PDA

View Full Version : Securing Wigs

Vallari
11-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on how to secure a wig to your head so you don't have to worry about it slipping out of position or completely off? Ive heard of using hair clips to secure it to your real hair but I think that only works if you have longer hair :( . I was thinking maybe adhesive tape or something but I want a realistic feel and appearance. I just dont want to worry about it during ... physical activities!

JennyCD
11-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Two possibilities that I am considering

Staple gun.

Duct tape.

Actually, from everything I've read (I still don't owon one yet), if a wig fits well, it should stay in place pretty well on it's own. I'm curious to see the replies from the experienced girls.

DonnaT
11-16-2004, 12:02 AM
A head band such as this http://beautytrends.com/002c/img/5702.jpg

and if necessary, U shaped hair pin (not bobby pins) passed through the wig and under the band.

By the way, my wife is from Waco.

Jen_TGCD
11-16-2004, 12:16 AM
<Laughing at Jenny...>

Hair is heavy and the longer wigs do tend to slip. Most wig shops or sites have a glue that works well to hold them in place. If you get tangled up in a tree branch... it won't hold, but it does at least keep it on straight. I have a product from The Breast Form Store called "It Stays". Works on bra staps, hose, knee-hi's, wigs or even to hold your blouse closed so too much cleavage doesn't show (I should have that problem... sheesh). Good stuff. Washes off easily... no mess... no fuss!

There isn't any product that will make it totally secure... just don't get too rowdy... I know how you Texas gals are!!! :p

Sharon
11-16-2004, 02:17 AM
I wear a wig cap and that alone does pretty well. I put my real hair in a ponytail beneath the cap so that helps keep it from riding up. I also buy wigs close to the same color as my natural hair(colored now because I'm going gray :( ), so that if the wig were to move, it wouldn't be so noticeable.

DanaJ
11-16-2004, 05:57 AM
A wig cap is good to pin the wig onto, or they have these adhesive double-sided wig tape patches also. They only work if you don't have much hair though..... I have a lot of them I hardly ever use, if you want a few to try, PM me, and I can send them to you.

DanaJ

Wendy me
11-16-2004, 07:58 AM
a wig cap works well duct tape not their mabey.........never mind

Vallari
11-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Staples!? :eek: :D Well I need it secure but not too secure! Thanks for all the advice gurls! Im probably gonna look into the wigcap or headband thing. :)

babe4life
11-16-2004, 01:41 PM
LOL

The newer wigs I have are "adjustable." So I tend to set it fairly tightly, but I think it could come off if persuaded. Jumping in the pool with it could warrant it being left behind ...

Did it once. It was lovely by the way. Swimming in your costume, long hair (climbed in to the pool) :D

Love,
Vicky

Tonia
11-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on how to secure a wig to your head so you don't have to worry about it slipping out of position or completely off? Ive heard of using hair clips to secure it to your real hair but I think that only works if you have longer hair :( . I was thinking maybe adhesive tape or something but I want a realistic feel and appearance. I just dont want to worry about it during ... physical activities!
Try a Goofy Grip form Paul young that will keep it in place it runs around $28.00 and real comfortable to wear.

Tonia:D