PDA

View Full Version : Is your SO act more like a guy???

bredalee25
05-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Hi all does your SO act more like a guy? mine does she throws 50lb bags of raw pvc resin on a conveyer belt at work and does alot of things the way a guy would. She never wants to talk about our problems. She makes a big deal out of being stronger than most guys we know she's always flexing her muscles. I must of said to myself she should of been a guy a thousand times since we met. I've also said if we could switch sexes we'd be a great couple her being the male and me being the female. Do any of you experience this kind of behavier in your SO's? if so tell us about it ttfn

Nameless For Now
05-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Although I do not consider my to be a realised CD...

Mine is very female, sensitive, caring, perhaps with charming occasional (and sexy) cold / ice maiden tendencies, and also likes to wear likes heels and lingerie, and looks stunning in them.

She also had bi-sexual tendencies, and when I'm dressed calls me 'her special girl'.

I know I'm very lucky to have her, CD or otherwise...

Anita Mae GG
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Hope it is ok to put my 2 cents in here.

I do alot of things guys do, but I do not flex my muscles etc.

I mow the lawn, I fix things around the house, built shelves, paint, caulking, help my hubby install a fence (digging post holes nad cementing and all) spread the fertilizer and grass seed, patched walls, concrete floors, off loaded and spread mulch and loam, installed electrical outlets and fixtures....not "normal" girl stuff. But I consider myself an independent woman not a tomboy. I try do what I can on my own, if I need help I ask Danielle or we do it together. I do as much as I can to relieve danielle of having to come home from work and do it (I am a stay at home Mom). The less she has to do on her days off the better. She deserves to relax! Pluis less work on the weekends gives us more time with the kids and each other :)

Karren H
05-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Nope, mine is femish but she's a hard worker.....paints the house and did shingle the roof in West Virginia with her Grandmother while her Grandfather and I put on the siding!!

Love Karren

Veronica E. Scott
05-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Nope, mine is femish but she's a hard worker.....paints the house and did shingle the roof in West Virginia with her Grandmother while her Grandfather and I put on the siding!!

Love Karren

I can see you with your hair all done up and your nails just so with your best girlie pants , heels and what not on putting on siding.Hehehehe.

Kate Simmons
05-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey, a girl/guy's gotta do what a girl/guy's gotta do! Any Questions? EKR

Ms. Donna
05-17-2006, 06:22 AM
Hi Brenda,

You yanked your reply but I'd like to respond to you anyway.

I'm not offended at all. I appreciate the spirit in which this was posted, but it does speak to and illustrate a bigger issue.

:sb:

This is about stereotyping: equating specific traits / activities as 'masculine' and declaring that the person performing these as acting 'like a guy'. FWIW, based on her post, Tammy Marie probably is more of a 'guy' than most of us here - no offence intended Tammy. :)

Part of the reason that we (TG, gender variant - choose your label) will not make any progress in society is because of these very stereotyped views. We are constantly whinging about the 'right' to do and to 'be' that which we feel is natural - and yet we continue to fortify the very walls which keep us confined.

And isn't that the opposite of what we want? Isn't the goal to break down and break free of the rigid stereotypes to which 'men' (and 'women') are supposed to adhear?

As long as we - as society - continue to reinforce these stereotypes, there is no hope that we will ever break out of them.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

FionaAlexis
05-17-2006, 06:36 AM
Absolutely not. She is the quintessential feminine, female. The only remotely masculine thing she has done is make a fish pond. She is often teased by her colleagues at work for dressing up too much for work. If she thinks I'm usurping her mother/wife/homemaker role - she quickly puts me back in my place.

Fiona xx

mellisa's wife
05-17-2006, 06:59 AM
Hey Brenda, I have a question.

What exactly is "acting like a guy" or "acting like a woman"? Seems to me that there isn't really a line between black and white here. To me, it's all grey area these days.

Sometimes a gg just "does" what it takes to get thru life, AND maybe make it a little easier for the man in her life. I also think it's great that my hubby and I can work side by side on construction projects, hours of outside yardwork ( chainsaws included) as well as cooking, and of course shopping!

Just seems like having roles somewhat blended works the best.... at least it does for us!

:hugs:

flatlander_48
05-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Hi all does your SO act more like a guy? mine does she throws 50lb bags of raw pvc resin on a conveyer belt at work and does alot of things the way a guy would. She never wants to talk about our problems. She makes a big deal out of being stronger than most guys we know she's always flexing her muscles. I must of said to myself she should of been a guy a thousand times since we met. I've also said if we could switch sexes we'd be a great couple her being the male and me being the female. Do any of you experience this kind of behavier in your SO's? if so tell us about it ttfn

My wife and I have been married almost a year after knowing each other about 10 years and being intimate for 3. We are both in our late 50's and it is a second marriage for both of us. While she would think nothing of getting the ladder out and climbing up on the roof, complete with tool belt, she also cooks, sews and knits. She talked her father out of a couple of double breasted suits and she loves to wear them. Her lingerie drawer has only sports bras and regular looking panties, with NO kind of stockings of any type. Mine has about twice the volume and has a corset, girdles, bras, thongs, stockings and pantyhose. She doesn't really act like a guy, but she does like doing things that guys do. I think that's the best way to characterize her.

Jerry
05-17-2006, 09:55 AM
My wife is perfect. Sweet. Kind. Friendly. A wonderful stay at home mom. You can't know her and not like her. She's my best friend. Those that do not, have a serioius problem. She's not a magazine cover twig. Thank goodness she's close (enough) to my size. 14/16. (Not the reason we got together though.)

The handyman stuff is mine. But when I hurt my back, she was right there spreading the mulch!

Hog hugs. Jerry

Anita Mae GG
05-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey Brenda, I have a question.

What exactly is "acting like a guy" or "acting like a woman"? Seems to me that there isn't really a line between black and white here. To me, it's all grey area these days.

Sometimes a gg just "does" what it takes to get thru life, AND maybe make it a little easier for the man in her life. I also think it's great that my hubby and I can work side by side on construction projects, hours of outside yardwork ( chainsaws included) as well as cooking, and of course shopping!

Just seems like having roles somewhat blended works the best.... at least it does for us!

:hugs:

Same here...chainsaw included LOL.......we do all stuff together, not cooking is womens work and mowing is mans work. If something needs to be done, whoever is not busy does it.....simple.

rachellenicole
05-17-2006, 10:50 AM
No, My wife is very feminine.. a girly girl

Rachelle

DonnaT
05-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Not only can my wife do "guy" stuff, like helping with various tasks, like, building the deck, installing wood flooring, sheet rocking, driving nails, mowing the lawn, painting, etc., she enjoys learning how to do these things and enjoys accomplishing such tasks.

Additionally, she quilts, sews, does cross stitch, makes bead jewlery, makes baskets, and I'm probably forgetting something.

But, no, she doesn't act like a guy in the manner you indicate your wife apparently does.

Sandra
05-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Well this SO doesn't act like a guy ;). Yep I go out and help in the garden even been known to swing a sledge hammer, released a lot of tension that did :) do the painting, helped do the decking even been let loose with the power tools. We work together on things and that also includes the cooking and cleaning.

Jenni'sGirl GG
05-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi there,

In our home, I dont think that we look at things as male or female work. It is all things that have to be done so we can spend more time together doing things that we like to do.

I know I have hobbies that might seem a little odd...I play tackle football and ice hockey but I am fully supported by my Sweetie.

You that is what it is all about - supporting each other. :)

Take care all.

suzanne claire
05-17-2006, 05:49 PM
My wife is attractive ,a stylish dresser and very much a female.:hugs:

ginafaye
05-18-2006, 02:44 PM
she enjoys watching sports more than i do .........the bears ...the cubs...the bulls

HaleyPink2000
05-18-2006, 03:16 PM
My wife can be either. But working and born here on the Farm in Illinois She can drive a tractor, combine etc. She's done everything a Man would do on a farm and still brings out lunch and dinner in the field when it's time to eat. She's an all in one kinda Woman my Wife. Gawd bless her soul. Been together almost 26 years. Oh, and still inlove!

Thanks for the opportunity to brag.:D

Julie Avery
05-18-2006, 03:28 PM
My s.o. CherGG takes pride in being seen by many as a tomboy. I think the pride has to do with her seeing that men notice how many things that are traditionally performed by males she is competent to perform, and how many typically male pursuits, like competetive sports, she enjoys.

That is not a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week thing, though. There are often times she wants to dress, be seen, and treated, as feminine to the core. It's a fascinating mix.