PDA

View Full Version : help with toenails needed

dawnmcdaniels
05-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Like some of you girls I have worn acrylic french toenails for over a yer. Next week in the US it is Memorial day and that means we have been invited to go boating with a large group. Any Idea of how to hide the pink and white french toes without removing the acrylic. Has anyone tried to paint a nuteral color on them or do I try white first then a tan and if so what brand and shade for a natural look. I could wear shoes all week but I am hoping one of you girls has an answer.....Help!!!

kimmigir1
05-22-2006, 03:19 AM
one of my good friends is in cosmetology school ill run it by her to see if you can , ill get back to you in a pm tomorrow seeing as its 1:20 am and it would be rude to call this late ^_^

CharlaineCadence
05-22-2006, 03:37 AM
I have learned that it's all in how you make it. I have been having my toes done for a long time. Even for all 12 years in the military. People would ask and I would just say i like to take care of myself. That worked very well. If you cant to this then swim shoes wiould work very well as well as boat shoes.

kiss kiss
char

DanaJ
05-22-2006, 05:15 AM
Dawn, we have shared many nail stories in the past, I think your best bet would be to soak off the acrylic toes, and then get them redone afterwards. I think any polish will be visible, and then you would have to explain why you are wearing polish AND acrylic toenails :) I have had to remove/file down my nails at certain times in the past, when I absolutely did not want a confrontation when an important event came up.....

It's not a big deal to soak them off, and it will be fun to get them done all over again ;)

dawnmcdaniels
05-22-2006, 07:05 AM
soak them off ????Gasp !!! I couldnt go a weekend without them....No No No acetone bad !!! polish good!!!

DonnaT
05-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Paint them black and go for the goth look.

Cherry Lynn
05-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Like some of you girls I have worn acrylic french toenails for over a yer. Next week in the US it is Memorial day and that means we have been invited to go boating with a large group. Any Idea of how to hide the pink and white french toes without removing the acrylic. Has anyone tried to paint a nuteral color on them or do I try white first then a tan and if so what brand and shade for a natural look. I could wear shoes all week but I am hoping one of you girls has an answer.....Help!!!
Sounds like they would be so pretty, why would you want to hide them?

JoAnnDallas
05-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Get a pair of the those water shoes. My wife and I use them all the time to protect our feet from rocks and stuff while swiming. The look cool while on deck of a boat or ship too. Should hide your toes just fine.

kimmigir1
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Paint them black and go for the goth look.

that could work , and as for my cosmetology friend says "it is possible" so yeah but i say just take them off , i mean then you can get them all done over imagine the fun of that :P

Jillian310
05-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Gee, I never thought of getting acrylic on my toes! Hmm.

steffie39
05-24-2006, 10:08 PM
My 0.02

Maybe you can use a non-acetone based polish remover to remove any polish but leave the acrylic intact. Then after the event you can repaint?

dawnmcdaniels
05-25-2006, 09:23 PM
The white and pink are the actual color of the acrylic so I cant remove it. I keep a clear on to protect them but other than that it is permanent..( see avatar)..I was thinking of painting a nuteral oner them but after 3 coats the white still beams through. I got a pair of boat shoes so Ill hope that works for the weekend. If not Ill be the talk of the Red Neck Riviera at the Ft. Pierce Inlet.

toering63
05-26-2006, 06:20 AM
Dawn I have already been the talk of the rednecks in eastern IL.Takes a while to get over, but their my toenails and I'll color them if I want.

dawnmcdaniels
05-30-2006, 07:13 AM
well the weekend went great...The boat shoes worked...at least at the beach. When we got to the hotel with our close friends I still hid them. Then at the picnic area down by the pool around about 10 people one of the wives brought up how the sand was killing her feet and that she needed a pedicure when she returned. talk then started among the women on how great pedicures feel. some of the husbands chirped in on how they go get them with their wives as well. to make a long story short.....They loved my toes !!!!!