PDA

View Full Version : Dark Days & No Flash = Frustration.

Leo
11-15-2004, 10:53 AM
I was certainly up for some dressing and photography today. But, as the timer counted down from 10 seconds, the only sound the camera made was a dull 'bloop' noise, meaning not enough natural light. But it's only 2 o'clock in the afternoon! That'll teach me for not paying enough to get a camera with flash. That's all about to change however, as I'm throwing huge amounts of cash into a new digital camera for christmas. So dull days come as you please, you ain't gonna stop me having my fun no more! Anyone else having similar problems? Are you pleased with your equipment? Cough Cough - camera equipment.

Wendy me
11-15-2004, 10:57 AM
a clip on spot light works ok to add light.. their cheep to

JennyCD
11-15-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm planning on buying a new camera soon myself.

genevieve_ohara
11-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Both Christine55 and I use the Nikon D70.

Love it, love it, love it.

Love you too!

G

Julie
11-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Leo you old skinflint. :D

That'll teach you for skimping in the first place. As wendy says you can use additional lighting for now to resolve your problem. Good luck though when you buy your new camera.

JJ

rusty 2004
11-15-2004, 11:17 AM
hi leo,
in low light or with a window behind you, you have to 'trick 'the camera by pointing it at a dark area of the room at the same distance from the camera as you want to be; then, press the shutter ( on timer ) and the camera will expose for the dark area, quickly re compose your frame and get in the shot !!! it takes a bit of practice but you can get really good results in low or difficult light.
i have attached a shot i took yesterday at about 3.30 pm. I pointed the camera at the wall to my right where there was no light ! bingo !!

Wendy me
11-15-2004, 11:17 AM
right now i have an olympus d-395 its ok thinking of a sony cyber-shot dsc-p100
still new to this

babe4life
11-15-2004, 12:28 PM
I use a Pentax Optio 430RS which has 4M with a 3x optical zoom. It is a lovely little camera to use - small and lightweight. It does the job really nicely I think. The only thing I still want to get is the remote control unit for it. Now that would be nice. No hitting the timer and running for the position. I would like to take my time, compose myself and snap off a few shots at once. :) And if I force the flash, it compensates beautifully for the silly lighting conditions. But then, during the day, it is seldom dark here. They don't call it Sunny South Africa for nothing!

LOL

Love,
Vicky

Leo
11-15-2004, 01:14 PM
You ladies are looking more and more delicious with each day that passes!

Leo you old skinflint. :D

That'll teach you for skimping in the first place. As wendy says you can use additional lighting for now to resolve your problem. Good luck though when you buy your new camera.
JJ
Julie, I like to call it 'my experimental phase', rather than being a skin flint. A skinny flint perhaps :)

hi leo,
You have to 'trick 'the camera by pointing it at a dark area of the room at the same distance from the camera as you want to be; then, press the shutter ( on timer ) and the camera will expose for the dark area, quickly re compose your frame and get in the shot !!!
Rusty, this camera doesn't do tricks. Believe me. Its most advanced feature is the little strappy carry handle attatched to the side. Maybe that's what made me buy it :)

Julie
11-15-2004, 01:19 PM
You ladies are looking more and more delicious with each day that passes!
Julie, I like to call it 'my experimental phase', rather than being a skin flint. A skinny flint perhaps :)

Leo, there's no one skinnier than I. :D

JJ

Sharon
11-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Sadly, I'm not qualified to comment on this topic(yet, I do it anyway?). My camera was a free-be when I bought my last laptop.

Vallari
11-15-2004, 01:35 PM
I have a digital cam too! Im not sure of the model of it, but it works pretty good though. Lighting used to b a problem until I figured out how 2 turn flash on and off! :p But now its all good! :)

DanaJ
11-15-2004, 05:58 PM
I use the Sony DSC-W1 (5.1 MP), and it has a nice infrared focusing system that works well in low/no light situations. Here is 1/1 scale close up of a normal portrait photo of one of my makeovers...

DanaJ

JennyCD
11-15-2004, 06:07 PM
I have a sketch pad and digital crayons. Does that count?

Amelie
11-15-2004, 06:14 PM
I have problems with my camera. I don't have one. I have to beg with my friends for use of theirs. They can be so cheap. Well,,,,,I guess I can always get one of my own, but,,wow, digi-cameras cost a lot!!!

One Day
Amelie

Tonia
11-15-2004, 06:56 PM
I need a digital camera The Photos Look alot better.
Tonia:)

Tonia
11-15-2004, 07:00 PM
I need a digital camera The Photos Look alot better.
This one also is regular Film not digital.