PDA

View Full Version : Who takes "your" pictures?

annekathleen
05-25-2006, 04:55 PM
O.K, I've been coming here for some time now, and I always check the photo galeries for the pictures that you post and look so pretty in, but I have a question, who takes your pictures for you?
Some look like they may have been done with a timer and perhaps a tri-pod, but some, no doubtedly, look like you have another person there with you clicking away for some nice views and poses.
What works for you? I'd really like to know.
and.....p.s.....thanks!!!!

LaceyDee
05-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Good old timer and a tripod for me..Use a slower shutter speed so the image doesn't look too "flashy".

jillinla
05-25-2006, 05:08 PM
just learning how to work the camera - timer, etc

Sherlyn
05-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Mostly the 10 second timer ...and when Di is here she does the clicking :)

HaleyPink2000
05-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Either the Web cam or a timer on the camera. :D

Florence Tidji
05-25-2006, 05:16 PM
my girlfriend is always coming with me and she is taking all my pictures when we are going out. I feel very lucky!!!

Betty H
05-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Well I take my own pictures with a timer but with "his" camera.

Mary Jane
05-25-2006, 05:40 PM
The old timer and tripod for me too. I wish the focus did not lock when pressing the shutter button though. It makes getting good pics a bit tricky sometimes.

Keely
05-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Remote control and tripod. Have to be careful so the remote doesn't show in the picture. Luckily there is a short delay.

carol ann
05-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Me!

Toyah
05-25-2006, 05:49 PM
For me always self timed its not the only way but my wife is rubbish

cindybarnes
05-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Just me and my cam with timer here. Mine will still focus using the timer, but wish I had a remote.
The hardest pics yet were running in a wedding gown with a 6 ft train (trane) ?? to try and pose. Someday it would be nice to get help and try those again

Cindy

Tina Dixon
05-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Got a 10 second timer, but you know you just gave me a idea for a theme thread down the road:D

Rachel Morley
05-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Mostly my wife...but I do use the timer sometimes.

ava_bruna
05-25-2006, 07:15 PM
http://img101.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc124&image=02282_red_top_and_gray_pants_sitting_74.jpg

Wife is afraid of goofin up so i do my own cept my x bf did a couple , no you cant see them :D. huggie's, Ava.

Mona
05-25-2006, 07:48 PM
10 second timer and set the camera to take 5-6 shots, gives me time to pose and think!

Katrina
05-25-2006, 07:50 PM
I take most of my pictures in the stairway going down to my basement. I put the camera on a chair that I move to the top of the stairway and use a heavy object such as a candle to prop the camera up on its side. Then I use the 10 second timer and hope for the best. I need to buy a tripod or have the GF take them...

Sally24
05-25-2006, 07:58 PM
My wife does the outside shots when we're out and about but I use the timer and tripod indoors.

Hint for people without a tripod, use a bean bag or a bag of uncooked rice to put the camera on and adjust the position. It's not as good as a tripod, but it's stable and cheap!

I don't like the flash so I'm trying to make some of those light relfectors out of old umbrellas. I'll let you know if it works ok. Hate that red eye and glare off the make-up!

Fallen Angel
05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Most of the time tripod and timer but every now and than my so will do some picture taking xxx's

Lawren
05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
I do not have any pix posted right now but plan to in the near future.

I have always taken my own pix with a cam and tripod but may get held from my GF in the future.

MarinaTwelve200
05-25-2006, 08:34 PM
I take my OWN best pics MYSELF with a tripod mounted digital cam with a 10 sec timer.---BUT I practice the pose BEFORE I set the timer---and rush back and assume it--after I get it right.

I also place a large MIRROR just behind the camera-- so I can see what I look like as I cant see thru the camera when I am posing for it.

KirstyChibiMoon
05-25-2006, 08:45 PM
who takes your pictures for you?

hi annekathleen!
<curtsey>
my wife/mommie/mistress takes most of my pics :)
she is quite the shutterbug! <giggles>
last count i had like 17,000+ pics of me!
though ive never posted in the cd gallery here... i do keep 100's of pics online.... most can be linked via off my website:
http://www.geocities.com/kirstychibimoon/KirstyChibiMoon.html

or u can goto my galleries directly:
old gallery: http://community.webshots.com/user/kirstychibimoon

new gallery: http://community.webshots.com/user/kirstenchibiusamoon

some pics of my S.O. there but she's very camera shy
<giggles>

have a frilly day!

Billijo49504
05-25-2006, 11:47 PM
My wife does all of mine. Taht's why some of them are crocked..:D ..BJ

Deborah
05-26-2006, 02:33 AM
I take my own with a digital camera, stand and a 10 second timer :eek:
10 seconds is not long enough for a girl to find a good pose!!

Stormgirl
05-26-2006, 03:05 AM
The CIA *puts on tin foil hat*

EricaCD
05-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Remote control, tripod. The ratio of good pics is about 5X better than when I was using a timer, plus I'm not constantly scurrying back and forth. Like Marina I also try to put a mirror near the tripod, and sometimes I will plug the output of the camera into the input of a TV so that I can see what the onscreen image will look like.

It's a bit of a pain, but a lot less aggravating than discarding 98% of my photos. (Now I discard about 90% LOL).

Warning to people thinking of buying a camera with a remote: most remotes for digitals only control playback. There are only a couple models that have a remote shutter release. Check the specs carefully!

Erica

ronda
05-26-2006, 04:14 AM
i use my web cam:D :happy:

Sally2
05-26-2006, 04:18 AM
My wife most of the time. When out with friends one will always snap them off or our waitress will. Sally2

suzy
05-26-2006, 04:47 AM
Photos??? Wow...what a novel idea... I will have to try that! Once my wife took some, but they aren't good.......but another session is definitely in order...:D

jenny c
05-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Majority of them are taken using the self timer mode on the camera but on the odd occasion i am lucky to get my wife Alison to take a few.

TGMarla
05-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Tripod and timer? Hmmm.....my evil twin Skippy takes my pics!

Jenn2716
05-26-2006, 07:34 AM
I take my OWN best pics MYSELF with a tripod mounted digital cam with a 10 sec timer.---BUT I practice the pose BEFORE I set the timer---and rush back and assume it--after I get it right.

I also place a large MIRROR just behind the camera-- so I can see what I look like as I cant see thru the camera when I am posing for it.

Wow that mirror thing is a great idea. I'll have to try that sometime. I feel so awkward trying to pose. :(

I have used the 10second timer at times, but my wife has been great at taking my pic as well.

Sam-antha
05-26-2006, 07:41 AM
In a word "Timer", in fact it is my pet "Digi Cam's" timer.
One day, when I am .......... I will ask someone todo it fo me. A drunken stranger preferably. On second thoughts, a totally strange stranger.

Jenni'sGirl GG
05-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Hey everyone,

Jenni turns into quite the camera hog sometimes. *grins* I take pics for her and try to help with the poses. She seems to feel that she does not know how to stand but I think she looks great. I guess in time she will grow more confident. It has been quite fun at times and has even turned in to something a little more racy! Now those are some great pics! *grins even more*

The mirror trick is an awesome idea and I am sure will help a lot of girls.

ChristineRenee
05-26-2006, 08:54 AM
My pictures that are in my picture gallery here were all taken by my wife. My current avatar pic was taken by me from off of my webcam.:)

Tiffany Anne 9954
05-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Just me and my cam with timer here. Mine will still focus using the timer, but wish I had a remote.
The hardest pics yet were running in a wedding gown with a 6 ft train (trane) ?? to try and pose. Someday it would be nice to get help and try those again

Cindy

Been there done that:D
Thats how my avatar pic was taken. I had to make sure the train of the wedding gown looked right before the camera took the pic.

The spelling of--train----is correct:)

ava_bruna
05-26-2006, 11:31 AM
I like that idea of a mirror, good thinking, have to try that, ty, Huggie's, Ava

Janet_Johnson_cd
05-26-2006, 03:10 PM
I use the good old timer thingy too. ;)

maid phylis
05-26-2006, 03:17 PM
all my pictures are taken at cdi functions or in the cdi appartment by a member ,we always have someone with a camera and we all want to have our pictures taken.love phylisanne:love: :doll:

NatalieBliss
05-26-2006, 10:56 PM
me, my tripod, and my camera with a remote.

DawnRodgers
05-26-2006, 11:09 PM
A timer with the camera propped up on something (chair, dresser,bed, etc.) Trying to get some with my friends but they seem totally unprepared to take pics and the learning process seems to be a pretty steep curve.
Dawn

Connieminiskirts
05-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Well my sweet grandaughter DeeAnna took the very first pics of me ever! She was 11 then. she 16 now
Now my sweetheart, wife and best friend, Suzi takes 'em. That is when ever we think about the camera...............................

Caitlintgsd
05-27-2006, 12:07 AM
I usually have a friend take the pics when I'm out. I have a tripos but have never used it.

Debbie Kong
05-27-2006, 01:50 AM
A few pictures of me have been taken by others but the majority are produced by myself.

Years ago I took my first exposures using a 35mm GAF SLR. It had an eight second, wind up, exposure delay control and I used a Vivitar flash. Not having the courage to give my film to others I shot only B&W and developed and printed my own photographs.

Moving right along, in early 2001 I bought a (Now archaic) Canon Powershot G1 and it has proved itself to be a remarkable piece. At first I relied on the hand held remote device but, after it broke, I easily learned the best part about the system. Plug the camera into a USB port, select options from many menus, select number of exposures and the interval between (Minimum 10 seconds for my setup) and pose away gurl! Shoot 20 and check the results. Make adjustments. Shoot some more!

Oh yeah, I use a tripod too. A bean bag or handy bag of rice can always act as a camera mount in a pinch.

Good shooting!

Debbie

Get as much light as you can and let the camera adjust to it.

Cherry Lynn
05-27-2006, 02:57 AM
I use a camera with timer sometimes but my wife usually takes my pics. The one of my avatar was taken by my boyfriend along with several I cannot post, hehe.

Edwina
05-27-2006, 04:00 AM
Timer for me too but sometimes have problems with positioning camera. (to lazy to get the tripod out):o
Thanks for the bean bag tip Debbie. I have been taking photos for many years and never heard that one before.:thumbsup:
Edwina

jamie_44
05-27-2006, 05:57 AM
I take my own and from some of the pics it is quite obvious I have no clue about lighting, photography etc. I keep practicing anyway, and having fun.

Sabrina Flowers
05-27-2006, 06:16 AM
I take my own photos, timer and tripod methord. Need to practice with the camera settings though. Also need to work out the lighting thing to, only have a couple of places sutible to take pics were there is not to much clutter in the way.
Any experts out there like to share simple tips reguard lighting (natural from window) with us ??

KatieZ
05-27-2006, 07:03 AM
I set my camera on a tripod in front of a full length mirror. That way I can check my pose before the camera snaps the picture.

Hugs

Francine
05-27-2006, 10:17 AM
digital camera and tripod vote here too.

My wife is not the best photographer I've seen. And she never listens to me, you know. :rolleyes:
And yes, it is a bit of trick to set the timer, click and get composed in less than 10 seconds. I've deleted far more shots than I have kept. :sad:

Francine

Marlena Dahlstrom
05-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Timer and a tripod. I also position a standing mirror behind the tripod to help me (see more-or-less) what the camera sees.

Donna Delite
05-27-2006, 11:46 AM
I consider myself one of the lucky ones, my wife takes all my pics. She's almost as into my cd'ing as I am.

Bernice
05-29-2006, 12:51 AM

Cindy
Cindy,

Remember: we have the exact same E995 camera. I have the remote. At only 19 inches long, it isn't worth the money. It takes almost forever (3 minutes) to boot with a 128Mb chip, and it will not boot with my 512 Mb chip.

PM me before you come, but I'll work the camera for you anyday, totally for free of course.

Same goes for about anyone else with Cindy's good nature and pleasant personality. But I want to switch to mpeg mode and shoot video of Cindy running in her wedding gown! (Just kidding).

Melissa Ryan
05-30-2006, 07:08 AM
For me always self timed its not the only way but my wife is rubbish

You really need a BIG slap! She puts up with you under tables and suckin the carpet ya cow! Ya make sounds like a keg rollin down the stairs in the middle of the night!..............Poor Rosanne! :D :tongueout

Toyah
05-30-2006, 10:13 AM
You really need a BIG slap! She puts up with you under tables and suckin the carpet ya cow! Ya make sounds like a keg rollin down the stairs in the middle of the night!..............Poor Rosanne! :D :tongueout

She does she does but still takes rubbish pictures fingers over the lens, staring at it when the timer is on to get a nose shot etc