PDA

View Full Version : Just Driving alone.......

Toni Shelton
05-16-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't know if this goes here, But Here It is. I think I saw a crossdresser driving down Broadway, in Knoxville today. Adams apple, Hand the size of mine and 5 oclock shade, the things I have a look for. I wanted to give a Big Wave and let her know I was thanking her for being so bold. All the intolerant drivers out there were making fun and honking. Made me want to cry:( . She was driving down the street not doing anything to anyone. 2 young men in a little Toyota Corolla were riding beside her laughing and pointing. I was driving my 4x4 Dodge RAM (A Macho Ride, I know) and almost lost it and wanted "RAM" (pardon the pun) them. It Just pi$$es me off, the way some people act. I am so up-set:Angry3: . I wanted to help her and make sure she got home safe. Anyone else saw anything like this? I would love to hear you if you have.
Here's to the Girl on Broadway today:love: Good Job...

Tracy_Victoria
05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
sadly people are cruel at times, certainly if they actually scared of what they see it a kind of defence mechinism I suppose.

However you have to look at the flip side of the coin, and the fact that this person put themselves in this situation, who know it might have even been for a bet. but either way, if you crossdress and go out, you must be willing to accept any short full in your arsenal, and if you don't look your best, people are going to do this.

Luckly woman do come in all shapes and sizes, not just 5'2" and size 12. therefore it is posable to dress, and pass out with some masculine lines, ie being tall, or with big hands, but the rest of you has to look 100% the part!

It is very easy to make a mistake, it's also very easy to get over confident, but if you just don't look right, sadly people will do this, dispite it belittling some one. it's a real shame we can't just live and let live in this world. but it will never change!

TGMarla
05-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Some people just aren't happy unless they are pointing at someone who they think is worse than themselves. They do not stop to think, "There but for the grace of God, go I." They are small minded and hurtful to others. Leave well enough alone, and your life will improve. But some just don't get it.

Tina Dixon
05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
And they wonder why we stay in the closet? I have taken a couple of rides and luckly I passed while in the car, but some arn't so lucky, human nature just will never change I guess.

kwebb
05-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Sure. Give me a strategy for shaking off that kind of ridicule & humiliation and yeah, I'll get out more.

How does one still feel good about themselves after being fed that crap?

Or the poster here who told of the UK ladies that jumped on his car that morning.

I would be traumatized for life. Yet, some just shake it off and keep going. How?

carol ann
05-16-2006, 03:27 PM
I must admit I probably wouldn't put myself in that position and if i did i would at least try to make myself as passable as i could.

Having said that it is about conviction - and if the person really felt that he wanted to show himself as a female then who are we (that is the rest of the human race) to deny him that right as long as he is not causing harm to himself or others

Nameless For Now
05-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Locally to where I live there is a CD / TV bus driver, I've seen people standing at bus-stops shouting abuse and pointing laughing at her when she stops to let fares on.

There's a brave girl.

Personally, when walking home from a New Years Eve party at 10am in the morning, dressed quite punkishly (male), I had a boy racer car race upto me, skid round me, and all the passengers shout homophobic abuse, I stood there and gave them my hardest stare...

which is quite hard...

:love:

Kate Simmons
05-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Het Cindy, At least she had the stones to go out like that. Probably more than some would do. Ericka

Bernice
05-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Interesting observation: All of us readily condemn the harsh cruelty of ingorant people. Nobody so far has empathized with Cindy Shelton's desire to help this person get home safely.

I'm not suggesting we go out on CD safety patrol, spoiling for a fight with bigots. I am suggesting that apparently not many of us would dare to come to the aid of another CDr. Am I so unusual in thinking that we have a civic duty to defend "our own kind" when violence seems likely? Even a mere cell call to the police might have been enough to diffuse the situation Cindy described. How hard is that?

eleventhdr
05-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Adn to many times even when in male mode!.

Because there are all kinds of nuts out there who just deligh making life miserable for most everone else just because these kinds of people are so miserable themselves they just want to inflict pian on others it gives them some kind of sick pleasure to do so

I have had jobs where this has happened driving jobs where i ran into some very weird people.

To bad this is not the old west you could just shoot them and end there misery.

Oh well

Jay Suzy!:.

Andrea Elva
05-17-2006, 01:35 AM
:love: Ag sis tog....It is a reak shame that we have those type of people that like teasing and ridiculing others just because they are diffrent. If we all were the same this would be a boring world. I just love looking at the "strange " people and admire their style. Here where I live in South Africa and in my town ther are very little places to go to in girl mode but some gurls here do go out and well they do get read but no one seems to mind. I am still closerted but have been to one of the gurls house all dressed and had a lovely afternoon just chatting. There is a time of year that one can go and mingle and well get away with it and that is during the Arts Festival. Every one is just too busy taking in the sights and one can slip by without coment if dressed like a festival visitor . Well for me, I know too many stall holders and that puts me out of the walk around, the thought is very tempting and may be just one day I will mingle in girl mode.

:happy: