PDA

View Full Version : Hobby?

Stephanie Kay
05-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Hi, girls!

I was wondering if anybody views CDing as a hobby. My wife tolerates my crossdressing as a hobby, a very passionate hobby, but a hobby nonetheless. Since she doesn't want to participate with me as Stephanie, I go away on weekends to dress and have my feminine fun. She deals with it as if I were going away doing something more manly like hunting or golfing. She just views it as wearing special clothes for the activity, like hunters wear hunting clothes and golfers wear golfing clothes and spendng time with male friends who have similar interests. She also knows that I am passionate about it and could not live without doing it, but isn't this similar to other men who are passionate about their hobbies? What do you think?

Toni
05-23-2006, 10:32 AM
I have to say that I view my TVism as a hobby. A one that that is with me almost every waking moment but a hobby nontheless. Really how can it be anything else, it is harmless, lots of fun, very time consuming and, expensive - of course it's a hobby.

Karren H
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Stephanien

Yeah, I also view my crossdressing as a hobby although my wife doesn't. Just like my ice hockey, I wear specific gear for it as I do for being Karren. And I'm passionate about both crossdressing and ice hockey and don't plan to give either up!! It would be a tough choice if I had to give up one. Lol. Maybe crossdressing hockey player on a girls powderpuff team. Hehe

Love Karren

Marla S
05-23-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't consider it as a hobby, though there are some parallels.
Over the years I had several hobbys. None which couldn't be exchanged by something different. Only "hobby" that didn't change ... well you know.

Megan G
05-23-2006, 10:48 AM
I also view my CD'ing as a sort of hobby. SInce I am out of the closet now with my very loving and approving wife when I explained it to her I used a few words to describe it and hobby was one of them.

She seemsed to understand it/me better when I described it as a "sort of Hobby".

Billijo49504
05-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Well I guess, if that's the definition of hobby, I'd have to say it my hobby too. I sometime combine my hobbies. I wear lingerie while I'm out shooting and definately while camping. Part of the motorhome closet has my fem things.
I've had a strange question come to mind. Does Karen combine here CD'ing with ice hockey?:rolleyes: OK, so I have a demented mind today. Well maybe every day.....:hugs: BJ

Breanne
05-23-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't consider it as a hobby, though there are some parallels.
Over the years I had several hobbys. None which couldn't be exchanged by something different. Only "hobby" that didn't change ... well you know.
I'm with Marla on this one. Yes, in many ways it's like a hobby, but in one essential way it's different. I've had many different hobbies over the years, remain proficient at some of them even today, but most of them were replaced with some other hobby or lost interest over the years. But CD'ing remains constant, sometimes stronger, other times weaker, but always there. In this, it's so different from a hobby.

DonnaT
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I can drop a hobby, no problem, but can't stop CDing. So, no, I don't consider it a hobby.

SherriePall
05-23-2006, 05:17 PM
I have referred to my CDing as a hobby. To which my wife exclaims, "I'd wish you'd get another hobby!" Ahhh, but is it fun?

suzanne claire
05-23-2006, 05:24 PM
I would not consider it a hobby but an avocation.Your wife has a very interesting view which we all hope other spouses would adopt,as it is healthy to have hobbies especially if they relieve stress.:)

azure
05-23-2006, 05:56 PM
dressing as a hobby.....er....oh ok....whats the coloquial term for it going to be, its going to be like an episode of monty python around here, or the fast show. Knowwhat I mean guvnor "oohhh what was that sir, nice frock, oooh suits you sir, oooooohhh, likes a bit of sport ohhhh suits you sir ooohhhh, just of an evening or a weekend sir.....call me lorreta but not infront of the milkman, ooohhhhh, suits you madam!"

Tracy_Victoria
05-23-2006, 05:58 PM
I Refer to my Dressing as a hobby as well, infact I often call it my strange hobby to my SO.

Ellie
05-23-2006, 06:02 PM
CDing is a hobby to me as well. Although it is a hobby with more drive behind it then my other ones.

Due to family issues I am going to have to go without dressing for the next couple of months so we'll see how long it takes before I start jonesing for an Ellie fix.

HaleyPink2000
05-23-2006, 06:32 PM
:D Cross dressing, being Female in appearance and actions. This is part of my mental make up. To call it a Hobby is not correct in my case. Since it’s my life style, my culture so to speak. I’m not male, and not female. I’m something caught in between. A Man that dresses like a Woman, and tries to be a female as much as possible. But I’m not a Trans Sexual. Also very “Heterosexual”, love women. Does that make me TG, a Cross Dresser? I’d say Yes! But it’s not my Hobby, to say the least. That just does not apply when it’s a culture and mental attitude. To call me female would be closer.

My day, retired. Get up SSS. Then dress en femme. Clean the house, dishes vacuum etc. Pay the bills. Feed animals and what ever needs done around the farm in the afternoon. Then prepare or help with meals. Clean up and dress femme for bed. That’s many days of my life now. Throw in some practice for playing music. Then going to the different venues around the area playing music, fishing, visiting family, and friends. You pretty much have my days and weeks calendar. There are some little Honey do sssss creep in, and some things my Mom or Daughter might need done. 0.02

Kate Simmons
05-23-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't view it as a hobby. More like a dual imperative. It's part of my overall personality as one or the other part of me is always in ascension according to my needs. My mind controls who I am when, although one will bleed over into the other as needed. It has a lot to do with my spiritual outlook as well, as I am into developing my personality as Ericka and am well past the "basics" and the "passing" stage. For me it is just an essential part of who I am, nothing more, nothing less. Take care, Ericka

bredalee25
05-23-2006, 07:24 PM
I have a hobby building model cars and big rigs. Crossdressing is a way of life for me to feel normal. I beleive I was supposed to be a woman and things got screwed up in the womb. So here I am trying to dress the way I feel. I feel feminine so I dress feminine.

So my answer is no I don't consider my CDing a hobby.

ttfn

annekathleen
05-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Not a hobby, just a part of me!

rhondasxycd
05-23-2006, 08:09 PM
i veiw my cross dressing, mostly as a hobby!!!

Laurie Ann
05-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Not a hobby, just a part of me!

I concur.

Teresa Amina
05-23-2006, 09:11 PM
"Hobby" makes it seem like a petty, live with it or without it sort of thing, and I tried living without it off and on through most of my life. Didn't work. The Inner Girl just won't be denied.

Scotty
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Not once did a salesperson ask me "Sooooo is that balsa wood for you or your wife/girlfriend.":blushing: I never had to secretively go in search of a propeller in "My Size"

:jumping: :jumping: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I can Sooooooooooooooooo relate to that!!!!!!!!!!
That was/is one of my hobbies!

CammyT
05-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Aloha,
Hobby, hmmm.... new Craftsman special, a torque wrench with a matching new lace thong with the craftsman logo in front! :p
Fixing up my truck, sports car and wife's car is a hobby, Cammy's the other side of my psyche!

Phoebe Reece
05-23-2006, 09:51 PM
I have to classify crossdressing as a hobby for me. It's a pretty intense one and not one that I could ever just quit, but my life doesn't revolve around it either.

Rachel Morley
05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
A hobby?......hummm....I do kinda get where you're coming from, and it is a very good way of putting it over to someone who doesn't really understand, but for me I'd have to say it's a bit more serious than a hobby. A hobby is what I used to tell myself it was before I accepted what it really actually is for me. It effects me emotionally too much to be a hobby, I'd have to say that (for me) it's an obsession that is an intergral part of who I am rather than a hobby. I know I can't be happy without it...but then perhaps I'm different than you.

Still, enjoy yourself and have fun with your hobby :)

Joy Carter
05-24-2006, 05:14 AM
A hobby ? Oh tiss to laugh ! It's me by god and I can't do a thing about it.

Mary Jane
05-24-2006, 07:53 AM
I also feel that it is a hobby although it goes deeper than that. Dressing is not all there is in my life but it is something I could definitely not do without. An integral part of my being at all times and only occasionally am I able to express it through my physically dressing.

TGMarla
05-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Like so many others who have answered here, I think it goes a little deeper than just a hobby. But I can see where one would easily group it in with things that are hobbies. It does have emotional aspects to it, and deeply rooted passions that make it more than what one would call a hobby. So my answer is both yes and no.