PDA

View Full Version : Oh, My God

Abraxas
11-16-2004, 02:06 AM
I just got an email from my friend in New York--
You'll never believe it!
EDDIE F*CKING IZZARD MENTIONED ME IN NEW YORK!
Here's the email:

hey! i was at the nyc signing....and guess what? someone asked eddie something related to his being a TV....so he answered and then mentioned that he met a female transvestite in (and then he pondered) "hmmmm....chicago!" he said....then he said "she is a female tranvestite and she likes blokes...." i knew he was talking about you abs! i couldn't wait to get back to tell you! if you're online now, please let me know you got this email!

And a follow- up:

let me see....what was the question they asked him....it had to do with being a transvestite and doing his standup....how he works it into his standup...and i can't remember how he wound up mentioning the part about the female transvestite, but said "i met this female transvestite...innnn...." and then he looked up at the ceiling, trying to remember "....chicago!" "she's a female transvestite....and she likes blokes.."

OH MY GOD!!!
I'm freaking out!!
Maybe I'll get a mention on Conan tonight. It's always possible!

Abraxas
11-16-2004, 02:43 AM
If he mentions me in TV I will seriously PASS OUT!!!
You might feel a dull thud.
I am SO thrilled!
Like, beyond words. I'm gonna write him a thank- you email (send it to his US manager).
He's SO incredibly sweet and thoughtful!!!

Lily_gg
11-16-2004, 06:18 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How cool is that?!!!!

:mad: *very very deeply jealous* :mad:

:D :D

Abraxas
11-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah!
I'll have to tell him. The fee could be.........
Him being my wife. Err... Me being his husband.
If he and I ever get married, he can be the bride, and I'll be the groom.
Of COURSE I'll remember y'all!
And, I already use Abraxas as my stage name, so that's sorted!
:D

I did write an email to his manager, asking her to please send along a very sincere thank- you. She wrote me back and said he doesn't have a lot of time to check his email on this kind of trip but she will forward the message and mention that I sent it. So, maybe he'll read it. And maybe he'll even reply, though I don't wanna get my hopes up. It's always possible.
:eek:

Abraxas
11-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah :)
I do hope he read my written letter, although I don't know. Everyone who was there with me seems to think he will. But he's dyslexic and the letter was quite long. He doesn't like to read anyway...
I kept the email short and to the point. I wasn't expecting her to forward it, just hoped she'd mention a sincere thanks. Maybe...

:D
Still very high!

Abraxas
11-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Thanks!!!
It's always good to get reassurance :)
And, I do think he'll remember me for at least awhile, because one time he left a text message on his website for a girl he'd met-- she asked him did he REALLY send the Texts himself, and he replied that yes, in fact, he did, using her first name in the message.
So, he remembers his fans. Such an off- the- scale amazing guy.