PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck at the baby shower.

Rikkicn
05-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Everyone in my life now knows. They all know me by my femme name and refer to me as "she". But, I'm still nervous.
I was invited to a baby shower and I'm sure I'll be the first trans person most of these women have ever met. I know that every one will be kind and respectful because that's the kind of people the baby's mom knows.
My sweetie's mom will be there and she loves me to pieces but is still getting used to the idea of a trans woman for a daughter in law. She was surprised that I was invited which to me means that she doesn't think of me as female...yet. This will take time. The grandmother to be and her sister can be sharp tongued sometimes and this will be the first time for them to see me in a skirt.
I know everyone will behave themselves but it is the looks that I may get that seem to bring up "stuff" for me.
The baby's mom told me this will be a flowered skirt kind of thing so I have the perfect out fit except shoes which I hope to find tomorrow. At first I thought I would wear pants because they are not as femme and I feel less obvious.
This time, I've decided to wear a fun and brightly colored, very femme skirt and top and I'm making a necklace and bracelet to go with them. I'll put my hair up and wear just a touch of make up. All in all very femme and feminine. A little more "out" for me.
This will all be very interesting to say the least.

Thanks for your support.
Love,
Rikki

steffie39
05-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Rikki,

Good luck. I wish I could go to a wedding or shower en-femme so you are very lucky. I hope it is everything you can ask for. :happy: Have fun and keep us posted!

TGMarla
05-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Good luck at the baby shower.

Adrienne Heels
05-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Rikki, I am sure you will have a wonderful time at the shower. That is such a femme thing to attend, you lucky girl.

Rikkicn
05-17-2006, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=KarynCD That is such a femme thing to attend.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is what scares me. I'm entering a very private world and ritual that only women have access to. I'm worried that I my mannerism are still too masculine. I want my dress and appearance to be congruent with my body language.
I quess I'll need more practice until they become habitual.

Love,
Rikki

steffie39
05-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Rikki,

Still, better to attend than never to get the chance. Practice if you want and do the best you can but have fun with it and everything will work out well. Just tell yourself the truth: that you earned the right to be there and you belong.

Trisha
05-18-2006, 12:02 AM
good luck freind and best wishes love trisha and lost my hubby all is well with us thank you and and have a good time

Joy Carter
05-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Hope it goes well Rikki just reading your posts I see you as an intelligent caring gurl so I think you can do this just wade in there and don't mind the "sharp tongs". I'm curious the one's giving and having the shower how are they to wards you you must be special to them to have invited you. :hugs:

Kate Simmons
05-18-2006, 05:19 AM
Sounds pretty natural to me Rikki. I'd really enjoy going to one. Have fun. Ericka

Sandra
05-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Rikki,

You go and enjoy yourself, and just be yourself.

kittypw GG
05-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Rikki,
Like Sandra said go be yourself. It is not a secrete society that you are trying to break into. Women come from all walks of life. You have no choice to be who and what you are. Go have fun.
What gift are you bringing? I love to give books.
Kitty

Rikkicn
05-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Rikki,
Like Sandra said go be yourself. It is not a secrete society that you are trying to break into. Women come from all walks of life. You have no choice to be who and what you are. Go have fun.
What gift are you bringing? I love to give books.
Kitty

I'm making window jewlery for the baby's room. I've made a sun, moon and star that are beaded and hang from suction cups on the window. They are real cute and i know she'll adore them.

Rikki

Rikkicn
05-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Hope it goes well Rikki just reading your posts I see you as an intelligent caring gurl so I think you can do this just wade in there and don't mind the "sharp tongs". I'm curious the one's giving and having the shower how are they to wards you you must be special to them to have invited you. :hugs:

The baby's mom is my soon to be wife's, sister in law. She has seen me and supported me throught out my coming out the last 4 years. She was also present at my "new name" ceremony and I officiated at their wedding but wasn't very out then.

I love her dearly and she loves me too. There will be a few others who know me too, that I just realized will be there so I'll have friends to rely on as well. I'll ask my sweety to stay by my side if I feel like I need support too.

I'm sure it will go very well but I felt it was important to share my feelings with you all.

Off to find those perfect shoes!

Thanks for asking

Love,
Rikki

Momarie
05-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Don't worry, you'll be fine.
Your gifts sound so sweet and thoughtful, especially for a newborn.
You'll have fun, mostly it's celebrating the momma and the new life to come.
Maybe some silly games, refreshments and oohing and ahhing over the presents.

I know it's ground-breaking for you and sounds like it might be ground-breaking for one or two of them, but just remember, you're family, you're loved and just bask in the aura of femininity.

alysonatl
05-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Oh Girl! I am SO jealous! I always wanted to go to one of these all female ritual gatherings and just be one of the girls. Have fun, collect good memories and never forget that at that time and place, you are a very feminine woman.

Rikkicn
05-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Back from shopping and sadly didn't find "the" perfect show but a pair that will go with my out fit.
The people at Nordstroms we're helpful and friendly. They just seem to have less styles than they used to.

Thanks for all your beautiful, encouraging and supportive comments. It will be a very interesting day. I'll let you know how it goes.

Love,
Rikki

CharlaineCadence
05-18-2006, 05:34 PM
all i can say is be your self. you will be fine. and if people get nasty on you just hold your self and stand proud. I know how are it is but. You have the most importand person their who wants you their if they insult you they insult her and she will defend you. most of all and what counts is she loves you for you and as a sister. She wants to share this with you and she wants her child to know you as you. hun you will be fine
kiss kiss
char

Joanna0909a
05-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Rikki,
I too would like to wish you the best at the shower. What a wonderful expression of love by the newborn's mom to invite you. Let that feminine side loose and just be yourself. It will be an experience you will never forget. Do not worry about the others. It will be fine. You just be you and enjoy.
Hugs,
Joanna

EricaCD
05-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Rikki - I just KNOW you're going to be great. Be yourself: I don't know many better women out there.

Erica

bredalee25
05-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Oh hun you are so lucky to have a chance to attend a baby shower enfemme. I'm so jelous I wish I could be invited to an event like this and be accepted as female as well. You go have fun and let us know how it was ok rikki you go girl. ttfn