PDA

View Full Version : Solitude

annekathleen
05-21-2006, 08:26 PM
We've had numerous discussions as to when we started and why we like to crossdress, whether we go out in public, or enjoy dressing in the comfort and privacy of our homes. Yes, I started when I was in my teens, and had access to alot of womens clothing through the twenty some years that I was married to two different women. It was fun and exciting to invade and explore "her" dresser drawers and "her" side of the closet. When my second wife moved out, I held on to some of her clothing, perhaps as memories of her, and perhaps keeping some female clothing around to enjoy wearing.
Ive dated several women since, and some of them kept some of their clothing here, occupying several dresser drawers and closet space. Which leads me to my topic of "solitude" It permits me to dress. I had my children ( all adult ) here for the week end and it prohibited me from "dressing" except for my panties which are always 24/7. I was dying to get into some of my favorite articles of clothing. The last offspring left about 8 PM and I couldnt wait to get into my favorite bras and newest breast forms. So, now I am sitting here in my solitude enjoying the opportunity to wear the clothing I enjoy.
Do many of us here enjoy or prefer solitude at times to enjoy crossdressing without interuptions? Just a curious question, Are there other crossdressers that have more than average time of being alone, and do you prefer it that way?

LucyTwitch
05-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi

I do at times even thow my SO has accepted that side of me.

Love
Lucy

michelle19845
05-21-2006, 11:18 PM
for now it's alone,but i am finding others that do and working towards meeting them and am also looking for glbt friendly clubs to be dressed and express my self at where it accepted and understood.i would really like to have a significant other that would be supportive and understanding.it would make things a lot easier.

Jennaie
05-21-2006, 11:40 PM
I have all the privacy I need to dress and be Jennaie. There have been times when I did not. I do enjoy my privacy and what it affords me, but I would rather be with someone who could enjoy it with me.

Faye Emmette
05-21-2006, 11:59 PM
I think that over the decades of furtive dressing in as quick a time as possible with the threat of 'time running out' before one gets caught, the relaxation I find in being en femme is conditioned into me as being synonymous with quiet and solitude.
That's what I think.
F.

Joy Carter
05-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Much Lonelyness ! Would love to get into a social group and be accepted as Joy. :o

Yes I am
05-22-2006, 12:19 AM
When I was younger I enjoyed the solitude, but now after coming out to some people I do not like being alone especially when I dress. It is so much more rewarding to do it around others, I don't feel that it's a part of me that deserves to be hidden from everyone.

Helen MC
05-22-2006, 02:25 AM
I was married but in the end I prefer solitude.

Kate Simmons
05-22-2006, 06:51 AM
I prefer being with people who accept me. A lot of times, however, I prefer being alone, especially when I'm trying a new look or some new outfit. It gives me a little time to reflect and be inventive. Ericka

TGMarla
05-22-2006, 07:07 AM
I enjoy time by myself whether I'm using it to dress up or not. I spend plenty of time around others, so I relish my opportunities to be alone and enjoy the peace and quiet. When I am able to use this time to dress without interruption, well, that's the icing on the cake.

Karren H
05-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Well more time alone to dress would always be welcome. With work, family, and ice hockey I have very little time alone except for business trips. So my Just-in-Time crossdressing keeps me doing between trips or enfemme shopping ventures!! Guess your lucky to have the free time to dress but then that's life. Got to go with what your dealt!! Hehehe

Love Karren

Teresa Amina
05-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Much, much better to have the time to relax in Teresa Mode than when I was rushing about trying to not get caught. Don't think I could live with anyone now that didn't know about Me.

RikkiOfLA
05-22-2006, 09:51 AM
I had lots of solitude in my twenties, before I got married. Plenty of time alone with my latest feminine treasures, and my feelings of guilt, shame, and fear that someone (anyone!) would discover me--peek through a window, check out my trash, etc.

The guilt, shame, and fear destroyed the pleasure of solitude for me back then. :frown:

Since I've been married, my wife has known, and been accepting. Which for me has been much better! Since someone knew, and accepted, the guilt and purging are a thing of the past. And after a few years, I started going out in public dressed. The shame is gone--people genuinely accept (and like!) me as a woman. I have more friends than ever. It's wonderful!

When I have a few minutes for solitude now, I get on the computer and write to friends, as I'm doing right now! A little longer time, and I'll put on femme (but practical clothes) and do some chores.

To be honest with you, I much prefer it this way.

Rikki

gennee
05-22-2006, 06:03 PM
I love the solitude of being dressed en femme when no one is around.

Gennee

Jodi
05-22-2006, 08:05 PM
I have lived alone for the past 6 years, and i love it. Yes, I can dress anytime I want to, but that is only part of it. I just enjoy having my space to myself.

Jodi

Barb Valentine
05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
I have the best of both worlds
I love my wife very much I love the time spend together
And she gives me all the space I need ( she works Midnights)

julie w
05-23-2006, 04:52 PM
I was married for 20years now I live alone ,my own bank account my own
pictures on the wall and dress as much as I want and love it ,

Mona
05-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Like others when I was married I craved alone time. Now I enjoy it but would also enjoy the company of someone who accepts.

Bernice
05-24-2006, 12:11 AM
I've been unemployed for nine months. I would have enjoyed all the solitude during the day with the wife at work. Unfortunately I took my brain-injured brother in, and he is a handful.

Make a long story short: I love my solitude - never get enough - love that my wife visits her folk for an entire week.

Darn - I just got a good job offer. Oh well, back to commuting and long hours and even less time for Bernice. At least it is only a temporary job.

Cathy J
05-24-2006, 04:58 AM
I've dressed alone all my life. (And that's a long time) I enjoy my solitude so that I may do and dress as I see fit and only have to answer to the woman in the mirror. Sounds selfish? So be it. I dress for me.

And I mean "Dress". No pants of any variety, except panties of course.

Lotsa love,

pedebra
05-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Being married and having what amounts to a two job career leaves me with very little solitude;thus, the moments that I do get are very precious to me.
I enjoy them by getting in something comfortably enfemme and sitting on the deck listening to the birds as I watch the squirrels and whatever critters are about.

Veronica E. Scott
05-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Ah Solitude,what a wonderful thing.
My wife works every other saturday and this gives me the opportunity to be Veronica and do what ever she wants which is usually house work or shopping
my wife knows and does not like it and also knows that when she is at work I am dressed,love solitude.

Betty H
05-24-2006, 05:52 AM
The solitude is welcome so that I may dress when desired .However the more I dress the more I would like to find some accepting people to socialize with. I find myself turning down "his" opportunities to socialize sometimes so that "she" can have a day to herself.

VERONICARH
05-24-2006, 06:06 AM
Solitude, that all I have since I'm still in closet. Would love to meet some one to share this way of life if only for a short time. This forum has really made me feel better about myself. KNOWing there are so many like me out there in this world makes life better.

wendy
05-24-2006, 09:28 AM
when I was younger, I was single and still lived with my parents. Since my parents worked, it afforded me a generous amount of time being alone and I used most of that time to dress up.

Initially I raided my mom's closet, but when I began to grow a little too big for her clothing I started to buy my own, and amassed a huge collection of clothing. I didn't really have to worry about being found out as I knew the time my parents would be home and budgetted my CDing episodes around that.

Now that I am no longer single, I don't have that luxury of solitude anymore. The mrs. used to be enrolled in evening classes but she has long since finished those. So I take whatever time I can get, even if it is 2 hours I will still dress up (partially).:happy:

Siobhan Marie
05-24-2006, 04:30 PM
I live alone too, I can dress when I want and for as long as I want. I love the peace and quiet as well.

:hugs: Anna x