PDA

View Full Version : breast form life span

Dena
05-16-2006, 07:57 PM
How long do these things usually last? I have one that seems to have
"opened up". Anyone have this happen? Is there some way to repair it?
I haven't looked too close, it seems that the "covering" has opened up,
and whats insiside is oozing out.

jillinla
05-16-2006, 08:03 PM
keep them off

buy 3M Tegaderm Transparent Dressing

It will work for repairs

Kate Simmons
05-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Don't know Hon. I have 5 sets I've had for about 5 years. No leakers yet. I usually rotate their use , so one set doesn't get all the "action". Then again, I haven't been in a M T F CD "catfight' or anything yet. Real girls pull each others' hair, bite and scratch and stuff. Anybody's guess what we would do to each other. I figure with care, they should last at least 5 years though. Ericka

Summer
05-16-2006, 11:50 PM
If you are using amoena with the adhesive and wear them every day, you can expect 2 years max. If you are using the single cover about two years with very special care. The double covering form are a much better form and will last with care for many years I have a set that I have had for 7 years now.
I am due for a new set of Amoena's, my choice for the real look and they stay in place.
The tape as suggested will work for temp repairs. but will soon split and you don't want that to happen if you are out and about. What a mess.
Summer

ddd
05-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Which ones are the double covering?

Katie Watson
05-17-2006, 07:52 AM
I've had mine since I was 18 yrs. Now 30yr, Still going strong. One has a small hole but managed to repair it with Super glue!. Just don't sleep in them. Buy some foam ones if you want to sleep in them

ashlee chiffon
05-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Katie is right...only the better forms can be slept in, the cheaper ones have thin linings and sealings...when you sleep on them you put too much pressure on the weak spots and can cause breakage...i have several pair and Only the 30.00 ones have compacted and broken *i like sleeping in them, also!* My Pals and triangle forms never have had a problem...
good luck..and remember...if it does break, its a STickY mess, so be careful...you could ruin some clothes!

Elizabeth Anne
05-17-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't tape mine on & I always have the covers that came with them on my forms. I lost the first set I had due to not having the covers on them & my nail punched a hole in one. I did repair it with scotch tape till I was able to buy a new set.
The covers do help with sweating in hot weather also.