PDA

View Full Version : The Big Talk, and a ?

HawksHoney
05-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I finally got a chance to spend some time with SO and talk on Sunday night. :D

It's not a panty fetish, he does crossdress - although he made a big point of saying that it was purely sexual, and would never go out in public dressed. Methinks the boy protests too much about the purely sexual thing, but whatever.

He was suprised that I was a bit thrown by the whole thing. I guess he thinks I'm some sexual grand master because I've got a little master/slave, bondage thing going on in my head most days. :o

It's funny - all the burning questions that were driving me out of my mind kind of diminished in urgency when I had him sitting across from me at the kitchen table. I really don't care what he wears as long as I get some quality face time with those beautiful blues of his. :lovestruck:

I made that very clear to him I hope. I told him again how much it meant to me that he trusted me, and how that alone gave me a thrill.

There were a few things that I didn't discuss with him, some because I forgot - I should have made a list! and some because I wasn't sure he'd want to talk about them.

Thank you all so much for the advice and encouragement last week. I owe you big.

I did buy him a little panty present... actually 2 because I couldn't decide. I told him he had to wear them for me when we go out of town next month. I think he liked that.

Now that I said thanks, I get to ask something else right?

The whole girls name thing - it seems as if everyone here has a name for themselves that matches their clothes. How does that happen.... Is it a name you always wanted - like when I was little and played house I always had the same name, and that's what I ended up naming my daughter. Is it something you use when dressed and out in public? Do all xdressers have a femme name for themselves? Would it be rude of me or anything if I asked Hawk if he had a name?

Hawks Honey

Sandra
05-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi

My hubby Nigella,just extended her male name and its has nothing to do with the clothes she wears. :) As for asking if he has a fem name why not, if not it could be fun you both thinking of one together.

InHerShoes
05-16-2006, 11:52 AM
I don't go by a fem name - but I do seem to be in the minority if this board is a guage of the general CD population.

Sharon_Rose
05-16-2006, 12:01 PM
I chose my name based upon the name that my mother would have given me had I been born a girl. The doctors told my mother and father that I would be a girl. Whoa! Big surprise...I was a boy, at least genetically. My mother found out a couple of years before she died that I cross dressed. She blamed my father. I didn't have the opportunity to let her know that she did have a daughter at heart. I did, however, come out to my sister. She likes me better as Sharon.

Billijo49504
05-16-2006, 12:16 PM
It's what my mother would have named me, if I had been born a girl...Billi Jo

Jillian310
05-16-2006, 12:23 PM
I took my name from two sources. One, there is an alliteration with my masc name that I like, and two, it somes from a favorite character in the movie Hope And Glory. Both come out as Jill and Jillian. (I did not use the shortened version, Jilly.)

Tracy_Victoria
05-16-2006, 01:06 PM
The whole girls name thing - it seems as if everyone here has a name for themselves that matches their clothes. How does that happen.... Is it a name you always wanted - like when I was little and played house I always had the same name, and that's what I ended up naming my daughter. Is it something you use when dressed and out in public? Do all xdressers have a femme name for themselves? Would it be rude of me or anything if I asked Hawk if he had a name?

Hawks Honey

I've had as Many different names as I have had guise, and I have a few of them believe me. basically I've been a helen, a carol, and probably a few others but I like Tracy, so I'm sticking with it, it just a matter of choice.

Deborah
05-16-2006, 01:16 PM
The whole girls name thing - it seems as if everyone here has a name for themselves that matches their clothes.
For most people here yes. Some come in with their real name, but change it later.

How does that happen....
Deborah is what my mother would have called me had i been a girl. I asked her what she would have named me that's how i know.

Is it a name you always wanted -
Yes and i wish i had the body (permanently) to match it. ;)

like when I was little and played house I always had the same name, and that's what I ended up naming my daughter. Is it something you use when dressed and out in public?
If and when i finally do go out full time then yes i'll use it.

Do all xdressers have a femme name for themselves?
except for the FtMs :D ...some come in here with boy names, but soon give in to peer pressure i suppose and change it.

Would it be rude of me or anything if I asked Hawk if he had a name?
You could mention that you found this site and we all had female names. Then ask if he has one picked out for him/herself. If not maybe you can help him/her pick one. :D

Casey Morgan
05-16-2006, 01:47 PM
You can ask all the questions you want if for no other reason than you're a member here. The only requirement for starting a thread is that you have something to say or you want to ask a question. And even that requirement is negotiable.

By all means, write down a list of questions you want to ask Hawk if it will help. And as far as any questions you want to ask that he might not want to answer, if you accept that he might not answer and are OK if he doesn't then go ahead and ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

And that includes asking if he has a femme name. Who knows, there could be a story there.

Katiegirl
05-16-2006, 01:58 PM
An interesting post, I bet your SO is still getting over the shock.

It may seem very silly to most GG's but having a fem name helps me identify which "roll" I am playing as I led an active life in both modes.

:)

HawksHoney
05-16-2006, 05:51 PM
You folks are just too cool.

Getting over the shock? What - that I didn't run screaming into the night? Nah, I dig this guy big time. Fabric is fabric, however it's sewn together. If I dump Hawk it will be because he sometimes thinks it's ok to go days without calling, not because of his panties. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, good - I'll mention the site, and the girl name thing, and see what he has to say... And if he doesn't spill - he might not have one cause some folks don't.

OK, I'm off to start creating my list..... poor thing won't know where to begin. :lol2:

Hawks Honey

Phoebe Reece
05-16-2006, 05:59 PM
The "girls name thing" mostly has to do with two things:

One reason is that it is an expression of the feminine side of the individual. This is important so that in communications with others one gets addressed in the feminine. It takes away some of the confusion of how someone who is crossdressed should be addressed (he/she, etc.). It is a way of announcing to the world that you prefer (at least some of the time) to be recognized as feminine.

The other reason is for security. A femme name is an alias. It helps prevent the wrong people from discovering your true identity - which can sometimes be detrimental to employement or other personal situations.

The selection of a name can be either very arbitrary - like picking names that sound nice, or it can be very personal - like selecting the name of a former girlfriend. Often CD's will pick one name without much thought and then change it some years later to something that has more personal meaning. Everyone's story on this is a little different and there have been several threads on this forum in the past where folks explained why they selected a particular name.

Faye Emmette
05-16-2006, 06:18 PM
HH,
There was a post earlier this yeaer askng the same Q, How'd we choose/get out name.
Mine is because I liked Emma Peel. (The Avengers). Her name was chosen because they wanted M. Appeal, "Man Appeal" in the show.
I am sometimes very effeninate, hence, F. Emmette and I think Faye is Celtic or something for 'Fair".

gennee
05-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Gennee (pronounced J-e-n-n-y) is shortened for 'Genevieve', a name I love.

Gennee

Nameless For Now
05-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I don't have, or especially intend to take a 'fem name', but then I am 'occasional / partial / interested'.

I belive a supportive female partner helps in many ways, and perhaps for many, interacting with female partners / chosen female friends in a feminised persona is part of the 'reason'...

No?...

For myself at least..

It is important that he feels so safe and open with you...

P.S. with regards to what my Mother may have called me had I been born female...You don't want to know...

My GG sister has erased her middle names, and has a very plain first name.

LucyTwitch
05-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi

I got my name from a fictional charactor I was writing a story about a few years back.

Lucy Twitch had an itch
to see a witch
in a ditch
to turn her into a witch

Love
Lucy

Tanya
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
I chose my name one night whilst chatting with a sister down in the big smoke ( toronto ) . We discussed many things of why we do what we do and she asked me what my name was ...... i asked my real name and sshe had said no you need a femme name . I looked aorund and saw Tanya Tucker on the television. Now I've known many Tanya's in my life time and found it to be a very sexy name and it has since stuck with me .

Tanya
05-16-2006, 07:13 PM
atta girl ! Stand by your man uh girl ! Stand by your SO!
wish mine was that understanding !

Veronica E. Scott
05-16-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't know but I got my name fron two people, 1. I was working on a house in welsley ma and the lady of the house her name was Veronica she was from South Africa brunet hair and a drop dead georgus body,love the name and the way she talked, 2. My best friend growing up his mothers name was Elizabeth Scott and everyone called her Scotty my friend Died at an early age 22 and his mother has since passed away so in tribute to both of them I have chosen the name Veronica E. Scott.

Amanduhrob
05-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Mine is more tongue in cheek. The one and only time I've gone out in public fully dressed was to a Halloween party, with my ex dressed as my pimp.

I had a drunken guest staring at me all night, and he finally worked up the nerve to ask me out. I replied...I'm a MAN...Duh!

He turned green, went to the toilet, and everyone had a big laugh.

jennifer easton
05-16-2006, 09:24 PM
We are cool! naw, you'er the one thats cool!, and hawk is the lucky one! to have a GF like you would be to cool!! but wait come to think of it I do, I do have a GF like you, we are so lucky!xoxoxox Jennifer

ZoeGurl
05-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Zoe is a name I've been fascinated with since the first time I heard it. I always thought if I ever had a daughter I'd name her Zoe. When I came out of my denial I realized I really wanted the name for myself. Hehe!

Zoe

JiveTurkeyOnRye
05-16-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't really think of myself as "Alyssa," It's just an internet user name for me. My boy name is my name no matter what I'm wearing. But I'm in the minority, like In Her Shoes.

Khriss
05-18-2006, 06:29 PM
..a freind advised me to try a fem/gender neutral name...that in public was close enough to my own to help awkward social encounters if recognized..while dressed...which has :eek: never come close to happening yet..and "Khriss" kinda grew on me !?....:D xx"K"
"a rose by any other name-"