joanie
05-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Are you talking about thigh highs? I have had that problem with them and someone on here told me that happens if you can't shave your legs, which I can't.

If it is pantyhose, might be the wrong size or maybe they are worn out.

sierracd6
05-13-2006, 01:38 PM
They are thigh highs with the elastic.......and I do shave.....I have had garter belts in the past, and the stockings still would look like garbage because now they are just uneven....I am about to just superglue the things on....

tvgirl4fun
05-13-2006, 01:39 PM
I never had a problem with thigh highs slipping before I started shaving my legs as long as they were "long" enough. You have to look at the back of the package and match your weight and your height to get the right size. Jaie

Caitlintgsd
05-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I like the thigh highs with elastic and the rubber (?) banding around the top on the inside. The banding helps them cling to the skin a bit better. Of course there's nothing wrong with a garter belt either.

Tina Dixon
05-13-2006, 01:41 PM
They are thigh highs with the elastic.......and I do shave.....I have had garter belts in the past, and the stockings still would look like garbage because now they are just uneven....I am about to just superglue the things on....

Maybe your legs aren't on right:eek:

sierracd6
05-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Sometimes my heads not on right either...maybe if I switch them.......ouch...Need another beer.....

Joanie
05-13-2006, 01:43 PM

Check out what are called suspender hose from Frederick's. Nice thin lace hoisdery belt around the tummy that connects by black suspender cloth to the hoisery. Similar to a garter belt but all one outfit, easier to put on. This solved the problem for me.

Karren H
05-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Had the same problem. And didn't have a rear good solution except garter belts!! Found some brands slipped more than others and there is a corelation between leg hairs and lotion and skin cleanliness (in my opinion). Maybe not a one-to-one but there's something. Even after I wash them it doesn't seem to help the ones that slip.

Was walking into work one morning, with a pair of thigh highs on and met up with the CEO. We walked in together and as we walked I could feel my stockings slipping down under my slacks!!! PLEASE Don't let them come out from under my slacks!!!!! They stopped at my calvs....hehehe. Mining is such an exciting business....in more ways than you can imagine!!

Love Karren

sierracd6
05-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Joanie...I was looking at those and they are sexy...I don't think they come in fishnet....I love fishnets....I will have to recheck my catalouge

sierracd6
05-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah I had that happen in the store once...was weraing sweats over them thatk god....and all I could do is try to act natural....yeah rightall I felt was all eyes on me....but they werent...

KathrynW
05-13-2006, 02:18 PM
How in the world do you keep these things from slipping everytime you move?
duct tape... :tongueout

sierracd6
05-13-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm a sheetmetal worker and have tons of the stuff....been a thought...haha

jennylou
05-13-2006, 02:29 PM
duct tape... :tongueout
If all else fails try a staple gun lol

KathrynW
05-13-2006, 02:33 PM
If all else fails try a staple gun lol
There ya go! That's what all the macho crossdressers use...
WAIT...is that an oxymoron? :bonk:
I use either a staple gun or liquid nails! :p

Siobhan Marie
05-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Don't like the idea of the staple gun or the liquid nails, sounds painful!

:hugs: Anna x

Joy Carter
05-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Take a piece of cord and clip one to the top of one hose then bring the cord up over your neck and down to the other hose, wala idiot hose ! LOL

Thanks for the idea Bill Cosby

Phyliss
05-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Hanes Silk Reflections thigh high size EF for me. Haven't slipped yet.

I can relate to them slipping when I've had my garter belt give out on one side. I felt the rear clasp go but I couldn't get to the rest room just then to fix it, but wouldn't you know about ten minutes later the front one pulled free.
Fortunately I could grab it through my pants pocket but,....So here I am heading to the mens room in the mall with one hand stuck deep in one pocket praying I didn't meet anybody I knew, and hoping a stall would be vacant.

Lesson learned: get a good garter belt that won't give out on you in mid stride.

carol ann
05-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Thigh highs or 'hold ups' as we call them in the UK do not like legs that are too smooth. M&S put a warning on the packet that moisturisers affect the adhesion of the top of the stocking and the two should not go together

Alayna
05-13-2006, 06:47 PM
This stuff I hear works well: http://www.stockingshq.com/sheertemptation/index.htm

Check the size and how you're pulling them on. If you have to stretch them up your legs for them to be long enough you need a bigger size.

Also, most garter belts are pure garbage for actually holding your stockings up! They're meant for the bedroom no matter what the company says. If you can buy it at Frederick's or Victoria's Secret, it won't hold your stockings up all day. The one's that actually work aren't as pretty, but they're more comfortable: Look for something at least twice as wide, with at least 6 suspenders that are also WIDE, and make sure they have metal clasps.

older not wiser
05-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi, First of all you must have the correct size, second are they stretch or not and thirdly a good garter belt is a must!!!! Really good garter belts have metal clips instead of the plastic ones. The rear strap(s) must be adjusted a little longer than the front. A better garter belt has six(6) or eight(8) straps.
I personally prefer pantyhose(Hanes Silk Reflections), control top. I feel much more secure when I wear pantyhose and the added feature is that they tend to hold my "privates" in. And yes I wear them everyday, for me I'm not totally dressed without pantyhose. Hope this helps and sheds some light on your problem.

Hugs.
BonnieAnne

Faye Emmette
05-13-2006, 07:32 PM
I find a girdle will move down a bit and then stay at a safe level. I used to worry that the top of the girdle was in line with my belly button and 1/2 an hour later be lower but I once left it and soon it 'levelled out'.
Or of course, you can't beat an all-in-one corsolette.
F.

Kate Simmons
05-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Sometimes my heads not on right either...maybe if I switch them.......ouch...Need another beer.....
No need to obsess too much, Hon. If you look good and feel good, that's what counts. As Bob Hope used to say:"She may not be Santa Claus, but she can sure fill a stocking!" Ericka

btmgrl6
05-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Its a mild roll on adhesive holds stockings and bra straps up. It's easy to use and remove. I go dancing and no slipage. garter belts are very sexy too.

Steph

KerriAnn
05-14-2006, 04:13 AM
There's always good old sock glue. Direct from Japan.

http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/DAI545

Lori Lynn
05-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Hello everyone, I am new here, but have been lurking for awhile on this site. As for stockings not staying up, I clean the band with rubbing alcohol or witch hazel first. This seems to work well for me

Lori

sierracd6
05-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Hello girls, back again....I think I may try on the roll on adhesive.....will have ti find some though. Definatley not using that adhesive for my forms...that stuff is too strong.....Thanks girls for all the input