PDA

View Full Version : out and about en femme!!

Adrienne Heels
05-18-2006, 09:14 PM
I had a salon appointment today, and after having my wig washed and set and my makeup done, I decided to go out shopping en femme. I was wearing a black v-neck sweater over black cami, jeans and black high heel pumps. I think I looked pretty hot.

When I arrived at the salon in drab, I already had my stick-on nails on and was wearing 4 rings , ladies watch and 3 bracelets, and was carrying a handbag along with my gym bag of ladies clothes. An attractive, well dressed woman gave me a nice smile when I walked in. I smiled back at her.

So off in my car, driving in heels. First stop, an accessory/jewelry shop where I am out to the owner. She loved my look and gave me a cheery smile.

I was going to go to the mall next. I parked and actually got out of the car. It was very crowded due to a sale at Filene's and I chickened out.

Then, to a consignment shop where I am also out. The owner there was stunned. Her exact words were to the effect that I could pass for a woman. That made me sooo happy. I did some browsing while another customer was in the shop......that lady did not even notice me. I felt fabulous. And while I was at the counter speaking to the owner, another GG came in to consign some goods and didn't even give me a second glance.

So on the way back to the salon, I decided to go for it at the mall. Probably just as crowded, but my confidence was high. I parked and walked into Filene's. Browsed a bit and neither the SAs or customers seemed to be paying any extra attention to me. The linoleum floors made it a bit tricky walking in a relatively new pair of heels, but I made my way to the Clinique counter. I purchased a bottle of their makeup remover. I also asked the SA about a eye concealer on display, but she couldn't help me as she was from the Estee Lauder counter and was just covering for the girl who was on her break. But I gave her a good close look at my face and she didn't react like I was anything but a woman.

So now fortified with confidence, I strode out to the mall and walked down about 6 stores to The Limited. I had to pass a couple of GGs, a woman with 2 kids, and some teenagers, both girls and boys. No comments, no second glances as far as I could tell. In The Limited, I was given a cheery greeting by the SA and treated as a lady. I was trying on some necklaces and another, older SA was giving me some advice. So I bought 2 necklaces and got a bracelet for free..there was a promotion on. They even asked me if I wanted to open a charge. Walked back to Filene's past a guy sitting on a bench and other female customers....no problem at all. Even my poor walking style did not appear to attract attention. I kept looking forward with a smile on my face.

Back to the salon , and a change into guy clothes. I then decided I wanted to get a necklace I saw at The Limited instead of the bracelet as my free item, so I went back to the mall and walked into the store en homme. The girls who waited on me were not there, but I wouldn't have cared anyway. I do wonder what their response would have been..they would have to had remembered my purchase as it was like 30 minutes earlier.

It was such a fun day, femme from 3PM to 5:30, and doing all my driving in 3" pumps! I can't wait to do it again.

Karyn

bredalee25
05-18-2006, 09:24 PM
wow karyn you look so good if you hadn't told me you were a cd i'd never have known it. I bet it was a fun day wish I had the courage to do it too. but i'm to scared of being found out as i don't look near as beautiful as you do well enjoy your high it is addicting I go out at night and wish I could do it more often ttfn

Denise01
Congratulations Karyn on your day out. It appears you enjoyed every minuet of your shopping event.
Your picture is great, and from the picture, if I saw you in the mall, I would take you for the lady your are, and am so pleased you had the happy experience.
I remember yet, my first time out, it was when i was on vacation, about 800 miles from home, where no one would know me.
I was with another TS girl I know. After the first half hour or so, when i realized no one was staring at me, or giving me any second glances, i calmed down, and too enjoyed the day to the fullest. We also went out for lunch, a place where she was know, and we were treated very good.
I now go out femme as much as possible, and as well when I am shopping for Denise, i am dressed as Denise.
It is so nice to be treated as a lady, when shopping and so far I have not had any negative reactions.

Denise

maid phylis
dear karen wow you go girl .that sounded just wonderfull.i do the same thing here in new york city .i belong to cdi and i take the subway into manhattan every wed evening so i have a chance to buy things enfemme and its so good to be able to walk into a store all dolled up and no one paying any attention to you .the more of us that do this then more people will respect us for who we are ,love phylisanne:hugs: :love:

Holly
05-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Wow, Karyn... quite a nice day AND some serious shopping, too! Glad your day was so enjoyable and hope you have tons more.

michelle19845
05-18-2006, 09:46 PM
you look very pretty .no doubt about it.definitely passable.

Rachel Morley
05-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Hi Karen,

All I can say is wow! A fantastic confidence boosting outing that went without a hitch! Awesome! Then again if you don't mind me saying so, your look is really natural and very passable. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to add my "you go girl!" comments too and say, take it from me, once you get out there and nothing bad happens, being en femme in public can be very intoxicatingly additive. Roll on the next time!

Barb Valentine
05-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Sounds like you had a blast
A you look great too :thumbsup:

Marlena Dahlstrom
05-18-2006, 10:51 PM
You go girl!

Funny we often imagine things are going to be worse than they are.

Adrienne Heels
05-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Thank you to everyone for your wonderful responses. Yes, I did have a great time. And it felt so good to do it near home. My first outing was in Florida on a business trip and I'm so glad I won't have to wait for my next trip to go out dressed!!!

Dee 1062
05-18-2006, 11:10 PM
I think sometimes we look more then anyone else, you know, are they looking at me? If they are just maybe they like what they are seeing>

sierracd6
05-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Good for you Karen...sounds like you had fun. I guess confidence is key. Congrats

Breanne
05-18-2006, 11:20 PM
oooooooooh, wish I could have been with you! Terrific.

MarieTS
05-19-2006, 02:12 AM
Karyn, I wish I were in NE. I would love to shop with you. it sounds like you have a nice routine. A lap around that mall together combined with our trips into the various boutiques and I promise you'd have that walk down.
I'm glad you had fun today!

RachelDenise
05-19-2006, 04:28 AM
Karyn, how cool was that?!!! What a great day.:D

SherriePall
05-19-2006, 06:17 AM
Karyn -- Congratulations. From your pic I can see why you were told you could pass. You look great. Now, the trick is to keep going.

Adrienne Heels
05-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Thanks, Sherrie....I definitely plan to get out more...have already picked out my outfit for my next shopping trip!!! I am just such a girl!!

Raychel
05-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Congratulations on your fun day out in the world. I doubt that I will ever have the courage to try that. I totally envy you and all that do manage to get out.

Brie
05-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Glad to hear that you had a nice time while out en femme. I too went out "dressed" yesterday, I was just planning on a cocktails at a quite hotel bar, but I broke a heel geeting out of my car, so it off to the mall. I just love to shop!

paulaN
05-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Karyn you look so nice. I can see why you had no problems. And in your pic I can tell you are very happy and having a great time of it all. I live in the NE. and I would have loved to have been with you. A girls day out. hee hee. great job hun. Keep on gurlen.

Clare
05-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Karyn, you look sensational in your pic. I'm so glad everything worked out for you. What confidence you must have!

You go girl!

Jodi
05-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Karyn, Reference to your being asked to open a charge acct at the Limited. As an SA at the Limited, I was required to ask that question of every customer. If I failed to ask them about a "Style Card", I would be counselled for it. If the customer that was not asked was a corporate secret shopper, the SA was dead in the water. We were given a quota for both sales and credit cards for the shift at the beginning of the shift. If an SA's quota was for 2 cards and they got 0 for a couple of shifts in a row, they would be counselled and retrained on how to get a card. We would be rated not only on our sales, but on how many cards we got. Future pay raises depended on both.

So, be advised, when you shop at the Limited, you will be pestered to get a style card on every visit.

Jodi

Adrienne Heels
05-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks, Jodi...the same thing must be true t Express as they asked me about a card when I was en homme.

Jodi
05-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Yes Karyn. They will do that at Express too. Limited Brands has a number of stores--Limited, Express, VS, Bath & Body works, White Barn Candles, and several others that I can't remember. Lerners used to be part of Limited Brands, but was sold off in Dec 2002. That is when the name change began from Lerners to New York & Co. We had the same policy on credit cards when I worked at Lerners. One day at Lerners, the District Sales Manager was making a visit. She came up to me, got right in my face, and asked me how many cards I had gotten that day. I smiled, walked her up to the Wrap desk, looked at the card ledger for the day, and showed her that I had gotten three so far. I got one attaboy that day. To my knowledge, the major dept stores have the same policies.

Jodi

Connie D50
05-22-2006, 10:01 PM
What a great day sounds like a ton of fun. How I wish I had the guts and you looked GREAT.
Connie

Jennaie
05-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Thats the way to do it girl. Love your style. congrats. :happy:

KELLYANN
05-22-2006, 11:00 PM
DAMN! YOU LOOKING GOOD KARYN KEEP IT UP GIRL!!! VERY PRETTY.:thumbsup: