PDA

View Full Version : To shave or not to shave

Byllie
05-21-2006, 04:53 PM
As I've posted, I'm relatively new to CD, though I've dabled with makeup for a long time. I have a really nice beard, but also thoroughly enjoy wearing women's clothing. It seems that for some to be a CD means to "pass" (yes, this has been discussed ad nauseum) as a woman, but I'd like to offer another idea, that there is apectrum from absolutely male, genderwise, to absolutely female, and that we're all somewhere in the spectrum. I believe that to disallow the spectrum, and to insist you're one end or the other - Pick! - is to fall into the same trap as before.

az_azeel
05-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I myself have a goatee beard and do not dress to pass as a female. I just love the feeling of the clothes.. so does my s/o lol... I agree with what you say. It would be nice to wear whatever you wanted and not be judged by society. I think it will be accepted eventually.. like the woman who first wore pants.

take care

az_azeel

Ellie
05-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I had a goatee for several years and although my GF supports my dressing as Ellie she also really loved my goateed look. I liked the idea of trying to pass so I shaved it off for a while and with some makeup help I feel that I could have passed had I gotten out of the house. Since my GF loves the goatee I am going to let it grow back for a few months and just be the bearded lady :P when dressed.

I got a full body wax when I first started dressing and have since noticed that it is the chest, belly, and arm hair that is most noticeable in femme clothes (legs usually covered in hose). As my GF likes her BF's hairy arms around her at night I am using a lightening gel rather then waxing them.

I guess my point is simply that not only is there a spectrum but that there is no reason that one has to stay at any one point along the spectrum all the time.

Karren H
05-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Well I think your correct if you pick one end 24/7. The trick is to pass as either ends at different times. As I am this week. Passing as male, all fuzzed up legs, male shorts! Hanging with the in-laws in florida and they have no clue!! But next week. When I get some time, its female time and off to the mall to do some enfemme shopping!! So I have not picked one. All the time and I'm not stuck somewhere in genderless land either. Like I always say. Best of both genders, when and where I want!! Lol

Love Karren

Butterfly Bill
05-21-2006, 09:23 PM
I have a beard, and I don't try to make then think I am anything other than a liberated man -- and I think I get far more positive reactions to this than I would trying to pretend I am a woman.

Tracy_Victoria
05-22-2006, 03:25 AM
As I've posted, I'm relatively new to CD, though I've dabled with makeup for a long time. I have a really nice beard, but also thoroughly enjoy wearing women's clothing. It seems that for some to be a CD means to "pass" (yes, this has been discussed ad nauseum) as a woman, but I'd like to offer another idea, that there is apectrum from absolutely male, genderwise, to absolutely female, and that we're all somewhere in the spectrum. I believe that to disallow the spectrum, and to insist you're one end or the other - Pick! - is to fall into the same trap as before.

Your crossdressing should be how, and what you want it to be, not what you feel others expect of you. basically if your happy with clothes then that is all you need, if you need more, then do it, if not don't. the choice is simply yours.

Unfortunately some do get carried away in the fantasy, and take things further than they should ever go, sadly I can relate to this alot, in having known an older TV, that believed and lied her way in to a sex change, as you can imagine it was a massive mistake, and sadly she paid dearly for it.

if your happy with what you do, do it, we do this for our pleasure, and amusment, not for other, if your happy, what more do you need!!!

MarciGrrl
05-22-2006, 04:00 AM
Spectrum? The rainbow has many colors, ya know? :happy:

I look at it like this: there are no absolutes in this business. Just be yourself honey. No one knows your true color better than you....

Marci

Kate Simmons
05-22-2006, 05:34 AM
I enjoy looking nice as much as the next "gal" but it's really not necessary for me to look exclusively as one or the other. I've been thinking about the beard thing again and possibly pushing the "envelope". It's all according to how I feel at the time and feeling good about being who I am, whether it's Richard or Ericka or somewhere "in between". Ericka

Deenise60
05-22-2006, 08:31 PM
I had a mustache for over 20 years, and never felt really comfortable while dressed fem. Even though I liked having it when in male mode, it made quite a difference when I finally shaved it off. I, feel so much better now thats its off and also I thought it did look funny being dressed and having it.