PDA

View Full Version : Hose and Open Toed Shoes

jamiesnj
05-03-2006, 07:12 AM
how many girls wear wear hose with open toed shoes and what color

TGMarla
05-03-2006, 07:21 AM
I do. All the time! I wear Suntan pantyhose with sheer toes, and open-toes shoes. I love it!

GypsyKaren
05-03-2006, 07:27 AM
I do it all the time with any color, and I haven't been arrested by the fashion police yet.

Karen

Cherry Lynn
05-03-2006, 07:45 AM
I do too. I see a lot of GG's doing it.

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Suntan or black with black shoes. Nice! Ericka

jenny sissey
05-03-2006, 08:31 AM
what are gg,i'm new to all this thanks

steffie39
05-03-2006, 12:10 PM
I wear all the time with open toe sandals. I wear nude, beige or coffee (tan). I may even try off-black.

Steffie

Sabrina Flowers
05-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I wear tights with open toe sandals and shoes, normally black opaques ones.
Some people say its not correct, but I think it looks O.K.

Julie York
05-03-2006, 12:37 PM

Hi jenny. Welcome to the forum. A GG is a Genetic Girl.

allisonrn06
05-03-2006, 02:16 PM
I wear hose with open toed shoes,although I have heard from gg's that this is a fashion no-no.I think if you're going to do this,you have to have sandalfoot hose,and that they should be a natural skin tone color such as tan,beige or nude,although I do have one pair of open toe sandals that I think look good with off white,and another that look good with black.

Carlacd
05-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Stockings and heels go together wether it open or closed toed. And yes i do wear some of my FF's & RHT's with open toed heels.

Maria-Christina
05-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Don't worry Jenny it took me a while to work this out.

Maria

Sherrie
05-03-2006, 04:22 PM
I wear suntan thigh highs with my open toed shoes all the time. :happy:

Maria-Christina
05-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Stockings and heels go together wether it open or closed toed. And yes i do wear some of my FF's & RHT's with open toed heels.
FF and RHT?? All these abreviations it's nearly as bad as the British Civil Service.

Maria

Tina Dixon
05-03-2006, 06:09 PM
I do.

DawnRodgers
05-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Definitely. Suntan or nude. How best to show off your shiny, red toenails.
Dawn

cosmolovesph
05-03-2006, 06:51 PM
FF and RHT?? All these abreviations it's nearly as bad as the British Civil Service.

Maria

FF = Full Fashion
RHT = Reinforced Heel & Toe

I do. All the time! I wear Suntan pantyhose with sheer toes, and open-toes shoes. I love it!

I love the look too (and on me as well :D )

Jodi
05-03-2006, 08:19 PM
In the summer, with sandals, it is bare legs with shorts or pants. With a skirt or dress, it is a sheer, natural shade of toeless hose with sandals. I keep a nice pedicure on my toes, and definitely want to show it off. I do wear sheer, natural hose with peeptoe pumps. I go out regularly with some gg friends. These girls are quite classy. I have been told by them that they would not be seen with me if I showed up with hose with sandals. I defer to the gg's opinions.

Jodi

Karren H
05-03-2006, 09:02 PM

I don't own any open toed shoes!!! Sob Sob!! Now I feel so inadaquit!!!!!! hehehe (Spell check please!!)

Love Karren

Rachel Morley
05-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I read somewhere that this was a faux pas.....however, I also wear open toed sandals with panty hose. I guess if enough of us do it no-one will care....oh, and yeah, I've seen a few (but not many) GGs doing it as well.

Billie1
05-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Sheer toe hose or panty hose (suntan) and my fave red nail polish. Hide that in closed-toad shoes? Never!!!:D

talkwithmelissa
05-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I usually wear a nude hose with my painted toe nails. Sometimes black hose with the right outfit. I just tried ultrasheer hose which is hard to tell if I'm wearing hose or just have good skin tone.

Clare
05-04-2006, 12:49 AM
When wearing hose with open toe'd heels, the trick is to choose a nude colour and a sheer toe style of hose. The nude colour looks more like your natural leg tone (unless you have dark skin of course!) and the sheer toe is almost invisible at the open part of the heels.

Keep it all blended and nobody will notice.

Toni
05-04-2006, 02:28 AM
I wear peep toes all the time, because of rheumatoid arthritis in my feet I cannot wear closed shoes, even male shoes are a bit of a problem for me unless they are trainers. I always wear chiffon lace top glossy hold ups with them.

allisonrn06
05-04-2006, 07:18 AM
I should have added in my first reply to this that if I had more feminine legs,I might be tempted to go without hose with open toed shoes every once in a while,with heavy emphasis on every once in awhile -pantyhose are my favorite item of fem clothing and I hate to be without them.

FionaAlexis
05-04-2006, 07:32 AM
I used to wear sheer nude toe pantyhose with those peep toe shoes and it worked very well. I wouldn't wear hose with sandals - not now - bare legs and feet seem to be the thing to do.

Fiona xx

barbaracd
05-04-2006, 07:43 AM
I love to wear open toe hihg heeld with either black stockings or a coffee color. I have always liked the open toe heels rather than the pump

Billie Jean
05-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Nothing sexier than rht with sandals or peep toe shoes. Billie Jean

allisonrn06
05-17-2006, 08:31 AM
I have seen several threads in the forum about whether or not it is appropriate to wear hose with open toed shoes.I was at an event recently where ther were a lot of women dressed up, including quite a few wearing hose with open toed shoes.I only noticed one that didn't look right and it was because of the shoes she was wearing- for one thing they looked like leather bedroom slippers.For another they didn't match her outfit -she was wearing a red blouse,black skirt and black hose,but the shoes were brown.Any how,some of the replies to those other posts said that you don't see gg's wearing hose with open toed shoes,but just about every woman I saw at this event was wearing hose with sandals.Just an observation to add fuel to the fire.0.02

rocknred
05-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Black w/black stockings...but I kinda have a foot thing :love:

Bernadina
05-17-2006, 08:53 PM
I often wear toeless hose with open toed shoes. Shows off the nail polish very nicely.

http://www.geocities.com/bernadina_q/CD/t1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/bernadina_q/CD/t2.jpg

TGMarla
05-17-2006, 10:55 PM
:eek:

Toe cleavage!!!!

patrick180271
06-02-2006, 07:23 PM
With open toed sandals,side-buckle,I have worn thick black tights;commando style with a very short skirt!

MistyCD
06-02-2006, 08:08 PM
I do all the time, especially with dress sandals. Most of the times with Nude, suntan, or even sheer white pantyhose

Eleanor
06-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Succulent toes there Bernadina if I must say!

jillinla
06-02-2006, 08:18 PM
love the open toed

but you can't wear hose - unless it's toeless

a girll is a slave to fashion

(stripes & checks?)

Angie G
06-03-2006, 12:07 AM
I wear all color hose with black open toed (4 in.)heels
Angie G

TGMarla
06-03-2006, 08:20 AM
you can't wear hose - unless it's toelessBull hockey! Why do you think they make hosiery with sheer toes? If one could only wear hosiery with closed toed shoes, every toe would be reinforced. Furthermore, with a dress sandal, you can practically see the whole foot. I'm not a big fan of the "bare-legged" look, especially when going formal. So hosiery is a must, and toe-less hose just kind of looks funny. So I'll repeat, and talk slowly for those of you that just don't get it:

THERE'S NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH HOSIERY WITH OPEN-TOED SHOES!!!

In fact, I like it.

Betty H
06-03-2006, 08:25 AM
I wore opened toed shoes last night with "natural"color lace top thigh highs, Painted toes too.It was my first night out enfemme.

Karyn
06-03-2006, 12:56 PM
I almost always wear stockings with garters, and all my shoes have open toes so that's my normal look. Occasionally I'll go bare, but I really like the feel of stockings so not too often.

Carlacd
06-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Bull hockey! Why do you think they make hosiery with sheer toes? If one could only wear hosiery with closed toed shoes, every toe would be reinforced. Furthermore, with a dress sandal, you can practically see the whole foot. I'm not a big fan of the "bare-legged" look, especially when going formal. So hosiery is a must, and toe-less hose just kind of looks funny. So I'll repeat, and talk slowly for those of you that just don't get it:

THERE'S NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH HOSIERY WITH OPEN-TOED SHOES!!!

In fact, I like it.

Give'm hell Marla

Phyliss
06-03-2006, 02:13 PM
I presume these wedges and sandal foot stockings are acceptable for a day of shopping.

myMichelle
06-03-2006, 02:31 PM
0.02 Although some people (especially GG's who I've asked about it) say the current fashion trend is not to wear hose, I do. I tend to wear hose more in the fall and winter, though, as I find them just too hot for summer wear. I wear a lot of short skirts, and I think they look great with nude or suntan sheer toe hose and open toe sandals. I personally am not a big fan of wearing hose with painted nails, though...why go to all the trouble if nobody is gonna ever see your toenails?

Tamara Croft
06-03-2006, 02:33 PM
THERE'S NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH HOSIERY WITH OPEN-TOED SHOES!!!Nothing right with it either, infact.. I only see grannies wearing stuff like that :eek: :hiding:

Phyliss
06-03-2006, 02:40 PM
With 5 grandsons and at 61, I guess I can get away with it.

Julie Avery
06-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Bernadina's got the ticket. For the ultimate CD enjoyment of hose and open-toed shoes, get you some nylons that, in the USA at least, are called "sandalfoot", and do not cover the toes, but have a strand that goes between the big toe and second toe to keep them in place. Best stockings I've ever had!

musiclover
06-03-2006, 08:07 PM
I wear black hose with open toed sandals, when it's colder weather.

Stephanie Miller
06-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Jamie,
I have bought nylons from both Victoria Secrect and Dillards that are toeless. They are made for peep toed shoes. Very reinforced binding around a cut off toe with just a small bit of material that goes between big toe and the next ( like flip flops are). They are great for giving you the sheer look of nylons but let you show off your peticure.
Here in Arizona ( it's 112 deg. today) NOBODY wears nylons during most of the year. We get the new spray on.
In fact wearing nylons is one BIG givaway of a CD. :sigh:
Hugs,
Stephanie

RhondaLynn
06-04-2006, 12:28 AM
I've always worn sheer-toe hose. Since I changed from pantyhose to thigh-highs, I only wear Hanes Silk Reflections Thigh-Highs, Barely There or Barely Black, sheer toe.

For years, I only had closed-toe pumps, so that's the only thing I'd experienced. Last year I got a few new pair of shoes, some open-toe, some strappy-heels, and some heels w/ woven-type uppers. I found that I loved the way my toes looked in them if my nails were polished.

I still like my closed-toe pumps, but if I've spent the time to do a nice nail polish job on my toes, I love to wear a pair of shoes that will show them a bit.

cosmolovesph
06-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Give'm hell Marla

I 2nd that notion! ;)

Sage GG
06-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Nothing right with it either, infact.. I only see grannies wearing stuff like that :eek: :hiding:

You better watch out, us grannies are a force to be reckoned with

Melinda G
06-04-2006, 11:34 PM
I was at a singles dance last night, and dozens of women were wearing high heeled sandals with stockings.

cosmolovesph
06-05-2006, 12:14 AM
I was at a singles dance last night, and dozens of women were wearing high heeled sandals with stockings.

Ah the wave is shifting to realizing that nylons are like makeup for their legs, not many have the real legs to look THAT good, we all need a little help from time to time

HaleyPink2000
06-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Nothing right with it either, infact.. I only see grannies wearing stuff like that :eek: :hiding:

Guess there are lots of grannys in the world, HUH? LOL:)0.02

TGMarla
06-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Gee, Tamara, this is age-related? Hmm....I'm about 46. All the women my age, and whom I still find very attractive, are now grandmothers, or could be. Their kids are all grown up and having kids of their own. I'm not trying to pass myself off as a 20 year old. If fact, I find juniors' fashions a bit unappealing anyway. So if liking open-toes shoes and pantyhose makes me a granny, then I'm a granny! Let's hear it for the AARP!!!

Sky
06-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Our legs look simply much better in hosiery, so most tgirls go for them all the time, no matter what footwear we have, and rightfully so.

I admit I would love to wear sandals with bare legs, but just doesn't look right in me. It only works for those darn gg's... :mad: