PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter

Heather Anne
05-20-2006, 06:37 AM
I am a member of the Atlanta chapter of Tri Ess. I would like to share a letter my daughter wrote and submitted to the chapter president to be published in our newsletter. I was not aware she had done this until I read the newsletter.

So My Dad Is A Cross dresser

First let me say that I love my dad very much. Let me tell you about how I knew my dad had a secret. It’s the little things he thought no one would notice. He would choose floral furniture, figurines to decorate with and then there was the closet. When I was pregnant with my first child I lived with my dad. My husband was in the army and he had to go to Korea for a year and I didn’t want to live alone so my dad welcomed me to live with him. Pregnancy hormones and all. Late at night I would hear him in his closet doing things. I would hear this footlocker open and close. Just noise but I knew there was a secret. I think, rather I’m sure I knew long before this but I can’t really pin point it. To be honest, I thought he dressed in women’s clothes for sexual satisfaction. I figured that was his business so I never said anything. At one point I went online to a chat/support group and asked the group if I should talk to my dad about his secret. Everyone said that if he wanted to talk to me about it then he would and until then, let him have his privacy. Well, a couple of months later we were out to dinner and I applied some lip-gloss and I showed it to him. You know like you would do with a girlfriend. I did it without thinking. A couple of days later he e-mailed me and asked me if I knew his secret and if I did what was it. I e-mailed him back and told him that yes, I knew that he dressed in women’s’ clothing. Little did I know that that e-mail would change so many things and nothing all at the same time. In the beginning we talked about it by mostly e-mail. My dad sent me an e-mail one day and told me that he left a package at his house for me to read if I wanted to. Later that day I went by to read it. It was basically his life story in regards to cross-dressing. Wow, I had no idea how far back and in depth his feelings were. Things progressed slowly as far as my dad and I talking about his femme persona, Heather Anne. A little bit longer until I was ready to “meet” Heather Anne. Now I am going to admit something that my dad doesn’t even know, I have a close friend that knows about him. I talked to her about his dressing years before he even came out to me. I called her and we talked for hours. I will admit that I was a little freaked out about the whole femme personality/persona. I thought his dressing was something entirely different than what it really was. Did this change anything? NO! To be honest I am so proud of my dad. For being strong enough to admit how he feels and to be out of that closet. Out of the footlocker. My dads’ coming out didn’t change how I feel about him or how I think about him. He is still the same person. Just with an extra bonus. To date we have gone clothes shopping together (I have a better fashion sense than him), make-up shopping and yes, even a support group meeting. Am I ashamed of my dad? NO WAY! Is it hard keeping his secret? YES!!!!!! My family doesn’t know. My husband, my kids, my mother, my sister. None of them know. But that’s ok. I never lie. When my dad calls me over to tell him how an outfit looks or when he calls to tell me he’s going out to a new restaurant with the girls, it’s just my dad calling to talk or wants some help with something at the house. There is no need to lie. He’s my dad. En femme or bubba, he is still the same person. My knowing has also made some things easier on him. I know that he is afraid of someone finding out so I “watch her back”. If my family and I are out and want to stop by, I make sure to call well in advance instead of just stopping in. If family comes to visit, I check things out to be sure everything is put away. If something was ever to happen to him, I know to take care of all of Heathers’ stuff. We have a game plan and I think that puts her, and his, mind at ease. To sum my relationship with my dad is no easy task. All I can say is that I love my dad very much. Whether he’s dressed in pants and a button up shirt or a purple evening gown, he’s still my dad.[/SIZE][/FONT]

RikkiOfLA
05-20-2006, 06:49 AM
What a great daughter! You must be very proud!!:love:

Hugs,
Rikki

andrea6er
05-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Wow Heather, your sure lucky to have a daughter that good, it gives the rest of us still in the closet hope for the future.:hugs:

bredalee25
05-20-2006, 07:04 AM
What a wonderful letter for her to have written about you. You must be bursting with pride right about now and you should be. To have a daughter like that must be amazing the way she helps you and loves you no matter what. Why can't there be more people like her in the world. Wish i had somebody to help me and be able to talk to about girl stuff I envy you Heather anne. ttfn

Raychel
05-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Very touching letter, and a very special daughter. Thanks for sharing.

Adrienne Heels
05-20-2006, 07:21 AM
You are so lucky to have a special daughter like that, Heather! She is so thoughtful.

TGMarla
05-20-2006, 07:30 AM
What a lovely letter, and a wonderful daughter. You are a lucky man! err....lady!

Annesah
05-20-2006, 07:37 AM
You must be sooo happy! You raised a Good Girl! Thanks fo much for posting this. :love:

Deidra Cowen
05-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Thats a very sweet and touching letter Heather Anne, you are lucky to have such a great kid. Of course you are a pretty sharp person yourself so its no surprise that raised such a sensitive and understanding daughter.

I count myself as lucky that you are one of my Tgirl friends here in Atlanta. See ya at Da Stage Door tonight!

Hugs

Deidra

DawnLabelle
05-20-2006, 08:21 AM
You have a wonderful daughter, and more than that, this shows that you've done a wonderful job RAISING that daughter!.

Good for you and good for her!

Hugs
Dawn

ava_bruna
05-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Amen !!!!!!

Jenny Beth
05-20-2006, 09:20 AM
You have a really great daughter there and I can relate completely. My daughter discovered my femme side many years ago and she has come to accept this side of me. On one of her visits a few months back she brought a girlfriend who did my makeup and I had one of the best times of my life. All those years I hid my clothes from her and there I was showing her my wardrobe. Some of my things she was jealous of, others she said she wouldn't be caught dead in. I count my blessings everyday.

kathy gg
05-20-2006, 10:15 AM
When you see great kids, it is an indication of what a great job you have done to raise such a commpassionate human being.

RenaCD
05-20-2006, 10:47 AM
You have a wonderful daughter, and more than that, this shows that you've done a wonderful job RAISING that daughter!.

Good for you and good for her!

Hugs
Dawn

Double Amen! Dawn I'm Quoting You Cuase my Eyes are All welled up an can barly see the Keyboard.
Thanks Heather, Rena

Holly
05-20-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm also the dad of an accepting daughter. I know the pride and joy you are feeling. Congratulations to both of you.

Shelly Preston
05-20-2006, 04:45 PM
A touching story.

You must be extremely proud of your daughter.

It's a delight to hear things like this.

LucyTwitch
05-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi

Can not add anymore than what has been said.

Love
Lucy

az_azeel
05-20-2006, 07:15 PM
hi
how nice to read... maybe through generations we will all become more accepted...my oldest son found out and he was fine... i am still a very private person.. but good luck...

az_azeel

gennee
05-20-2006, 07:45 PM
That's a wonderful letter, Heather Anne. And yo have a wonderful daughter, Too.

Gennee:love:

Missy Anne's GG
05-21-2006, 07:52 PM
That is such a beautiful letter! You must be so proud of the wonderful daughter you raised!

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG