PDA

View Full Version : Hiding stuff...

nibel
05-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Hi girls!

I was thinking... I have never done a full dress before, but I really got the schoolgirl outfit thing into my head... So after browsing a little on the web I've found the parts I need to accomplish this, but one thing got me worried: how is the size of all this stuff?

It's easy when you have to hide underwear, but I don't think it would be the same with wig, dress, shoes and so on... also, when the box arrives from the mail I know the smaller it looks the less questions I will get. So any of you got any idea of how big a package can get? And also how much space I will have to find to hide it?

Thanks!

hammer
05-18-2006, 12:39 PM
get a po box or have it sent general delivery ot your local post office

Adele
05-18-2006, 12:42 PM
I used to say the packages were items I had ordered for work.

Then as for hiding them..... The garage, the loft, if you take the bottom drawer out of a chest there is usually enough space underneath for stuff - don't catch you clothes or tights on any rough wood though.

I've heard of false backs to wardrobes if you want to get really creative.

Better still tell your partner and share all the drawers etc with her. I do and now she can't remember what is hers or mine!!

nibel
05-18-2006, 12:59 PM
I've already used the bottom drawer trick before, but I'm actually clueless if I could store a wig there for example. Like, I don't know if the wig needs to be kept mounted in those "plastic heads" to mantain it's form. I'm real noob, I have never dealed with this kind of stuff before...

Also, I've always buyed lot's of stuff online and I got packages from all over the world, but if someone I know see me with a big package getting into home and then later sees nothing new on the shelf it could draw some unwanted attention... if it is small I could just show one of my old stuff I collect and say it's new.

The main problem is that my neighboors love to watch my daily live and sometimes they even receive my orders in their home when I'm out. The PO Box could be part of the solution, but I think there's still more to it.

Kinda like a puzzle, just need more pieces to work out the solution...

DonnaT
05-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Well, if it all came in one box, then it may be bulky because of the wig and shoes. You're familier with shoe boxes already I assume. The box for the wig may be around 6" W X 8" L X 6" D. Then the other stuff not taking up a whole lot of space.

Why not order the items separately, then they'll come in separate packages. May cost a little more in S/H, but less worry.

If the wig is synthetic, it can be kept stored in the box in a hairnet (usually delivered that way).

Of course, coming out to your SO is recommended.

nibel
05-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the info Donna, I'm thinking in ordering all separately as you said, and since I'll be expending more with shipping I will take the oportunity to research for the lowest prices I can find and order from different places, maybe it will get even in the end. This is a good way to test for the services too.

About coming out... well, I see myself as a "casual dresser"... I don't feel really an urge to be dressing all the time, so I plan to keep this secret for awhile. I'm yet to see what I will do with this "hobby", for now I'm just living the moment. It also came in good timming because I was in need to relieve some stress and maybe after the schoolgirl experiment I will have a more concrete vision of my reality.

susiej
05-18-2006, 06:08 PM
If you have a CD shop in your area, check with them. Many offer mail drop services, where your packages can be delivered and then you can pick them up when you can. Some of them also offer lockers or storage boxes, where you can park your stuff, and I doubt the proprietors ever ask for identification!

This is a sterling example: http://www.fairplaytv.com .

Hugs,
Susie