PDA

View Full Version : Swimwear

CaptLex
05-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Summer is almost here (well, in the northern hemisphere) and I'm an avid beachgoer, but I have no idea what I'm going to wear to the beach this year. :strugglin I don't want complete coverup because I'd like to get some color, but I refuse to wear a woman's swimsuit this year. :nono: Does anyone have any suggestions? Note: In case it's unclear, this question is open to all members.

Marla S
05-22-2006, 02:12 PM
What about some shorts and a tank top ?

Kieron Andrew
05-22-2006, 02:22 PM
i had the same problem the other day, i joined a gym and really wanted to go in the pool, but there is NO WAY on earth im wearing a girls costume!!, so I bought a guys pair of swimming shorts and wore a sports bra that has lycra in it!, i wont have to after my top surgery but that was a compromise til then

CaptLex
05-22-2006, 04:12 PM
You know . . . that sounds do-able. I think some shorts and a sports bra, with a tank top or tank T over it, might work. Couldn't do the tank without the bra, but I can see that combo. Of course, it would be great to be able to go without the tank and the bra altogether :p , but I think this will work for now. Thanks, kids.

Petrina CD
05-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Find a nude beach and wear what you want. My wife feels uncomfortable in a swimmsuit so she wears board shorts over her suit on the bottom and maybe a tank over the top that she can take off if she gets too hot .

Petrina cd

Kieron Andrew
05-22-2006, 07:02 PM
You know . . . that sounds do-able. I think some shorts and a sports bra, with a tank top or tank T over it, might work. Couldn't do the tank without the bra, but I can see that combo. Of course, it would be great to be able to go without the tank and the bra altogether :p , but I think this will work for now. Thanks, kids.
yup that is exactly what i did the sports bra and tank top, no on batted an eyelid

Abraxas
05-22-2006, 10:57 PM
I wear a sleeveless "razor" surfshirt... It's really thin spandex and helps flatten ya out a tad as well. It's also really super stretchy (I think it's almost entirely made of spandex) so you can pull it down almost to your knees! They sell 'em at Walmart... I wear that with surf shorts. :-)

Marlena Dahlstrom
05-22-2006, 11:10 PM
I'd try some surf shorts and a t-shirt (perhaps sleeve-less), particularly if it's a darker color. Guys will do that to avoid getting sunburnt -- although that sort of conflicts with your goal of gettings some color. As others have said, a tank top could work too.

CaptLex
05-23-2006, 09:49 AM
I wear a sleeveless "razor" surfshirt... It's really thin spandex and helps flatten ya out a tad as well. It's also really super stretchy (I think it's almost entirely made of spandex) so you can pull it down almost to your knees! They sell 'em at Walmart... I wear that with surf shorts. :-)
I like the idea of the spandex helping to flatten things out, but I wonder if it might be too hot in the sun - you know, non-breathing material? Lord knows I sweat a lot . . . althought swimsuit material is spandex-y also, isn't it? Might work - thanks, Abraxas.

Marlena, a sleeveless shirt would work just as well as a tank, I think. Although I'd probably get more sun with the tank. All good suggestions.

~Dee~
05-23-2006, 10:00 AM
pity you cant go in for the surfing crowd ..
i know over here (land of surfing doods) you can get a wetsuit thats cut pretty high on the leg and then at the shoulders .. wetsuit material doesnt stretch much and so they would really be good for keeping everything still and yet you would still get any colour you might want.

plus they are stylish and keep you warm in the water too :happy:
we have them all over here, dont know if you know what im talking about or not :p ... but thats my suggestion.

or if you dont want to whole thing i know i had some swimming trunks that were made from the same material .. and i know ive seen tops of the same stuff around .. but i dont know how well these would work, cause they wouldnt have the anchoring as the full suit would.

just try not to 'wipeout' .. or use other surfing lingo. :D

CaptLex
05-23-2006, 10:20 AM
pity you cant go in for the surfing crowd ..
i know over here (land of surfing doods) you can get a wetsuit thats cut pretty high on the leg and then at the shoulders .. wetsuit material doesnt stretch much and so they would really be good for keeping everything still and yet you would still get any colour you might want.

plus they are stylish and keep you warm in the water too :happy:
we have them all over here, dont know if you know what im talking about or not :p ... but thats my suggestion.

or if you dont want to whole thing i know i had some swimming trunks that were made from the same material .. and i know ive seen tops of the same stuff around .. but i dont know how well these would work, cause they wouldnt have the anchoring as the full suit would.

just try not to 'wipeout' .. or use other surfing lingo. :D

Dee,

I hadn't thought of that. How sweaty are these things? It's a real concern of mine since I tend to overheat (it's not pretty). :p

~Dee~
05-23-2006, 10:40 AM
we used to wear full wetsuits all the time when we went prawning or crabbing .. and i neer had any problem .. and i was running all over the place, dragging things.

they really as neato in their construction, i find.
if you are looking to have the cool wind on your back, then its not going to work - it pretty much stops that .. but i never found them to be overly sweaty or hot.
but if you are worried about overheating, you could always wear the tank top underneath and then you could unzip a bit to let the coolness come in ..

the only thing about them is that they are rigid in their making .. so if you let your body go limp you will look like you are on the rack of some clothes store, like wearing a shirt youve forgotten to take the hanger out of :happy: .. but it can be fun.

you can get ones that zip up in front and from behind .. behind is more popular because then when you are tummy down on a board, you arent pushing the zipper imprint into your skin .. but i had one that was frontal zipper and it was nice to be able to open it up for a bit when i wanted to sit in a chair and not look like the tinman :D

CharlaineCadence
05-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Since I began my transition I was worried about what I could where when I surf. The surf shop that I goes to was very helpful in helping me find a good surf suit. And the one I worn as a man still can be worn as a woman their very unisex. as for sweaty. I find them cooler more then hot. but if I get hot from not being in the water I just unzip and pull the top off like a coat and let it hang. you can where a sports bra and tank under it and noone is going to care really. but the mens and womens come in high cut and low cut and most are afforable. Or you could doo shorts with a neopring vest that huugs prity tight. they are a little warm but get more comfertable as you use them.

hear are a few links that I shop from.

http://www.surfwearhawaii.com/

http://www.isurfing.com/sites.pl/1710/Exceed

http://www.isurfing.com/sites.pl/1105/GoSurfNeoprene --this place has the vests i was teelling you about

hope these help

kiss kiss
char

gennee
05-23-2006, 08:02 PM
At this stage of my life, a one piece is appropriate. :D

Gennee

Abraxas
05-24-2006, 12:38 AM
I like the idea of the spandex helping to flatten things out, but I wonder if it might be too hot in the sun - you know, non-breathing material? Lord knows I sweat a lot . . . althought swimsuit material is spandex-y also, isn't it? Might work - thanks, Abraxas.

The thing I've got is actually much thinner material than a swimsuit. Hell, you may even be able to tan right through it. It's sportswear so it won't get hot-- it's not designed for swimming; it's designed more for biking and stuff-- it lets a lot of air in. :)
Here's what it looks like (modeled by yours truly, haha):
http://photos-083.facebook.com/n12/40/75/29003762/n29003762_30127083_3184.jpg
http://photos-086.facebook.com/ip001/v12/40/75/29003762/n29003762_30127086_4229.jpg

CaptLex
05-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Looking good, Abraxas! Wish I had a body like that. That actually looks pretty comfortable, and not sweaty at all.

Lex, what does the swim shirt look like, exactly? Is it like a tank-type shirt or something like Abraxas has in the pics?

Char, thanks for the links. Those look really cool. I'd have to figure out my size, etc., but it looks do-able.

CharlaineCadence
05-25-2006, 07:20 AM
no problem. glade they helped

Kieron Andrew
05-25-2006, 07:55 AM
abraxas i like the idea of what your wearing in those pics, can you tell me where i can buy em!

CaptLex
05-25-2006, 08:46 AM
The shirt is this sort of thing: http://www.cwear.com.au/images/MENSNAVYYELLOWSWIMSHIRT-JE129.jpg
And I wear a sports bra underneath.
Cool! Thanks. Going to check out that site now. :D

Abraxas
05-26-2006, 02:30 AM
abraxas i like the idea of what your wearing in those pics, can you tell me where i can buy em!
Ooh, not sure... I get mine at Walmart, of course you haven't got those in the UK... They'd probably have them at walmart.com though, not sure if they'll ship internationally though.

Deborah
05-26-2006, 03:02 AM
Oh well since it's open to everyone. :D
I wish i could wear a one piece to the swimming pool. I totally feel like such a geek with male swim trunks on.

Oh and Abraxas get a haircut boy!! ;)

http://photos-086.facebook.com/ip001/v12/40/75/29003762/n29003762_30127086_4229.jpg

Tina Dixon
05-26-2006, 06:24 AM
0.02 Can't help you here, don't do the beach, but Abraxas has a good look to him.

Abraxas
05-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Haha-- I got a haircut shortly after I came back... Needs a trim already though. Short hair grows so damn fast...

Bridget
05-27-2006, 02:37 PM
That's difficult...hmmm

I remember that men that are olympic swimmers often wear bodysuits...but I don't think many people go to the beach in those. And they're expensive too.

I think what you're wearing in the pics are great though, boardshorts or trunks with a swimshirt or rashguard.

Crossdressing and the beach works well if you're a surfer. Both genders wear tight fitting body suits, and you can easily fit stuff undeneath to flatten certain areas, and enhance others.

NightFox87
05-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Just some trunks and a tank could work just fine.

scott55410
06-24-2006, 06:53 AM
damn abraxas....cute picture's....not sure if ya like MTF'z thou....for all the MTF'z id go with a tight sports bra WHITE with the wife beater thang

Kirchein
06-24-2006, 03:15 PM
(today im bored sry)

just a little stupid question...is there a kind of "bikini" that instead of mms panties? has something like a male swim trunk but for females?

ooh another question....I´ve found out (WOAAH) that there are men´s board shorts and woman´s board shorts...the first ones are for swimming but the seconds one...¿?¿?

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PRODUCT&PROD_ID=1860455&cid=93207&fp=F

are they a mans swimsuit for woman? :S

(i need an aspirin)