PDA

View Full Version : how many shave their legs?

luky charm
05-15-2006, 01:09 AM
i liked all the question type threads, this one has probably been done, but i thought i'd ask. i shave ocassionally, but now it's more full time. any funny/horror stories about shaved legs?

Deborah
05-15-2006, 01:22 AM
No funny or horror stories, but yes i shave my legs every 2-3 days. No SO to worry about. :D

Kierci
05-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Well I cant say I have any story to go with this but I must raise my hand when the question is asked do I shave my legs? Hell Yes and thighs and occasionally chest too :) :happy:

Faye Emmette
05-15-2006, 03:25 AM
I shave. Luckily it doesn't grow too fast so it can go for over a week. I have a fairly hairless body.
I went on holiday to New Zealand one Winter and my 'close' friend who was married took me around to the geysers and thermal pools. So .. we went for a swim in the wonderfully clear pools and yes, she did notice my legs.
I just explained that my girlfriend at the time liked them that way.

Andrea Elva
05-15-2006, 03:26 AM
:love: I keep my legs shaved and the SO moans when I have let the hairs grow back..so time to get rid of the hairy legs...:hugs:

Sandra
05-15-2006, 03:33 AM
Hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I used to shave my legs about twice a week, then I found a product called "Nads", its a cold wax type thing, easy to use and not to painfull ;) the beauty is, I only have to do it every 6 -7 weeks and after using it for over 18 months some of the hairs has got that weak that I now have bare patches on my legs where the hairs don't grow back.

Nigella
05-15-2006, 03:43 AM
Hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I used to shave my legs about twice a week, then I found a product called "Nads", its a cold wax type thing, easy to use and not to painfull ;) the beauty is, I only have to do it every 6 -7 weeks and after using it for over 18 months some of the hairs has got that weak that I now have bare patches on my legs where the hairs don't grow back.
And its fun inflicting the pain :evil:

Phyliss
05-15-2006, 05:14 AM
I used to shave. Had to about everyother day and it was a bother. Since I've discovered the "joy of wax" haven't put a blade to my legs since.
Every six weeks a full body wax. From nose to toes, and everything in between.

suezeq
05-15-2006, 05:19 AM
shave every 2/3days she insists lolo

PamelaB
05-15-2006, 05:31 AM
Yes, darling I shave every 2 maybe 3 days. I will also nair them sometimes. Don't forget to moisturize after so the don't dry out.

Pam:)

Sandi906
05-15-2006, 05:51 AM
Hi, In the past I have wondered about using a waxing product but one of the reasons I haven't is that I don't know how much to buy. I shave legs, underarms, and chest on a regular basis and would like to try Nads or one of the other products. Please let me know how much you use for each part of your body, and is the expense worth it? Thanks, Sandi

A Michigan CD...

[QUOTE=Sandra GG]Hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I used to shave my legs about twice a week, then I found a product called "Nads", its a cold wax type thing, easy to use and not to painfull ;)

Veronica E. Scott
05-15-2006, 05:51 AM
Yes, darling I shave every 2 maybe 3 days. I will also nair them sometimes. Don't forget to moisturize after so the don't dry out.

Pam:)

Yes I do can't stand the stubble,shave everything,the boys love being smooth hehehe.

ShortSkirt
05-15-2006, 06:24 AM
I shave every other day and I have for years.

Hope you don't mind me butting in here
It could just be me I suppose, but I feel like the GG's have been quiet for a day or two now. Personally, I don't like that :p .

Please butt in, anytime you feel like it.

annekathleen
05-15-2006, 06:28 AM
Use to shave my legs, but have a steady g/f now. I was still shaving my underarms all through the winter and she really never noticed. But, with the nicer weather and I'll be opening up my pool soon, I can't get caught with clean shaven arm pits. So, I'm hairy till this fall.

ShortSkirt
05-15-2006, 06:30 AM
I shave my armpits as well, and all I've ever told anyone is it stop's a lot of the smell, which is true.

Karren H
05-15-2006, 06:59 AM
I shave full time (evertthing except my head and fore arms) except for the summer months when I let my legs fuzz up for male shorts and family vacations. And I've just hit the passability test last night.....exposed my bare legs and took off my shirt in the locker room (late night hockey game), without anyone pointing at me!! LOL My wife also has been asking me if I'm going to wear shorts this summer because she says I didn't wear them last summer?? Odd, thought I did...... Guess that's a polite way of asking me if my legs are fuzzy enough to not embarase her infront of her sister when we go to Florida later this week!! I should have said "hell no!!" and run to the bathroom and shaved!!!!

Well, I haven't dressed in 3 weeks and the itching has stopped! God, I hate summer....need to move further north where male shorts haven't been invented yet!! hehehe

Love Karren

Alicia_lynn419
05-15-2006, 07:34 AM
I've kept my legs shaved for nearly a year now, and my pits even longer. So far the only person that seems to have noticed and said anything is my un-accepting Ex. I have no plans to stop now, and if anyone DOES ask, I'll just tell them its a matter of personal grooming choice.

Tiffy
05-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Well my legs have been shaved for about three years now. But, I am shaved from top to bottom except for my arms.

April Marie

Sophie_A
05-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Shave the whole lot off, hate being hairy, its so much nicer being smooth. Moisturiser is a must, and the ones that include abit of a tan perfect for getting ready for summer.

Sandra
05-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi, In the past I have wondered about using a waxing product but one of the reasons I haven't is that I don't know how much to buy. I shave legs, underarms, and chest on a regular basis and would like to try Nads or one of the other products. Please let me know how much you use for each part of your body, and is the expense worth it? Thanks, Sandi

A Michigan CD...

I have tried the hot waxes but found them too much trouble. I buy the nads in a 12oz tub and that can last up to 6-8 months doing lower legs, front and back, under arms for both me and Nigella. One thing with nads is you can use each strip a couple of times before you need to apply more, where as with hot wax the strip is used once. As a general rule I use about a desert spoon on each leg, it doesn't have to be a thick layer.

As for the chest, well I don't need to use it there :p and Nigella is fortunate enough not to have many hairs on her chest so we use electrolysis there, but again I would say about a couple of desert spoons. It is really a case of put a small amount on if it doesn't work properly just put a bit more on. I know when I first started using it I was wasting a lot, thought the thicker I applied it the better it would be , but that is not the case.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

Connie D50
05-15-2006, 09:13 AM
I have what I call my season I can only shave in the winter. My job doesn't let me do it years round.:( When I do shave it all my body hair.
Connie

JoAnnDallas
05-15-2006, 09:14 AM
I have been shaving my legs, underarms, and chest for months now. Not even my wife has really noticed. She has seen me with shaved legs and my painted toes, but has not made any comment. LOL

chantelle
05-15-2006, 09:35 AM
There have been times that I did not want to shave my legs but found that after a week of looking at my ugly hairy self I stand and shave before I even think about it for longer than two minutes. Like the urge to do so outweighs the urge not to do so. Yep I am definately a shaver.

Love
Chantelle.

ZoeGurl
05-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Yup I shave them. I love the way they feel sans hair. I wear shorts all the time and noone has said a word about my legs. Sometimes living in an apathetic society is a plus. Hehe!

Zoe

Siobhan Marie
05-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I shave my legs every 2 days and my arms and armpits on the days when my legs don't need doing. I moisturise twice a day.

:hugs: Anna x

ChristyCD
05-15-2006, 09:40 AM
I just recently started shaving my legs (and I mean the BIG SHAVE).

I told my wife I couldn't stand hairy legs, and she bought me some veet (hair removal lotion) the next time she went to the store.

I LOVE IT! The feeling is great! I have worn shorts in public (as it is quite warm in AZ already), and no rude comments...just the WOW, your legs look great!

EricaCD
05-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Just started a few weeks ago and now have almost immediately put shaving on hiatus. Wife (who to her credit is now working this out rather than avoiding) indicated that the shaving was REALLY making her uncomfortable, so for now we have mutually agreed to put that out of bounds. I don't want to make the acceptance process any harder for her.

As she gets more comfortable (or at least we get our relationship equilibrium restored), we will see whether this is a boundary that can move without causing her pain. In the meantime I am in no particular hurry and fortunately I'm not that hairy in any case :)

Erica

ChristieS
05-15-2006, 10:53 AM
I've never had much body hair. My leg and arm hair are almost non-existant. But, now that I'm getting a bit older I'm starting to find these wierd mutant hairs popping up now and again! I just deal with them when I see them.

aprilgirl
05-15-2006, 12:28 PM
It really depends on my relationship status at the time.In a relationship..shaved....not in a relationship...not shaved.I don't want to explain a hairless body at the onset of meeting someone.

Now,maybe once a year I'll treat myself to a manicure/pedicure and throw caution to the wind and shave...summer...spring....does'nt matter once the mood strikes.

Neith.goddess
05-15-2006, 12:54 PM
yea...i have been shaveing allot lately..

when i first did it I ended up with about 1000 little red dots on my legs from my hair growing back and it really itches...

but i had also shaved allot of other parts too...so it really sucked

I have recently dscovered my error though...i was shaveing against the hair...now that I shave with the hair I don't get bumbs...unless its another area...which just doesent react nicely to any kind of shaveing at all...

I like shaveing my pits though...its never given me trouble and it feels nice bald...

Marla
05-15-2006, 02:59 PM
armpits legs chest and nobody notices! That may be kinda sad.

Julie Avery
05-15-2006, 03:33 PM
If I were to make a list of the "top 10 fun things about crossdressing", "having shaved legs" would be way up top.

sierracd6
05-15-2006, 03:34 PM
I shave from the neck down....three to four times a week....I love being smooth....I did cut my nipple once...and it hurt like....well imagine....And not even because I crossdress...I do it because I hate looking like chewbacca....eeerrrruuuuugh

Marika
05-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Shaved my legs for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Then decided to do my chest and armpits. Sunday was sunny so i was in the garden just in shorts. My SO likes the look and the neighbours didn't seem to even notice. Wish I had done it years ago.

erica michelle
05-15-2006, 04:12 PM
I shave my leggs and armpits, my wife does not like me to shave my leggs in the suynner.

LucyTwitch
05-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi

Been shaving for years, all over. Have to snave every two to three days. Like the idear of useing Nads, tryed Veet once but did not do much, maybe I used it wrong.

Love
Lucy

luky charm
05-15-2006, 04:39 PM
i used to just shave in the winter too, but this year is diferent. i went out in shorts with shaved for the first time just a few weeks ago, no one noticed and even if they did, i realised that i didn't care. it's my body, my choice, and my freedom to groom, dress and relate as i see fit. i loved going over all your replies and i think i'll just go right on shaving! (legs, pits, and treasure trail, i'm not that hairy to start with)

how about five oclock shadow, i've heard you shouldn't wax your face, is there any truth to that? shaving doesn't last too long for me, :rolleyes:

charmed

Barb Valentine
05-15-2006, 04:48 PM
I use to until I started dating again
But I just love the way they felt after I used nair

Janelle Young
05-15-2006, 05:09 PM
I shave something just about every day. Chest, belly, legs, arm pits. The only places that have hair are my head and arms and I am thinking of shaving the arms soon. This past weekend (Mothers Day) I was with the family and one of my three sisters asked if I had shaved my legs. I said yes I did. She asked why did I do that. I told her "Oh I did it last year and it keeps me a lot cooler". All of my sisters and my mother said words to the effect of 'that makes sense', or 'yes I can see that'. Now I live in Florida and it is hot here so this may not work for some but it works for me. Anyone else other than my family I don't care what they think so I will continue to be hair free.

trannie T
05-15-2006, 05:34 PM
I have very little hair on my legs anyway, I think they look better shaved. I was sitting next to a GG friend a year ago, we were both wearing shorts, her legs weren't shaved but mine were.

rachellenicole
05-15-2006, 06:03 PM
I love shaving everywhere, I keep my chest shaved year round. I can't stand being hairy, but do have to keep the legs with some hair in the summer do to my job. I wear shorts in the summer months sometimes and work around men. During early fall to early summer I am slick as a whistle. Bring on the cool weather.

Rachelle

Rachael Warren
05-15-2006, 06:14 PM
From the neck down to my toes I epilate.:eek:

It isn't as bad as it sounds.

Stormgirl
05-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Only shave my legs in the fall and winter months

Satinpeta
05-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Well I do all the spots including the *&#* & *#*$# but its a bit hard to get the backside(LOL)

VERONICARH
05-15-2006, 06:39 PM
I shave my body very little, family genes very little hair on legs, arms, chest, and facial hair. Its great that I don't have to shave from the neck down to often. Veronica

kymmieLorain
05-15-2006, 06:48 PM
I have shaved everything from the waist down for about 2-3 years.Never had any problems with it.
I may try waxing to see if I can go more than 2-3 days without having to pull out the blade.

Kymmie

Kayla Smith
05-15-2006, 07:55 PM
I shave everything except my head ( could not live with out my blonde hair), my wife at first had a few issues with me being a smoothy but now has gotten used to it. I how ever don't have to shave my face as much due to having laser hair removal done.

Hugs

Anita Mae GG
05-15-2006, 08:24 PM
It could just be me I suppose, but I feel like the GG's have been quiet for a day or two now. Personally, I don't like that :p .

Quiet? Maybe, just trying not to upset anyone with our responses. We're still here.:)

Rikidee
05-15-2006, 08:51 PM
I shave everything but my arms and head. I have had my legs shaved for 4 or 5 years, I have found that the only people to be concerned about are the people that know you, and expect you to conform to their rules. When out of town I could care less and wear shorts all the time and have never had a comment except to say that my legs look good. I have let some friends occasionally see me in shorts and the reaction has not been too bad, and recently a member of the family saw and commented but not in a bad way. I do not have a significant other to be concerned about. Of course no one knows I shave for crossdressing.

JoannaDees
05-15-2006, 08:53 PM

I tried that Sandra. I guess I just didn't have the patience for all that work with the strips and whatnot. My hair is light and fine so shaving is quick and easy. Once a week, but I suppose twice would be better. But those weekend bubble baths make shaving so schweeeeeeeeet.

Jenn2716
05-15-2006, 08:54 PM
HI there,
Yes I shave my legs. Actually, although I'm not overly hairy, I shave everything but my head and forearms every couple of days. As for my back, I have gone to a salon to have it waxed a few times, but its more economical for my wife to shave it every now and then.

No one has ever mentioned my hairless chest or legs before, and I play sports and change in front of other people all the time. When a couple of guys at work were talking about maybe getting their back waxed I said I do and kinda mentioned that I shave my legs and chest too just cause I prefer it that way. Nobody batted an eyelash.

bebe nylons
05-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Yes; even use a Fem Razor. Lately, have been spraying on leg make-up.

ZoeGurl
05-15-2006, 10:14 PM
I shave from the neck down....three to four times a week....I love being smooth....I did cut my nipple once...and it hurt like....well imagine....And not even because I crossdress...I do it because I hate looking like chewbacca....eeerrrruuuuugh

I hear you Sierra! Only I look more like Cousin Louie! He he!

Zoe

Jesse69
05-15-2006, 10:48 PM
I just got a venus razor so I'm gonna give shaving a try. Will shave near my groin too to look good in a swimsuit.

sierracd6
05-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Zoe...it is tough to keep the smooth skin...and shaving is such a pain sometimes....good to see ya hun....huggs!!!!

miche_miche
05-15-2006, 11:03 PM
would love to shave. haven't. i live in a year-round warm climate, so there's no winter to cover up in. also, I live with an SO who doesn't know I CD.

i've thought about shaving my head - which is in style for men - as an excuse for shaving the rest of me. Don't know if that will fly or not. I actually wouldn't mind shaving my head as I need a wig anyway to be passable.

<sigh> why can't this be a little easier?

AmyCarter
05-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Been moving stuff around and have misplaced my emjoi epilator so today I got a new panasonic epilator. It also comes with a shaver attachment which i'm not sure if i'll use much at all. The head is smaller than the emjoi but it doesn't increase any time that's needed since my body is curved all over and the flat line of tweezers on the emjoi was only effective in a small area of the unit anyway. The best thing about the panasonic so far is that it's so much quieter. With the emjoi I could hear the unit over the bathroom fan, running water, and electric toothbrush all running at the same time. Sheeshkies. I've definitely noticed a reduction inthe number of hairs that grow back. I've been epilating everywhere except for the top of my head, and the bottom of my rear now for probably about 5 years; on average every other week I guess. The Braun epilator I tried some years ago and it wasn't much good at all.

Scotty
05-15-2006, 11:40 PM
OK This is going to be a really dumb question but what's an epilator?

I'm assuming it pulls hairs out somehow - is it like permanent? Or semi-permanent? (If it is I want one!)

I've been shaving my legs for ........wow, 7 years now...wouldn't have them any other way.......can't stand hairy legs on me, it's just comfortable to slip into the sheets with shaved legs, or slip into the water in summer swimming with shaved legs........

I just prefer it! :)

leftyblueeyes
05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
I shaved my legsfor the first time last night after asking my wife if she would mind. She said no. I was on it so fast. I have a few nasty cuts from going too fast, but other than that it is so perfect.

Oh, why did I wait so long?

I am looking forward to trying some Nair or something on my butt though. It was pretty tough going on that part though eventually it was all gone - and with no cuts. As for the rest of it, I really enjoyed the actual process of shaving, but I suppose that enjoyment may wear off with time.

Jenny Beth
05-16-2006, 08:59 AM
I used to shave my legs only in the winter months but I am now going on my third straight year of keeping completely shaved except for my arms. I can't imagine ever letting it grow back.

Jenni'sGirl GG
05-16-2006, 09:27 AM
My husband shaves most everything as you can read above (Jenni2716) and now I can not imagine him furry! He never was overly hairy to begin with but I have to say feeling his super silky legs against mine is just awesome. It is funny though...I resisted him shaving his legs so much and now I love it.

ZoeGurl
05-16-2006, 06:32 PM
would love to shave. haven't. i live in a year-round warm climate, so there's no winter to cover up in. also, I live with an SO who doesn't know I CD.

i've thought about shaving my head - which is in style for men - as an excuse for shaving the rest of me. Don't know if that will fly or not. I actually wouldn't mind shaving my head as I need a wig anyway to be passable.

<sigh> why can't this be a little easier?

I shave my head too. I've found that no one has even noticed the rest since the head shave changed my appearance so dramatically.

Zoe

Scotty
05-16-2006, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=leftyblueeyes]I am looking forward to trying some Nair or something on my butt though.[QUOTE]

I just got a jpeg image sent to me about a guy, a VERY VERY hairy guy that did this, and there is one photo and one heck of a laugh involved - I wish I could post it but it does look as if it's someone's blog. It was written to be funny, a blog......

If you email me I will send it to you or post it in a PM to you, it's hilarious!!

It worked though.

Scotty
05-16-2006, 07:45 PM
I am looking forward to trying some Nair or something on my butt though.

I just got a jpeg image sent to me about a guy, a VERY VERY hairy guy that did this, and there is one photo and one heck of a laugh involved - the article is ON the photograph.

I wish I could post it but it does look as if it's someone's blog. It was written to be funny, a blog......

If you email me I will send it to you or post it in a PM to you, it's hilarious!!

It worked though.

perfume
05-17-2006, 06:12 PM
hello, I used to shave my legs only in the winter,but now i dress almost every day i shave my legs two to three times a week. depending how they feel when i run my stockings over them , if the snag, i shave them. my underarms , all the time everytime. i shower or bath, ijust run a razor over them for a secure feeling. Same with my legs. it only takes a few more minutes to do a quick run over everypart of your body. think about it.perfume

Elizabeth Anne
05-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I use an electric razor & I found out the hard way don't get too close in the groin area. It is not a pretty sight & it hurts like h--l afterwards. I use a regular Mach-3 razor for that area. Also don't use an electric razor to shave under your arms!!!

Cherry Lynn
05-17-2006, 09:00 PM
I use an electric razor & I found out the hard way don't get too close in the groin area. It is not a pretty sight & it hurts like h--l afterwards. I use a regular Mach-3 razor for that area. Also don't use an electric razor to shave under your arms!!!
I can agree with that. Shaved mine tonight so my legs will be smooth for my wife later.

pinkshelly
05-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I shave every thing from the head down. It's alot of work for me. I can be quite hairy. I do it in a rotation. Leg, chest and stomach, arms and pits. I where shorts alot in guy mode. It's funny to watch people as they notice.

Clare
05-18-2006, 03:39 AM
any funny/horror stories about shaved legs?Waxing rather than shaving in my case.

I was going to a waxing salon every month to have my legs done and this one time a new (youngish) girl who had started at the salon was to do my legs. She was so nervous about doing a guy, especially as I had to strip to my undies! I had to give her encouragement the whole time and when she reached my upper thighs, she didn't know how close to get to my umm, you know what between my legs.

Anyway, after it was all over, I said she did a better job than the other girls in the salon. As I was leaving, I said I'd ask for her next time I booked an appointment - you shoulda seen the look on her face!

Andrea CD
05-19-2006, 04:39 AM
I do a full body shave as well. its really difficult to shave my armpits because they are curved so i have to swivel the razor up, down, left, right and centre!

Eugenie
05-19-2006, 05:10 AM
Thanks a lot Sandra,

That's very useful information. I shave my legs about twice a week and my chest a little more often... As a result my hair has become stronger :mad:

I've also been using VEET cream but even though it gives le a smoother skin, it has that same effect of strengthening my hair :o

I will look for that "Nads" product.

Thanks again. :hugs:

Eugenie

Cherry Lynn
05-19-2006, 06:28 AM
I use Nair and apply Aveeno lotion afterwards and every day. As a result it seems my hair is softer and does not grow back as quickly.

KarenNY
05-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Again, shaving my legs is something I used to do on a regular basis, from my teens into my 20s, and also my armpits and chest as needed. I might let the leg and chest hair fuzz back over during the summer, but there were a couple of summers I spent mostly en femme, so I just kept smoothly shaven. I tried to avoid changing for gym class whenever I could -- I despised gym class, and usually I wore sweats. I never had a problem shaving my legs, etc., as my mother (who was accepting of my CDing) was kind enough to show me.

Ambercd12
05-19-2006, 06:50 PM
i don't like shaving my legs but i do love to get them waxed as it stay's smooth alot longer then shaving.

Dee 1062
05-19-2006, 10:39 PM
I shave my leggs and my butt, under the arms and even my hands and sometimes my arms...I do perfer waxing my leggs

Deidra Cowen
05-20-2006, 07:44 AM
I shave everything!!! :eek:

Tina Dixon
05-20-2006, 08:23 AM
I do shave up to my knee's, the skirts and dresses you see me in are all knee length, as far as my wife saying any thing don't even think she noticed, haft the hair is gone from my socks and I have a problem in the winter with dry skin on that part of my legs so no hair with lotion as really help the itch and scratching.

Betty H
05-20-2006, 04:13 PM
I shave my legs almost everytime I shower , give them a quick once over,same with chest.Love smooth skin.The only place I like any hair is on my head where it belongs.

jillinla
05-20-2006, 04:18 PM
everything but the top of my head - everyday

ava_bruna
05-20-2006, 05:18 PM
OMG !!! you are so beautiful, sooooo sexy I wish I could be 1/2 as nice looking dressed.will be looking for more of you :) Huggie's, Ava

ava_bruna
05-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Kinna, I remove all !!!! of my hair cept for a little patch, hehe, I started off shaving but lost to much blood :( so for the last 5 or so yr's ive been useing NAIR, I want to try something different like waxing, but didnt know what to do, thank's to all the info posted here Im going to go out tomorrow and get some Nab's, sound's like the way to go. I sometime's would get a rash from the Nair I guess or maybe it was a burn, but Im getting tired of the mess and having to be carefull, ouch!!!
I have been hairless about 5 or so yr's now and I use to feel uneasy about other's seeing my bare arm's in the Summer but im learning more and more, that "THIS IS PART OF MY WORLD TOO", heck with what they think, if my kid's say anything im ready with, " My arm's ich from the hair's curling and now that im shaving it's ok, anyway's, my thank's to all who posted such helpfull info, see you at the Nad counter. Huggie's, Ava