PDA

View Full Version : "The Shadow Closet" on MSNBC

Jenny
05-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Did anyone else see the program "The Shadow Closet" on MSNBC on Saturday night? It was an "investigative" report on heterosexual crossdressers. It featured several people and the effect of their crossdressing on their lives. One person had come out to his wife who had accepted this aspect of his life. They went out together with him dressed. Another person had gotten a divorce because his wife couldn't accept his dressing and he couldn't accept not dressing. Another person was a younger dresser who had tried to be gay because he thought he was supposed to be only to find out he was not attracted to men. They also featured a publisher of an upscale crossdresser magazine and website: girltalkmag.com. There were other people and clubs also discussed.

I would highly recommend everyone to see this program if they rerun it which I assume they will as it was first produced back in 2000.

Stelli
05-10-2004, 10:48 AM
I think that our subject is getting out slowly, world i recognizing that there are people that may not fall into groups of straight and gay. I believe humans are much more diverse that originally tought. With the rise of population more of these kind of differences will be noticed.

Or it is just reaction on girl power trend of 90ties ???

Julie
05-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Thanks Jenny,

I'll keep an eye out for it. Everytime there is a transgender related show on TV it seems the family wants to sit with me and talk. Maybe if this is on again I'll have some alone time to watch it.

http://illinoismatmen.com/images/emoticons/Julie_sig.gif

Robyn_P
05-10-2004, 12:13 PM
If anyone see's that this will be aired again could you please post it for us ? Thanks in advance...

Robyn