PDA

View Full Version : Back to the future

Kate Simmons
05-14-2006, 01:40 PM
If you had the opportunity to travel back in time to prevent yourself from ever becoming a crossdresser, would you? I know my answer but am interested in yours.

Nikki Dee
05-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Get outa here..!!..are you mad.????LOL...No way.!!!
Love Nikki. x

Maria-Christina
05-14-2006, 01:52 PM
No way. I wish I'd come out of the closet years ago. But then again if I did I'd probably not met my SO.

Maria

btmgrl6
05-14-2006, 02:29 PM
This is the "me" I should always have been I only wish I'd discovered it sooner..

Steph

CharlaineCadence
05-14-2006, 02:32 PM
I would have came out to my parents in my youth and gotten my meds then before puberty. maybe i would have a better body too.

Maddie
05-14-2006, 02:32 PM
About as much chance as a snowball in hell

celeste26
05-14-2006, 02:37 PM
In a heartbeat yes I would without a doubt. Yes I would trade all of the many things I've learned and pain I've experienced for something else. Which doesn't mean there wouldn't be the same amount of pain just different.

Helen MC
05-14-2006, 02:58 PM
No way Jose! I would however go back in time to take advantage of a couple of CD opportunities I missed as I was too young and inexperienced to understand and seize them at the time.

I would also travel back to the time in a place I worked in the mid 1970s and armed with the knowledge of bitter experience I would ensure that the door of that toilet cubicle (stall) was secured when I used it and was discovered sitting on the toilet pan with my very girly floral patterned panties at my knees by a hostile and very butch and macho co-worker and as a result suffered much humiliation in that job.

KerriAnn
05-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Not in a heartbeat would I change. I am who I am. What I would do though is go back and arm my younger self with knowledge that I had learned present day. I would give my younger self the hope and courage to be my true self and not hide behind the fear that my parents had used against me.

KathrynW
05-14-2006, 03:21 PM
If you had the opportunity to travel back in time to prevent yourself from ever becoming a crossdresser, would you? I know my answer but am interested in yours.
Hmmmm....I'm not sure traveling back in time would change that...but if it did...not only yes, but Hell Yes, I'd do it.
Same goes if there's some kind of pill I could take to not ever desire to CD again... :straightface:

Nigella
05-14-2006, 03:24 PM
In one word NO

Donna Delite
05-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Even if I could travel back in time I still couldn't prevent myself from becoming a cd. For me, and probably most of the girls here, this isn't a hobby or a whim, it is hard wired into our personality and there's nothing you can do about it. Sure, the strong of will perhaps could stop but not being yourself results in an unhappy person. I'll never understand cd's that purge every once in a while trying to stop, like throwing out your fem things is going to make you change who you are. Let's assume for a minute that there was a magic potion that would make you stop dressing with just one drink and never get the urge again. Even if this is the case I still wouldn't drink it. Donna is a part of me, and I realized and accepted this long ago. After 30 yrs of dressing I still enjoy and look forward to it and wouldn't want it any other way.

Kate Simmons
05-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Get outa here..!!..are you mad.????LOL...No way.!!!
Love Nikki. x
Yeah, I'm nuts Nikki but's that's a "given". You should know that by now. Still, I hadda ask because I've been pondering this question for years. My honest answer would have to be "No" as well. I wouldn't be the person I am today otherwise. As many "problems" as CD ing has caused for me I feel I'm more enlightened by many things and have a better perspective on life. I could see myself as some kind of skid row bum possibly because actually the fact that I was a CD was why I got married. If that hadn't happened, I never would have known my children. Not only that but according to the "laws" of time travel (according to theory), it's possible that myself or a lot of things would not even exist today (butterfly effect) if I changed it. There's a purpose for everything, including CDing. Wouldn't change things for all the tea in China or all the coffee in Colombia. Ericka

JoannaDees
05-14-2006, 04:44 PM
This is such a hard question to answer, or rather a hard thing to ponder. I have so much invested in my life and family, how could I ever wish that away?

Teresa Amina
05-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Not to be cd is not to be me. Can I go back and kick myself in the head for hiding from herself? Could have saved a lot of time wasted.

SherriePall
05-14-2006, 05:29 PM
No.

Monica Elena
05-14-2006, 05:35 PM

NO WAY ERICKA!!!!!!
I love to be who I am and I'm proud of it.
How could I live without that lovely woman I see when in fornt of a mirror?

Rachel Morley
05-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Gosh, I don't think so! If I did I'd be depriving myself of something that gives great pleasure, and why would I want to do that? Anyway, what would I be doing instead?....fishing or something? Not a chance!

(Btw....no offence intended if you're a person who happens to like fishing) :)

gennee
05-14-2006, 05:47 PM
I've only been dressing a year. I don't know what it is to grow up with the feelings some of you have experienced. I only know that I'm happy with who I am now.

Gennee

Lilith Moon
05-14-2006, 06:07 PM
No way.

I would pursue my crossdressing with even more determination and vigor second time around !!

Joy Carter
05-14-2006, 06:46 PM
So if I could go back in time to prevent me from being me ?? Not possable even if time travel was I'm me and nothing can change that. Take a pill and take this away ? SO would want that I'm not so sure I would then again I would have avoided a lot of pain in the past by doing so. So stop this Erica your confusing me here all ready !!!!! LOL

urban gypsy
05-14-2006, 06:50 PM
No, the only thing I would have changed is I would have let Emelda loose on the world sooner and not let my body have got so over weight.

Rikkicn
05-14-2006, 07:07 PM
There was a time when I would have said yes. I hated the feelings I had and felt ashamed.
Years later I can now say that I wouldn't. It has brought so much joy and happiness to my life that I would want it to be any other way.
Thank you for asking.
Rikki

Nlenro-nu2
05-14-2006, 07:14 PM

Hi Ericka! I'm Nlenro-nu 2 I know in theory by compression time travel is possible but costly. I would say if I were to go back in time I would've grown up as a female instead living like a male if I knew back then what I know now. I made the mistake listening to others rather than my feelings. Many thought my feelings were just a phase.. the ones that I let know about my crossdressing such as My Teacher and one of my cousins Rosanna (who's passed away last year)! I know I would've endured a different kind of pain than the pain of living in drab as a male! I probably would have been insulted alot more but maybe not. It's hard to say! I won't give up my cding for anything except maybe 2 billion dollars but I would not give up permanently! Male living is boresville, dullsville if you're not the macho type! And male clothes are most uncomfortable except for the satin stuff!

Stacie Stockman
05-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Uh why would I want to do that? If I had a time machine I would use it to hide money that I would use to buy clothes and accessories for when I finally accepted Stacie in my life.

donna h
05-14-2006, 07:42 PM
No. Love the feeling dressing gives me. At 13 wish I had knowledge I do now as sites like this were not around. At 43 with a some what supportive SO MY life is improving. Could not stop dressing if I wanted, tried did not work. Just do what I can with my SO supporting me.

RenaCD
05-14-2006, 07:59 PM
A very Big Resounding No here also! And I'm so very glad to see most all of us feel the same way, It does the heart good to be among Sisters of like Minds.:hugs:
What Wonderful Spirit!!

EricaCD
05-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Nope. I'd go back in time to 1990 and tell myself two things:

1. Tell her.
2. Stop it with the upper body workouts. Stick to aerobics.

Erica

Stormgirl
05-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Why yes I would if the oppertunity ever presented itself.

VERONICARH
05-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Before I joined this site I probably would have said yes. But since I have joined this site NO you gurls and sisters have helped me fill better about myself. Thanks Veronica

rachellenicole
05-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Ummmm.... Absolutly not. I would, as many others said escalated my journey quicker and enjoyed my youth more as Rachelle.

Rachelle

TeriAnn
05-14-2006, 09:48 PM
no way would I stop cding it is who I am and itis a part of me. If u don't want to be a crossdresser then get rid of your clothes and hels and become the man u are supposed to be. For me I will go to my grave feeling the way I do and I will not let anyone change that.:rolleyes:

kymmieLorain
05-14-2006, 11:50 PM
I would go back and buy things I have wanted to buy but never did or stock up on things I like but they don't make anymore.

Kymmie

Trisha
05-14-2006, 11:55 PM
for me ther is no need to go back im happy at who i am and what i stand for :happy:

Deborah
05-14-2006, 11:59 PM
I'd rather travel back in time to the night i was conceived and bang on the door interrupting the moment before....

luky charm
05-15-2006, 12:07 AM
if i could go back, i'd tell my self to start shopping and let it fly! insecurity can be such a set back, i'd go back and do much worse (or better?)

Mistybtm
05-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Hard question I would have to go back to my early teens, If i had that opportunity I would change many things but not who i am if anything i would have gone further back and finished what was stated and been a sexy female if that was possible from the start, that I have always wanted to be.
Mistybtm

ZoeGurl
05-15-2006, 09:59 AM
No just the opposite. I would go back and tell my younger self to get a move on!

Zoe

Siobhan Marie
05-15-2006, 10:09 AM

No way, I am who I am. But like others wish I'd realized sooner.

:hugs: Anna x

Casey Morgan
05-15-2006, 10:18 AM
No. There was a time when I would have happily sold my soul to do just that. But now I realize that my soul is the very thing I would be giving up.

Billie Jean
05-16-2006, 12:53 PM
No. Billie jean

TGMarla
05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
No. I am what I am, and my crossdressing has put me in touch with the other half of humanity, and a large part of what I am that would otherwise be locked away under the guise of societal norms that prohibit exploration of the self. I like me just how I am, and I'm thrilled that this other part of me has been allowed to come forth. I am less incomplete as a result.

Bridget
05-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm not even sure how I'd go about doing that, if I wanted to. Crossdressing and being transgender, was never a choice at any point. Even since I was small, I wanted to be able to be either male or female. I mentioned it casually multiple times to friends at many different ages, before I started dressing. It often weirded them out. I think i'd have to somehow teleport back to 1983, when i was a wee bun in the oven, and have to wire my brain to be more male...either by injecting the proper amount of testosterone or fixing whatever went on in my foetal brain...

But to answer the question, no way.

Ebonee_Tgirl
05-16-2006, 09:41 PM
If I could go back in time the only thing I'd do is get to that moment when I was conceived and do a little re-engineering. :happy:

allisonrn06
05-17-2006, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't change being a cd,but I would make sure that the woman I found would accept me this way before we even started dating.

ReginaK
05-17-2006, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't stop it. I like who I am. If anything, i'd get myself into it sooner. I would have enjoyed it more when I was younger, thinner, prettier.

LucyTwitch
05-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi

No, but would go back and find self acceptance sooner. and maybe inform the world about us.

Love
Lucy

tullyxxx
05-17-2006, 08:18 PM
No way. I wish I'd come out of the closet years ago. But then again if I did I'd probably not met my SO.

Maria
hi read your message if you would like a chat i am on tullyxxx@aol.com love grace

Clare
05-18-2006, 03:53 AM
I have no idea! I've never known what it's like to be a non-crossdresser, so why take the risk?

Ok, I've experienced emotional anguish over being a crossdresser in the past, and being a crossdresser in daily life has it's moments, but it's all I know in my life!

I guess what I am is what i'm happy with - the alternative remains an unknown!