PDA

View Full Version : Work Sucks...

heatherCD8772
05-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey everyone... Well just got to rant a little bit... as many of you know from my pics I had long natural hair, no wigs here but recently I had to cut it all off short for work... I work for the city and they said that I needed to cut my hair to look more professional while at work... it really sucks I miss my long hair and now I am going to have to go and buy a wig...

Anyone else have issues like that where you work...

bredalee25
05-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Heather we all need to respect our employers wishes for without a job a girl can't buy new clothes or pay the bills either. So it's not just your problem it's every girl here with the exception of the girls who don't have to work who do what it takes to keep our jobs. Myself i don't have any issues at work i only dress on my time off and use wigs because growing my hair long doesn't work. my job is a very hot job in summer and damn cold in winter. I drive a forktruck in plant that isn't climate contolled( no heat no AC ) so i buzz cut the hair in summer and wear a heavy hat in winter just my0.02 ttfn

urban gypsy
05-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Because of the position I hold at work I have to be of very smart appearance, so very drab clean cut hair. and clean shaven. and as for the shirt, tie and suits [ modern male armour ].
But all this makes me enjoy being fem all the more.

rpservices1
05-20-2006, 05:47 PM
retired no problem anymore , brenda

trannie T
05-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Where I worked, no earrings, no long hair and no beards. Soon as I retired my ears got pierced and my hair grew long.

heatherCD8772
05-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Well, I worked there for a good while before, this is something new, but oh well I know i gotta work and live with it... just kinda sucks.

az_azeel
05-20-2006, 06:47 PM
hi..
why the hell should you conform to society... why cant you look smart with long hair.. i presume you have to wear a shirt and tie.... already boring in this day and age... surely if you can do your job... does it matter?

az_azeel

Rachel Morley
05-20-2006, 07:06 PM
We might live in a democracy but we don't work in one! There are some things in life that are just not fair and we can't do anything about. Having to tow the line at work regarding appearance is one one them. Still, never mind there are some lovely wigs out there and the thing about wigs, is you can change your look in a heartbeat :)