PDA

View Full Version : Just proud of me.

StephanieCD
11-14-2004, 07:19 PM
It's just a little thing but it was big to me...

I bought some nylons tonight! I'm wearing them and I'm so proud it's silly. I used one of those self checkout aisles - I brilliant suggestion from another thread - and my only problem was making sure the aisle was empty when I approached.

Not that bad - I was nervous doing it locally though. My friends are the type to say "what's in the basket" and go through my shit.

Anyway - I feel prettier than usual and wanted to brag.

Thank you all for inspiring me to try and accept myself. Now... to keep the kitten from attacking my feet and giving me a run.... a whole new problem I never thought of!

christine55
11-14-2004, 07:23 PM
I love thos cute shoes with the anklets
Hugs, Christine.

Jennifer Ivy
11-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Stephanie, that is so fantastic! It's the little things that fill our lives. How many cobblesones will fit into a bucket? How many grains of sand will do the same? You have many more grains to look forward to. Relish them.

StephanieCD
11-14-2004, 07:37 PM
How many cobblesones will fit into a bucket? How many grains of sand will do the same?

A more zen piece of metaphorical profundity I couldn't have crafted myself. Well said!

Thank you - I'm happy with this grain... I can't stop rubbing my legs together!

JennyCD
11-14-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm happy for you. I also bought some pantyhose today myself. I've realized that in these stores people really don't pay much attention to what you're buying, even the cashiers.

Wenda
11-15-2004, 03:12 AM
You girls have it right, I like thigh high stockings, and calf stockings. I have found a brand that the grocery super store sells, and just put them in the basket with the coffee, eggs, whatever, and no one notices.
The only time I had a comment at a check-out was when I got a bit carried away and bought several nice silky undergarments that were on sale at a department store. The store was quiet and I was the only person checking out, so the cashier had some time. She was a very foxy, slightly dangerous looking young lady, rang them in and instead of "is that all for you?', asked "Are those all for you?" with a wicked smile. I said "yes, thanks" . I paid, and she said "have a nice evening" with a bit of a wink. I said 'thanks, I will!' It was all a bit of fun.
btw, you are right about the kitten, stockings are a frickin crime. I have men's socks that must be 5 years old, been washed a hundred times, and are still ok. Nylon stockings are good for what, 5 washes, by hand?
Anyway, glad you enjoyed your shopping trip. I find buying the clothes part of the thrill. wenda.

Wenda
11-15-2004, 03:26 AM
another thought on purchases, if you are uncomfortable, I have become quite at ease in the bra section of a large department store, but would still be uncomfortable in a specialty ladies store. Now I never go to WalMart without walking by the lingerie section to see if something good is on sale. Same as the groceries. If you buy the nice black lace panties along with the paint brush and the masking tape and the milk, it just blends in. If you are not comfortable trying something on, I always make sure something is returnable. Asking, "can these be returned if they are not right?" is also a bit of a cover. Today I bought two pairs of ladies jeans (which I love, a bit stretchy and very comfy), and asked the fellow at check-out if they could be returned if they were not right. He said 'oh sure, our Christmas returns policy is in place now, and these can be returned up to the end of January." shop till you drop. wenda.

Rachel Ann
11-15-2004, 03:50 AM
our Christmas returns policy is in place now
Ah yes, Christmas is the time when all sorts of shops are used to men buying ladies' things!

As far as the rest of the year goes . . .

Ever since I was underage at the liquor store, I have found that the best way of dealing with the "hairy eyeball" is to just stare them down. Store clerks, especially at places like Target and WalMart, need their (crummy) jobs and aren't about to get in trouble by angering a customer if they can help it.

One time a girl clerk actually asked me "who are these for", obviously meaning me as a possibility. I looked at her with eyes that said "are you *begging* for trouble?" and said in a low, even voice "what do *you* think?". She blushed and looked down, and rang up my order.

babe4life
11-15-2004, 04:10 AM
Stephanie,

Congratulations! Very liberating isn't it? And I promise, it gets easier with time.

The one time I bought a really nice tennis skirt and the cashier commented on how cute it was. So what to do? I agreed with her totally :D

Love,
Vicky

Julie
11-15-2004, 04:22 AM
It's just a little thing but it was big to me...

I bought some nylons tonight! I'm wearing them and I'm so proud it's silly. I used one of those self checkout aisles - I brilliant suggestion from another thread - and my only problem was making sure the aisle was empty when I approached.

Not that bad - I was nervous doing it locally though. My friends are the type to say "what's in the basket" and go through my shit.

Anyway - I feel prettier than usual and wanted to brag.

Thank you all for inspiring me to try and accept myself. Now... to keep the kitten from attacking my feet and giving me a run.... a whole new problem I never thought of!

Congratulations Stephanie, 'One small step for womankind' :)

JJ

Wendy me
11-15-2004, 06:54 AM
stephanie you can allway tell the casher that thay are for your wife/ girlfreind.........if she asks if thay are for you wink and say yes.......shop on girl