PDA

View Full Version : voice clips

Kieron Andrew
05-20-2006, 10:00 PM
http://www.trannyboi.com/voiceclips.htm (http://www.trannyboi.com/voiceclips.htm.........i)i love the variation in the voice clips from day one til the end of his journey

Taylor105
06-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Bummer. I guess they removed the voice clips. I wanted to hear them. Peace, Taylor

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Just remove the ".........i" after .htm and all will be well...

FYI guys, one of the things that MTF voice lessons is that pitch is actually less important than resonance in whether a voice "reads" as male or female.

Obviously, there are pitch differences and if you sound like Minnie Mouse or Darth Vader you're going to have a hard time presenting yourself as the opposite gender. But there's actually a considerable overlap in the pitch of male and female voices and even those with pitches outside the "normal" range will be seen as appropriate if other aspects (resonance, pitch/volume changes, rhythm, word choice, etc.) are "correct."

Men have more resonance in their voices because T (irreversibly) increases the size of the voice box. But if you're not on T it's still possible to gain resonance by using what's called "head resonance" (as opposed to "chest resonance," which men use). IIRC, info for singers and to help women sound more "authorative" in public speaking gives some tips on how to develop more resonance in your voice.

Kirchein
06-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Just remove the ".........i" after .htm and all will be well...

FYI guys, one of the things that MTF voice lessons is that pitch is actually less important than resonance in whether a voice "reads" as male or female.

Obviously, there are pitch differences and if you sound like Minnie Mouse or Darth Vader you're going to have a hard time presenting yourself as the opposite gender. But there's actually a considerable overlap in the pitch of male and female voices and even those with pitches outside the "normal" range will be seen as appropriate if other aspects (resonance, pitch/volume changes, rhythm, word choice, etc.) are "correct."

Men have more resonance in their voices because T (irreversibly) increases the size of the voice box. But if you're not on T it's still possible to gain resonance by using what's called "head resonance" (as opposed to "chest resonance," which men use). IIRC, info for singers and to help women sound more "authorative" in public speaking gives some tips on how to develop more resonance in your voice.

mms that means i can make my voice sound more "male" even without taking "T" ? :S how can i?

---
:p i love this pic - >:p

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-29-2006, 01:57 AM
mms that means i can make my voice sound more "male" even without taking "T" ? :S how can i?

Sorry, I don't know of any articles offhand, since I'm trying reduce resonance in my voice. But a little online searching ought to turn up some information.

To lower your voice, do singing exercises every day, gradually lowering the scales.