PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Shoes Through Amazon/others online

Joanie
05-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Anyone ever buy shoes through the mail, especially from Amazon. I have looked for a pair of Life Stride sling back closed toe low heels in 9.5 medium and can't find them in the department stores. Of course, it is hard to shop in them when you show up in a coat and tie at the end of the work day, worrying about someone from the office walking by and seeing you trying them on or "sizing" them against your foot! If I order through the mail, will they show up in a standard size shoe box that screams "Shoes" to my wife (she knows but doesn't want to talk about it anymore, has gotten to the point that she pretends this doesn't exist in my life) if she gets the box before me???

Rikkicn
05-22-2006, 06:58 PM
I've ordered from Zappos.com and they ship in a box with there name on it. Not sure how to help you.

rikki

Phoebe Reece
05-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Most of my shoes have come from mail order places like Zappos, Shoe Mall, etc. just because it is hard to find size 12 M shoes in the style and price I like in the local stores (and I have looked). They do show up in a shoe box. If seeing the box arrive at your home presents a problem, why not go to the UPS store or somewhere similar and set up a P.O. Box there. You can pick up your stuff when it is convenient to you without worrying about someone else seeing the package.

Jenna1561
05-22-2006, 07:48 PM
While I do not like to foster deceit (there's enough of that in my closet), you might try renting a Post Office box for such deliveries.

And BTW I love Zappos - they have a fabulous 365-day return policy. Hope I do not offend anyone by proviiding a link to them.

http://www.zappos.com/welcome3.zhtml?0522

Jenna

anonjulz
05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Zappos.com is the best. They have a fab return policy, plus they have such a diverse selection. Plus, if you are ever in Kentucky... It is well worth the trip to their warehouse showroom. Located just off of exit 116 on I-65, it has sizes ranging from women's 4 thru 15 IN STOCK in the store. It is the Mecca of shoe shopping!!:thumbsup: :)

rachellenicole
05-22-2006, 10:25 PM
I've had good luck buying shoes at "Shoes On A Shoe String", I do not know if they are in other cities or just a local chain.

Good luck

Rachelle

saturnion
05-23-2006, 01:12 AM
I bought from snaz75 they shipped it in brown paper with just there name on it. Good buying experiace.

Siobhan Marie
05-23-2006, 04:44 PM
I bought my shoes from a seller on eBay UK called Miss Discreet and she is that, discreet, they came plainly wrapped, only she and I knew what was in there and I can't recommend her enough.

:hugs: Anna x

ErikaLeigh
05-23-2006, 04:52 PM
I buy from Ebay, and Payless. After doing a few mail orders from them, I got bold and started ordering them and having shipped to a payless store near me. They are shipped free that way, and I havn't had any strange reactions from the ladies that work there, well there was this one that smiled when she saw what I was picking up, but it was that smile that kinda said "Cool". And yes I am a shoe fiend :D

suzanne claire
05-23-2006, 05:14 PM
I have used Zappos.com as they provide the very best service and have an excellent return policy.Their selection and pricing is also wonderful.:hugs:

Joanie
05-23-2006, 05:32 PM
I bought my shoes from a seller on eBay UK called Miss Discreet and she is that, discreet, they came plainly wrapped, only she and I knew what was in there and I can't recommend her enough.

I was beginning to think I had really asked a stupid question, hoping for shoes in something other than what appears to be a shoe box, and then saw your message. Wonder if she sells to the states? Anyway, at least for today, things may have worked out as I found this pair of LifeStride sling backs with two inch heels at a department store near here. They never had my size (6.50 M) or color, I was afraid I was going to run them crazy calling, dropping by (they had to KNOW they were for me) but today finally got it, settlling for Wild Rice color rather than the White I was after. Didn't see anyone I know and paid with cash, thus avoiding the danger of saleswoman knowing someone I know. I will say this, LifeStride is very comfy.

Karren H
05-23-2006, 06:38 PM
I always buy locally because then I make sure they fit before I buy and then don't have the shipping problem!! Else I would ship them to work if I had to.

Love Karren

Siobhan Marie
05-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I was beginning to think I had really asked a stupid question, hoping for shoes in something other than what appears to be a shoe box, and then saw your message. Wonder if she sells to the states? Anyway, at least for today, things may have worked out as I found this pair of LifeStride sling backs with two inch heels at a department store near here. They never had my size (6.50 M) or color, I was afraid I was going to run them crazy calling, dropping by (they had to KNOW they were for me) but today finally got it, settlling for Wild Rice color rather than the White I was after. Didn't see anyone I know and paid with cash, thus avoiding the danger of saleswoman knowing someone I know. I will say this, LifeStride is very comfy.

Joanie, you can but ask hon, go to http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Miss-Discreet
her name is Julie and she lives in the North of England if that helps you

Joanie
05-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks, Anna, I will have to send her an email and sound her out.

Annabel
05-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Cinderella Shoes for me. Based in Ireland. I'm in England and I've ordered five times. Once I had to return a pair as too large, but the other four orders have fit very well and I love wearing them. I'm a 10 in men's and a 9 or 9.5 in Cinderella's sizes. They are the genuine article - I've got real suede and leather boots with nice 3 inch heel. Much of their footwear is made in Italy - il piu paese per il stylo.

Siobhan Marie
05-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks, Anna, I will have to send her an email and sound her out.

Thats no problem Joanie, only too glad to help

MandaBoston
05-26-2006, 07:39 PM
I've always had good luck on ebay. I'm a size 14, and there's usually some funky stuff.