PDA

View Full Version : New makeover pix

DanaJ
11-17-2004, 08:33 PM
I just got back from my Wednesday night makeover, I was really pleased how the pix turned out. It was a lot of fun and - this is rare for me - I don't want to get changed back to drab.

Well, here is one of the pix, I will post more as I process them.....

DanaJ

EDIT: I am doing some photo cleanup, if you want to see these pix, please contact me at curiousguy128@yahoo.com or by Yahoo Messenger (user name curiousguy128)

StephanieCD
11-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Wow! Great job! I love the lips...

genevieve_ohara
11-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Baby you GOT IT!

You look amazing!!!

I LOVE IT!

Love

G

coral_s
11-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Fantastic picture - a very enigmatic look.

DanaJ
11-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Thanks all - here is another one. There is nothing like a nice professional salon makeover, I love them! The lady who does them for me always has an attitude change as the makeover progresses - by the end she is touching me more and getting closer, she says she just sees me as female the more she works on me :)

DanaJ

EDIT: I am doing some photo cleanup, if you want to see these pix, please contact me at curiousguy128@yahoo.com or by Yahoo Messenger (user name curiousguy128)

Wenda
11-17-2004, 10:07 PM
I think you posted something a while back about 'do I pass?' That was a good pic, this is great. Great hair, great eyes, cool "enigmatic" smile and, trickiest of all, great hands...I used to hate the quick little gymnastic guys...now I am starting to envy the really convincing girls...envy..envy..good job. wenda.

Sharon
11-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Absolutely fabulous Dana!

Sharon

Bonnie-OR
11-18-2004, 03:06 AM
Dana, the only word that comes to mind is STUNNING. Huggs, Bonnie

JoannaDees
11-18-2004, 03:21 AM
Fantastic Dana. Really like the first pic, the face and makeup and pose. And those boots in the second pic ... you lucky girl, you can fit the really nice ones!

Joanna

Celeste GG
11-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Just love the lipstick.. what was it...? hope you took notes. Your clothes and wig?

Wenda
11-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Celeste, I love those boots!!! wenda.

Wendy me
11-18-2004, 09:31 AM
dana you are just as cute as a peach , delish

Elinor
11-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Very nice indeed, love your lipstick nails & Jewelery.
Overall lovely yeah you pass.

tightsuk1969
11-18-2004, 10:10 AM
wow u look fab girl love yr nails and lipstick

only wish i looked that good :(

neil

Kath
11-18-2004, 11:08 AM
I love the look. It has always been my fantasy to have a complete makeover. What about when you have to return to drab, if you do, how did the makeover affect your looks? How did you find someone to do this for you? What kind of costs were involved? As you can see I have a lot of questions, no answers but a strong desire. If you don't want to answer these in the forum I sure would appreciate a PM.

You look absolutly great,

Hugs, Kath

babe4life
11-18-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi Dana,

Wow, you look really great in both photos. And, just in case someone was wondering, those boots are stunning.

You look GORGEOUS!

Love,
Vicky

Paula A
11-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi Dana;
Wow Nicely done, the lips hair and eyes do it.
You look great, love it!

But the best part is your smile, I can see your happy and thats greatest look of all.

LauraB
11-18-2004, 05:14 PM
:p

Dana you look fantastic and from the contented look on your face you are very happy

love Laura
:p

Julie
11-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Very nice Dana, your make over lady sounds great. :)

JJ

Amelie
11-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Dana, you have such a pretty face, I like the pics.
Amelie

racquel
11-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Dana you look great.i gotta say that again.as tony the tiger would say,you look greaaaat.

DanaJ
11-19-2004, 06:47 AM
I am sorry that I have been away for a couple of days, wow - thanks everyone for the very nice comments, I am blushing over here :) You girls are so nice - really! I wish I could tell you more about the makeup used, but my makeover lady just picks and chooses as she goes along. I do know that the lipstick was actually 3 different lipsticks, she likes to blend different ones and experiment. The wig was bought on sale for $25. The boots were also bought on sale for around $29 (size 11 too!), and the hoops (K-Mart, Joe Boxer $4) were picked out for me by my old nail tech who I had lunch with that day, she also picked out a nice little necklace with a jeweled letter "D" for me :)

I hope I am not posting too many pix here, but here is another one I thought turned out well :)

DanaJ

P.S. I am going to start a new thread about my makeover lady, she is SO wonderful.... and I am so lucky too!

DanaJ
11-19-2004, 06:53 AM
One more pic from Wednesday's makeover...

DanaJ

DanaJ
11-19-2004, 07:21 AM
A little bit about my makeover lady - she owns her own salon, and it is a one-woman operation, just herself. For a very short time, my old nail tech worked there. One day, she saw me getting a pedicure and getting polished (of course). She didn't say much (except something like nice polish), and I didn't think much of it.

She asked my nail tech about it, and she told the salon owner that she does my nails, and I had gotten this big makeover (at another salon a year previously) for Halloween. The salon owner then asked me if she could do a makeover on me, and I said yes! We have done about 14 makeovers now.....

One thing I have mixed feelings about, is the fact that most of out makeovers she always starts with a brow wax/shaping. Sometimes, she really goes the thin/arched route. I love the look and they look fabulous and very female, but then there are real life concerns. No one has really said anything to me yet, but I am sure a few have noticed.

Our makeover appointments are always her last one of the day, we usually start at 4 or 5 pm. She locks her doors, turns off her Open/Closed sign, and starts the makeover. First, she does brows (10-25 minutes) - then the makeover, (around 30-45 minutes) - then I get dressed (about 10 minutes) - then we do a wig selection/styling (10-20 minutes) - then the finishing touches (jewelry, touch ups, etc) - then we spend about 30 minutes taking photos.

Oh yeah - price. We worked out a price for $40 per hour, I felt that was fair since she would be getting that much easily if she was doing hair during that time.

Anyway, she just absolutely loves doing these makeovers, and sometimes calls me to set one up if she doesn't hear from me at least every week :) I am so lucky to have found her (and my current nail tech too).

DanaJ

Fiona K
11-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Wonderful Dana,
It much be fun to be pampered like that too!!
Fiona
xx

JennyCD
11-19-2004, 03:36 PM
Looks fantastic!

Teddie
11-19-2004, 06:02 PM
One more pic from Wednesday's makeover...

DanaJ

I love the look. And, the big hoop earrings. :p :rolleyes:

Tristen Cox
11-19-2004, 09:05 PM
This is worth bringing back up!
Dana fantabulous! How ever did I miss these lovely photos of you.

Love,
Tristen

paulaN
11-19-2004, 11:15 PM
stunning grrrrreat I alwas wanted to get a makeover. Now I know I will. If I even look half that good wow.

Madilyn
11-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Hi Dana (Hi Girls) ;)

I had to come out of the woodwork to tell you that you're absolutely stunning. Makeovers are so incredible. I love 'em...

Stay beautiful baby,

Maddy :cool:

p.s. Write me girls...I mis you all :(

p.s.s. Can you sweeties give me a ten (10) rating over at Trans-Ville (http://www.trans-ville.com/?i=1072)? I'd really appreciate it. There's a certain gf and I that have a little friendly wager... ;) Love ya and many, many, kisses...muah!!!

babe4life
11-20-2004, 02:29 AM
Hi Dana,

Yup, definitely stunning! Some of your best ones yet!

Love,
Vicky

Rhonda Callahan
11-21-2004, 08:35 AM
The first word out of my mouth was... Damn !!!You look awesome ! I would love to have a makeup session someday, also. Practise, Practise, Practise, is fun too. LOL :eek:

rachel_jean
11-21-2004, 11:20 AM
DanaJ.

You look great.
Having a professional makeover sounds like such a great experience.

BTW, Love the earrings, did the big hoops take much getting used too?

Maddy,
Your rating on Trans-ville is much lower than it should be, IMO.
Maybe your gf is trying to win the bet with a bunch of low scores.

Rachel Jean