PDA

View Full Version : How old were you when.

Jeanette TS
05-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi i have started this on another forum, as well I have started on the long road to my Transitioning. I was wondering what the average age is. I started my Transitioning about 36 now 12 months on. I have been thinking i should have started 16 years earlier. I know we go down the road of denial but we all get there in the end, and a little later is better than never.

But i have to say my mum dropped a good one on me when i told her by saying why? didn't i tell her early. As she sort of knew or had a idea when i was about 16 and she turned around and said she would have helped me when i was 16. Thank you mum Why didn't you say something when i was 16. all i got was well i didn't like to talk about it then. So to some up how old were you.

Deborah
05-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Well i haven't started transitioning 'yet', maybe one of these days. :happy:

Natalie x
05-21-2006, 06:30 AM
I would have voted, but the poll doesn't go high enough, he he he.

I was 60 when I opened the door to my fem side for the first time. Oh, I always knew she was there, I just didn't know I could do anything about it. Once Natalie was unleashed, however, I quickly realised that I needed to be her, that she was the side of my personality I had always liked. So, within six months, close to my 61st birthday, I was on the hormone road to transition. To be truthful, it's my second-choice option; if I were younger (and richer) I would love to go for full GRS, but that door is not really within reach for me. Sometime in the not-too-distant future, though, I would like to find out if I can have an orchiectomy, at least to close the door on my male side forever, even if I can't be fully female.

Ok, this is really only partial transition, but it's so, so much more than I could ever have hoped or prayed for when I was growing up. For me, it's the nearest I'll ever ger to fulfilling my dream.

Jeanette TS
05-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Hi Grace sorry for not going higher babes next time i will get it right.

Lov Jeanette x:love:

Lilith Moon
05-21-2006, 07:11 AM
I was 60 when I opened the door to my fem side for the first time.

I can't believe that you are 60+ !!!! You look amazing. I'm 60 and your pic shows that there's hope for me after all :D

I was on the hormone road to transition. To be truthful, it's my second-choice option; if I were younger (and richer) I would love to go for full GRS, but that door is not really within reach for me. Sometime in the not-too-distant future, though, I would like to find out if I can have an orchiectomy, at least to close the door on my male side forever, even if I can't be fully female.Ok

Thanks for your story. In my heart, think that would be a path I would consider were it not for the repercussions on my SO and family.

BeckyCath
05-21-2006, 07:31 AM
I came out as TS when i was 19, and was quickly shoved back into denial by psychiatrists... I then wasted 12 years, and came out a 2nd time at 32, and now, at age 33 am finally full time! Hope to be whole and complete before I'm 36...

Rebecca

CaptLex
05-21-2006, 09:24 AM
I just started hormone therapy a few weeks ago - and I'm 45. I sometimes wish I had started 20-25 years ago, but then I would not have experienced certain things in my life (like my son) and that may cause bigger regrets. I'm looking forward to the future. :D

gennee
05-21-2006, 11:42 AM
I just started hormone therapy a few weeks ago - and I'm 45. I sometimes wish I had started 20-25 years ago, but then I would not have experienced certain things in my life (like my son) and that may cause bigger regrets. I'm looking forward to the future. :D

Hi, CaptLex. I wish you the best during your therapy. Keep me posted on your progress.

Gennee

~Dee~
05-21-2006, 01:22 PM
i started my transition just recently .. im not full time yet cause i want to move along the slide rule a bit before i venture out fully ..
im 27 years old now .. i just wish i had the courage to accept this earlier .. i had a pretty rough time in high school, what with people constantly trying to pummel me. :happy: so its not like they could have done anymore in the end.

but anyway .. it would of also meant that i wouldnt have met and married my wonderful wife .. and so i would have missed a great big chunk of the best thing in my life.
mind you ... i think that without kittys support and counselling - id of never gotten a good enough grip on who i am to be able to take this step.
hmm .. well if this isnt rambling, i dont know what is.
:D

JOANNE
05-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I too am in Natalie's age group, with grandchildren and also started transitioning late. In my case it was family commitments and a lack of knowledge. Believe me its a difficult task suppressing one's feelings for years but everything comes to those who wait.

Kimberley
05-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Interesting question. I made the conscious decision to not transition. It was probably the most difficult one and with the most far reaching consequences I have ever made. I made this decision at 38. I think I knew all my life but circumstances and denial kept me from exploring.

Today, I just try to get by as best I can.

Hugs
Kimberley

maggie
05-22-2006, 09:19 AM
In the early 1970's, when I was in my early 30's, I considered transitioning but decided against it. I got married, had a wonderful family, and repressed my crossdressing for 30 years (although I constantly fantasized about it). Now I'm in my mid-60's, struggling with the issue more than ever, but feel it's too late to transition given my age and potential heart problems.

Maggie

Kimberley
05-22-2006, 07:55 PM
In the early 1970's, when I was in my early 30's, I considered transitioning but decided against it. I got married, had a wonderful family, and repressed my crossdressing for 30 years (although I constantly fantasized about it). Now I'm in my mid-60's, struggling with the issue more than ever, but feel it's too late to transition given my age and potential heart problems.

Maggie
Maggie, I wouldnt give up hope. My pdoc told me she recommended one of her clients 2 years ago for SRS. She was in her early 70's. It's never too late.

:hugs:

CharlaineCadence
05-22-2006, 10:33 PM
I started mine honestly 8 months before going to iraq but then stopped to fight in te war two and a half years and i'm back on the path that is right for me. hope to have my srs by my 31st bday

Rachel_740
05-24-2006, 08:20 AM
I was 42 when I came out, 43 when I went fulll time (16 months ago) and I'll be post-op in 5 weeks time - can't wait :happy:

Rach
xxx

PennyAnne
05-26-2006, 03:47 PM
I transitioned rather abruptly at the age of 26. Being only 5'5" and with an all too too pretty face for a man, I had suffered considerable negative reactions while trying to fit in as a man. Transitioning removed those pressures. Though I had no trouble "passing" it took nearly a year till I reoriented my thinking to accept the role of a woman in our society. It's much more subtle than putting on a skirt and makeup as many of you undobtedly know.
Penny

tori-e
05-28-2006, 10:30 PM
What do you consider transition? Hair removal, laser and such, first times out? For me, age 47. Starting hormones? Age 48.

Tori

OniKoneko
06-01-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't understand the question... How old was I when I started to transition? Well, that depends on what you consider "transitioning"... I consider physical and mental preparations to be part of it... Like before I could not wear girly clothes in school without breaking out into a nervous wreck, but later on I could.

So, in my case... I guess the ages you've listed are all too high. :P

When I accepted that I always was, is, and will be female... That was when I was fifteen, although I was crying myself to sleep wondering why I was not born female when I was around thirteen.

I started to dress and act more girly in addition to gaining self confidence about myself as the girl I am around sixteen. Makeup, clothes, etc. This is where it started.

The gears of this particular machine are still grinding, though. I'm working through clothes and makeup while trying to see about hormones and such... I hope to be on them, or to at least have an official plan about them, soon.

Makncheese
06-02-2006, 06:45 AM
Second attempt at this started when I was 39 (in Jan of 2003).

Jeanette TS
06-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi started at 36 July 29th 2005 when i said thats it need to start living.

Lov Jeanette