PDA

View Full Version : Question about dressing and driving in Australia/Many Thanks

Margaret Dokic
05-23-2006, 02:39 AM
Hi girls just wanted to know is there any girls out there from melbourne australia that could tell me am i able to drive a car when dressed or is it against the law to do so

regards margaret.

~Dee~
05-23-2006, 03:34 AM
hiya.
welcome to the forum.
im not in melbourne, we are in perth ... but id say that that laws would be about the same.

from what we were told from a officer here who deals with the special cases and minorities.. its not an offense to dress. its not considered hiding your identity or anything like that ..

we live near an area that is used frequently by the police for random breath testing .. and ive been stopped umm ... 4 times i think now .. while ive been in girl mode .. and its not been a problem at all.
i guess its like anything else.. so long as you are polite and not doing anything stupid, why would they even give you a second thought?
:happy:

FionaAlexis
05-23-2006, 04:03 AM
Hi Margaret,

No, it isn't illegal to drive your car dressed. I have been driving around since the '70s here and never had a problem.

In fact, I think that it would contravene the Equal Opportunities Act for the police to harass you while driving your car dressed.

This is EOCV's Gender Identity brochure.

http://www.equalopportunitycommission.vic.gov.au/default.asp?nc=3535&id=158

Fiona xx

ps perhaps print off a copy of the brochure and keep it in your bag if you are concerned.

Karren H
05-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Probably like everywhere else, if your not trying to hide your true identity then its not a problem. If pulled over for a traffic violation just give them your ID and tell them you crossdress. Most police forces get training on these issues! And I find that Karren is a much better and safer driver than is her male alterego!! Hehehe. Wonder why???

Either she doesn't want to get pulled over or the longer she can remain enfemme the better. Or Both!!

Love Karren

Margaret Dokic
05-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Thanks to all the girls that helped me with my question re/ driving when dressed
love to all margaret.

Ally
05-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Hi Margaret, I'm also from Melbourne and drive as Ally quite often. While It's always nerveracking being stopped by the police being dressed isn't a problem. I think it was about 35 or so years ago.

anastephens
05-28-2006, 05:10 AM
It may be illegal to drive in the nude, but dressed, no problem. The police must treat you with respect in the gender you present yourself in.

trannie T
05-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Be careful! They drive on the wrong side of the road!

Lisa OZ
05-29-2006, 03:35 AM
I always think a gal looks great when driving when she wears Chanel & a sexy pair of heels, but maybe that's just me. The police here are pretty tolerent of Transgender folk. I think they have more problems with the local Yoofs driving like madmen when stoned.

Living in the fast lane, honking my hooter

Lisa xx

Deanna2
05-29-2006, 06:02 AM
I think most of sort of things are illegal only if you get caught.

suspender
06-30-2006, 10:58 PM
margaret - just found this thread and decided to reply. I have driven very frequently here over the last couple of months while completely dressed-up. Got spotted by some blokes in a four wheel drive near home at first one day, which then gave me the confidence to drive some more. There is nothing in the victorian legislation to stop you driving en femme as most of the others have said. If you get pulled over, it depends on your identity and whether the police member can ascertain the identity of the person driving compared to the driver's licence produced - which is easy enough to do. have fun - sus.