PDA

View Full Version : So? The eyebrows. Pluck, shave, wax, or what?

Sweet Susan
11-16-2004, 12:58 AM
What do any of you do about the eyebrows and chest hair? I pluck my eyebrows. I've been doing it for several years, now, and I prefer it. I used to try to shave them. Why? Dumb. I'd like to buy one of those nifty looking mini battery operated eye brow trimmers, but I haven't gotten around to it, yet.

As for the chest, I've been plucking my chest hairs for about three years. I used to shave them, but the hair grows back so fast and in so many directions, that I find I'm shaving constantly. Since I started plucking my chest hairs, I find that I enjoy it. Almost like one of those odd painful things that brings pleasure. Don't ask. I'm not sure how many chest hairs I have, but relatively speaking, I don't have that many. What I mean is, I'm no gorilla, but I do have enough that it takes a good week of constantly plucking whenever I'm in the bathroom to get them all. The wife is always asking, 'what are you doing in there?'

Marlene4a
11-16-2004, 01:32 AM
I think Thinning Susan. Lately, I have been "thinning" them.
Otherwise, I would look like Breszhnev.

Sweet Susan
11-16-2004, 01:38 AM
But, Marlene, how do you thin them?

Sharon
11-16-2004, 01:39 AM
I think Thinning Susan. Lately, I have been "thinning" them.
Otherwise, I would look like Breszhnev.

I "thin" my brows also. I shave my chest, not too many hairs to worry about though.

Sweet Susan
11-16-2004, 01:40 AM
ANd you thin them by plucking?

Sharon
11-16-2004, 01:40 AM
yup, one at a time

Sweet Susan
11-16-2004, 01:42 AM
That is what I do. I thin my eyebrows by plucking, but also am attempting to artistically shape them. I not only want them to be narrow, but I want them to look feminine. My wife freaks. The other day she said, "you are plucking your eyebrows away!" I just said, "well, okay."

DonnaT
11-16-2004, 07:13 AM
Pluck the brows, but only neaten and thin slightly. Makes them easier to control and the gradual change isn't noticable. Of course the regrowth would be noticed if I didn't stay on top of them.

Haven't touched the chest, but will be shaving it soon.