PDA

View Full Version : comming out

perfume
05-17-2006, 09:55 PM
i am thinking about comming out as a cd. to everyone. whats everyones thoughts ? need OPINION QUICK.

LucyTwitch
05-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi

I came out to my family first and was ask a tousend questions. So my advice is to have some prepaired lit on gender issues. I was very nervous but give my more fem traits that have been evident since childhood. My family was not surprised. Once you get their acceptance it is such a good feeling to be out.

Friends are a bit different and it all depends on them as indiviuals.

Education and acceptance are the Key.

Love
Lucy

btmgrl6
05-17-2006, 10:23 PM
I am out and have been for a long time. Some take it well, some don't. it's a crap shoot.Mosst of fmy friends took it well, my family didn't. it was something I needed to do for me. No regrets either

Steph

steffie39
05-17-2006, 10:32 PM
It all depends on how you think they will take it and are you prepared to accept the consequences if the reactions are negative?

TGMarla
05-17-2006, 10:35 PM
How can we give you advice if we don't know your circumstances?

Faye Emmette
05-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Hard to say..
Are you head of the World Wresting Fed or the Red Cross or ...
Oh, too many variations ..
What Marla said.:straightface:

Helen MC
05-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Be very cautious as you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Tracy_Victoria
05-18-2006, 01:12 AM
once you have outted yourself you can never go back, you can never take back people reactions or feelings. if you open the door you have to be prepared for good and bad, welcomes and rejections. and normally rejection comes from where you least expect it.

it's a one way street, once out, that it.

Penny
05-18-2006, 01:34 AM
i am thinking about comming out as a cd. to everyone. whats everyones thoughts ? need OPINION QUICK.
Well, comming out from someone who is out(largely), if you are not out to your family, you should. If you are including everyone, then you must consider what will be your gain and what the ramifications will be not only for you but also for your family.

Clare
05-18-2006, 01:53 AM
i am thinking about comming out as a cd. to everyone. whats everyones thoughts ? need OPINION QUICK.Why the sudden rush is my first thought?

This takes a lot of consideration. Think of all the factors which may adversely affect you - work, family, etc.. I realise making it known you are a crossdresser has it's benefits, but who you tell can also bring about your downfall in many ways.

Do you have to tell everyone in a blanket statemet? What about particular people only?

Time to be a turtle - not a hare!