PDA

View Full Version : A father's pride....

Emma_Forbes
05-20-2006, 05:21 AM
Hi All,

I have 3 kids, 18, 15 and 12. I have discussed my crossdressing with the eldest in the recent past and he has no problem with it. Now, following a heart-to-heart conversation with my youngest about something embarassing which was bothering him, I asked him if he knew the reasons for his mother and I splitting up. He said he did and then proceeded to tell me it was in part due to my crossdressing. His mother had apparently told him. He has no problem with it but understands that passing on the information to friends/schoolmates is ill-advised. I found his attutude refreshing, intelligent and well-balanced in one so young and I am very proud of him.

I should point out that if he had not known, I would not have told him as I would have thought he was too young. Quite why his mother felt the need to tell him, I do not know nor care particularly. However, I'm quite glad she did.

Although it is probably a subject now laid to rest I am glad it is out in the open as, at least now, if I forget to put something away it won't be a shock to him. I still need to broach the subject with the middle one, who definitely knows (confirmed by the others) but will do so in a way that is as understated and gentle as with his brothers.

The reason for this post? I have no idea. I just thought it might be of interest to some.

Em

andrea6er
05-20-2006, 05:29 AM
Hi Em
After my split with my ex she also told my 2 sons who are now 18 and 16. The subject never gets raised but that said they don't seem to have a problem with it. And yes we still go out doing macho things, like my youngest whose 6'4" plays rugby and I'm on the side lines yelling him on every week. It never ceases to amaze me how adaptable people can be, and how far the so called boundarys can be moved, just look at how gays are now welcomed in society where 20 or so years ago they were sneared at and bashed about. So hopefully now we can go out there and not get the same treatment. I've yet to test this theory out, but it will happen soon, just waiting to pluck up the courage, and get the right outfit for the occasion.

Wenda
05-21-2006, 02:12 AM
I first came out to our second child, my daughter, who then informed me that our first child, her older brother, also dressed. We all believe our third child dresses, but no one talks about it. My youngest child, my third son, discovered my dressing when he was house-sitting, and my closet door, with the sticky lock, crept open, disclosing a dozen pairs of women's shoes. We have discussed it, I apologized for the way he learned about it, and life goes on. My daughter shared pics of me at Bras With Bling with her friends, lovers and co-workers. From my experience, if you really love your kids, and live that commitment, and they know that, nothing else really matters.