PDA

View Full Version : Nail strengthener

Wenda
05-22-2006, 01:26 PM
When I was at the spa two weeks ago for a chest waxing (disappointing, lots of ingrown hairs) I asked about something to strengthen my nails. I have tried the "hard as hoof", the teflon nail polish, all with disappointing results. The ladies sold me a 15 ml bottle of Gerlan. It appears to have been made in Germany. The bottle has a dropper applicator. You put a drop on each nail and rub it in. Marvellous! I haven't had more than 8 nails at any one time in the past two years. When I started using the Gerlan, both my thumbnails were broken down to the quick. not only painful, but really hard to use your BlackBerry! I have 10 complete nails! They are getting to the length where I can shape them! yahoo!

Kristen Kelly
05-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Where did you purchase it I suffer for the same problem of broken nails. I did find this on the Gerlan web site is it the same.

Jodi
05-22-2006, 07:58 PM
I use OPI "Nail Envy". It is clear and works well to add strength to my nails. After the initial application, I add another coat every other day. At the end of a week, I remove it and start over.

Jodi

Wenda
05-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Sorry Kristen, that looks different, although who knows. That looks like it has a brush like nail polish, this just has a white cover that pops off to expose the dropper. This says "Gerlan", Negelpflege/ Nailcare / Soins d'ongle"I bought it at a little day spa here locally. I spent the day removing 100 year-old plumbing, and replacing it with abs plastic. Caught myself using my thinbnails as scrapers a time or two, but not one broken nail. I am going to soak and try to get my hands looking presentable again.Having thumbnails to type on my blackberry is a real treat. One other thing I have learned, I rub the ends of my nails often, and if I feel any snags, I sand them off right away. I keep a couple of sticks in my desk at work, a couple in my truck one on my nightstand, and a package in the bath. If you can't find it, let me know, and I will ask the spa owner who the distributor is.

JamieTG
05-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Wenda I've had very good luck with Nutri Nail "Maximum Nail Hardener". My nails are extremely long and I only break about one a year.
Jamie

DonnaT
05-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Gerlan" "Nagelpflege"

Product information
With fragile foot and fingernails and for the support of the präparativen treatment of Nagelmykosen. Nail growth promotes. Gerlan nail care contains a high portion wheat germ oil with Vitamin E and other one develop built up, furthermore active components of the ethereal oil of the chamomile in a solution with optimal net and spreading effect.

Use of Gerlan nail care
Rub daily Gerlan in nail care in nails and surrounding skin portions.

Contents materials of Gerlan nail care
Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl of Palmitate, Cocamide Dea (derived from coconut oil), Triticum Vulgare (wheat germ), Laureth-2, Bisabolol (camomile), Parfum, Undecylenamide Mea (fungicide). (Where's the vitaman E?)

Manufacturer Gerlan nail care/selling through:
Eduard Gerlach GmbH, Luebbecke

Look up the ingredients on the net
http://www.gina.antczak.btinternet.co.uk/CU/ING.HTM
http://www.ulta.com/control/qa_ingredients;jsessionid=2iuh5a2xownb

Similar product
http://www.thinknatural.com/products/115498/Gehwol-med-Protective-Nail-and-Skin-Oil-15ml.htm

Wenda
05-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Thx Donna, that is impressive.

Rachel Ann
05-24-2006, 01:27 AM
Sally Hansen "Hard as Nails" (clear polish) works quite well for me.

JoAnnDallas
05-24-2006, 08:11 AM
I used to have real bad nails, but now that I have acrylics, no more bad nails. LOL