PDA

View Full Version : What Surprised You?

Jerry
11-17-2004, 05:02 PM
I've been dressing for a LLLLLOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time, but my access to clothing has been pretty limited. There are so many things in the catalogs and on the street I'd love to have. And when I have tried some things on in the past that I thought were "ordinary" I was pleasantly surprised by them.

For example, only in the last year have I really been wearing slacks. Be they jeans or dressier pants, I was very surprised by how much I liked them.

Same for something as simple as a basic girly tee. They fit differently, and with the right undies, they please me greatly.

What have you tried for the first time in the past (okay, other than EVERYTHING), that you were surprised by how much you liked it. (Or just the opposite, expected anything magic and get it on and say... "This makes me look fat!" :eek:

JennyCD
11-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Thongs. I really didn't think I'd like them But ohh I do.

Jill
11-17-2004, 06:02 PM
The entire experience! I never thought that it would run away with me like it has. But as far as clothing goes... the biggest surprise was when I put on pantyhose at about age 12 for the first time, I was blown away. Dress pants with a back zipper really surprised me, I like those a lot more than I ever thought I would.

ashley82
11-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Until recently I was indifferent to bras, mostly because I didn't have anything worthwile. I borrowed a friend's waterbra for halloween, and it was amazing. I may be hooked.

genevieve_ohara
11-17-2004, 07:55 PM
I just loved discovering how much fun it is to have long, beautiful hair.

How challenging it can be, how it can get tangled up, yet how fabulous it is when you toss your head and it lands just right.

Love

G

StephanieCD
11-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Dress pants with a back zipper really surprised me, I like those a lot more than I ever thought I would.

Yea, now that you mention it... that really WAS pretty hot for the first time. I never thought it would be but...

Hmm... what else? An anklet made me feel very sexy. And - oh! A choker... I always knew it'd feel sexy but I had no idea how much I'd like it. Not too tight, just snug and black... or *ehem* chrome ;)

DanaJ
11-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Every since my new nail tech put a set of gels on my nails, I can't believe how good they look. I find myself sneaking peeks at my hands several times a day. I know as a guy I shouldn't have such long beautiful nails, but I just can't bring myself to file them back now :)

DanaJ

Darby
11-17-2004, 10:26 PM
I too have been dressing for a long time. The first time I tried on a long wig...I was hooked with long hair and now I buy nothing else... but I have to say, I recently jumped into the shower with a pair of pantyhose on and to my surprise... WWWOOOOWWW! Warm water traveling down my shaved legs with pantyhose on! Girls, you all have to try it!

Wenda
11-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Interesting thread, never thought about this before...
1) bras: I love breasts, I love bras, never thought I would own 12.
2) shoes: I helped my gf move in July, she had about 100 bras (some of which she promised to me,,,,YIPPEE) and about 150 pairs of shoes...I was unsypathetic to the shoe collection...Since September I have aquired about 30 pairs! It is a frickin mental illness. today I got the leather and the vinyl thigh highs that won on Ebay in early October (customs delay), and was so excited I could hardly put them on!! good grief!! Boys have the best toys, but girls have the best shoes.
3) silk/satin: I promised my gf I wouldn't go shopping without her...like having the fricking fox guarding the chicken house, but, tonight, I walked by this absolutely marvellous black nightgown, IN MY SIZE, with a complimentary silky robe,, all for $19.99 CDN! and I didn't buy it!!!...maybe tomorrow...
4) jeans/pants: last week I/we bought 5 pairs of trousers, 1 grey dress, 1 mauve casual, 1 black velvet, 1 stretchy denim, 1 stretchy cordouroy... WOW!!
5) gloves: leather, satin, mesh, long, short, whatever...
6) makeup: someone painted my toenails last night... I forgive her... cool...started wearing some base...covers the red blotches and some of the scars... wear clear gel on my nails...trim my eyebrows... my g/f forbids me from buying makeup/lipstick until she is finished with her abandoned supply on me..
7) jewellery: the guy in this body doesn't even wear a fricking watch! no gold necklace, no wrist band, nothing, nada. I tend toward the Gothic a bit,, lots of black leather and silver
8) stockings: black knee-highs, thigh-highs, panty-hose, whatever..
9) shaving: shave my legs, tummy, chest, daily...love the feeling in my clothes..
10) hair...long, sexy, ....ooohhh...
11) did I mention boots? leather, vinyl...tight...sorry..

...other than those few items, nothing. wenda.

Sharon
11-17-2004, 10:38 PM
I guess I'm agreeing with Wenda here. It's not any one particular item, but everything! Jewelry, fuzzy socks, floral perfume, etc., etc., etc.,