PDA

View Full Version : Pedicure

Michele
05-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Hi Ladies! Tonight I went with my wife to have a pedicure. My wife who knows about my CD status, wanted to go have a pedicure at one of the nail shops... We rode around tonight looking for nail shops that was open. It was about 8pm EST and two of the shops were already closed. I am hopelessly lost in the closet... My wife knows about my CDing and supports it.. However, we have not done anything out in the real world, except for a trip or two shopping for a blouse for me, or maybe some make up.

After riding around for a bit, we found a nail salon that was open for business on Saturday Night. There was 3 attendants working and about 5 GG's at different stages of getting their nails done. My wife really wanted a pedicure (as we have a vacation starting tomorrow) so I told her that I would like to get one as well.

We go into the shop to see if they can accomodate us. My wife ran in to ask if they had time to do pedicures, and they invited us in.

Ok girls... I keep my toenails polished with a darker color 99% of the time... Earlier in the day I had taken the polish off, after my wife suggested that I remove my polish (we are going on vacation to Washington DC. I stripped the polish off and put on my socks... I knew that there would probably be some "color" around the cuticle areas that would be visible to the person doing my pedicure... but I decided to go ahead with it, as my wife wanted to get her pedicure, and I had been invited.

I sat down to get my pedicure, and got an excellent foot treatment that was great. The girl doing my feet did an outstanding job. I knew that anyone digging around my toe cuticles would definitely see some "residue" of color from having my nails painted earlier. I warned my wife before we went in to have our pedicures that this could be an issue...

The girl doing my feet did not bat an eyelash while working. She caught me off guard slightly when she asked me what style I liked better, square or round. I told her square.

After she finished our pedicures, she asked me what color I wanted. I told her that clear would be fine. She pointed to my wife's toes while she asked, and did not bat an eyelash. She finished up with a clear coat on my toes, but I felt comfortable that I could have gotten any color I desired.

When we get back from our trip, I am going to go ask for a manicure and some french tips.... I am confident enough now with this outing to feel comfortable, and the salon is only interested in selling their services.... I felt comfortable, and the pampering was outstanding! If any of you girls are hesitant (and I am, just buying mascara at the store) drop in to one of the nail salons and just get a pedicure with clear polish... The people in the salon will accomodate you happily, and not even bat an eyelash. Hopefully, by next Friday, I will have a professionally applied set of acrylic nails!

Michele
D

LucyTwitch
05-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi

Well a girl got to do what a girls got to do. I would of gone for a red or pink colour.

Love
Lucy

Barb Valentine
05-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Good for you

Wenda
05-21-2006, 12:22 AM
It's doubly rewarding, isn't it! You get pampered, and you get to do something CD. My first pedicure, I passed on the polish, but not now. I have, however, become quite proficient at doing pedicures on my GF and on my own feet, so I spend the money on waxing, which I have had very mixed results when I have tried DIY. Met a young lady last week that does Brazilians and scrotal waxings. Something to save for.

DanaJ
05-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Michelle, that is great, good for you! Your advice is good, but I would still call or check first to see if they are comfortable in doing a guy, IF you want to get polish and all, It is fine to get just a regular male pedicure....

One warning I would like to add here - to anyone who wants to get acrylic or other artificial nails.... PLEASE do your homework first, just don't go to any corner discount nail salon. Many of them are not licensed, and they used banned and illegal materials. They can do damage to your nails if you do not go to a reputable place.

If you belong to the Beauty Club, please check out this thread before deciding on a nail salon: How to choose a good nail tech/salon (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10730) It could very well save your nails ;)

Phyliss
05-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Pedicures, one of the secrets I've discovered. They're wonderful. The nail tech I see every six weeks has no problem with me or for that matter any men getting a pedicure.
The first time I went in was for my wife, to make an appointment for her as a present. I joked about me getting one and she outright invited me to make an appt for myself.
I'm still trying to convince her to put some color on my toes, usually she just does a clear coat. That's good enough for me for now. I take my victories where I can. I may just put some color on over the clear after my next appt.

SherriePall
05-21-2006, 08:30 AM
I just had one Tuesday afternoon. This time I got a french pedicure. I have had pink and bright reds the other four or five times. She offered the color the first time. But, she knew in advance because she had talked with the girl I dealt with at the makeup place I used to go to. Then when I went in the first time, I showed her some pics. She's a great gg.

dani_grl03
05-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Pedicures are awesome! I get one about once a month now. I was scared to death the first time but now its just a part of who I am and will be a part of you as well. One thing I have noticed is that most people either dont notice or dont care. I wear sandals all the time and I have always had polish on. I usually wear a french tip rather than a full color though.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/dani_grl03/Dani/017cd852.jpg

JoAnnDallas
05-22-2006, 08:29 AM
You have most likely read my post on my nail salon adventures. The one thing I know about most people who work in my salon is that they have NO problem with men getting pedicures and sooner or later they will have either Gay ro TG clints. I get more enjoyment watching the reactions of the other customers. Funny thing is I have never had another customer say anything to me negatively or to Tina and Tony about me getting color on my toes or nails or arcylics on my nails. I have had more people comment positively on my nails than I ever expected. When I got Red polish on my toes this last time, I did get a comment that the color suited me. Then there was the one GG customer that was either fastinated or shocked at seeing Seli put poish on my toes. She probley thought I was Gay. LOL

Enjoy the pedicures, and next time asked for color. Even my wife, who doesn't know about my JoAnn side, has even got used to my toes being painted Red. Next time light Pink on the nails. LOL

Jodi
05-22-2006, 08:21 PM
I get my pedicure once a month. I go to the same shop and have the same nail tech. When I first started with a manicure, I came out to her. Her response was that she appreciated my honesty as she would have trimmed my nails closer than I would have liked. She is the one who recommended my first pedicure. From the first time, I have had color applied. She is happy to recommend new colors as they come out and as the seasons change. I've attached a pic of my last pedicure about a week ago

rachellenicole
05-22-2006, 10:40 PM
My wife and I had a pedicure together about 2 weeks ago , I just love the pampering. I did not get any polish, it's my wifes salon, and wasn't totaly comfy with that. She did offer to polish them when we returned home, I agreed of course.

Rachelle

ColleenCD
05-22-2006, 11:45 PM
I joined my wife for a Mother's Day pedicure at our local salon. She sat next to me which was nice since all 8 chairs were full of GG's. The leg massage was nice, but the technician didn't seem to take me seriously as a customer wanting a pedicure. She spent about 30 seconds on each foot filing and buffing.

She asked my wife what color of polish to use, so my wife told her Pink. (cool)

But the next day, I actually had a nail start to split. Good as new after some repairs and polish.

Colleen

Jillian310
05-24-2006, 08:48 PM
I get a pedicure @ every 3 or 4 weeks. I always get polish. They are bright pink now. BTW, wearing hose with sandals doesn't work well with me. The big toenail likes to punch a hole through, no matter how I get them trimmed!

Vash
05-26-2006, 02:46 AM
I love the pedicure. I also go about every two or three weeks. My new treat is the "Spa Pedicure" I have never walked on a cloud before ,but after a spa pedicure I imagine that this is what it must feel like.
right now I have Opi Bogota Blackberry