PDA

View Full Version : Hair/Eyebrows

Jillian310
05-26-2006, 03:04 PM
I had my hair 'styled' today! I instructed Suzzanne that I needed it cleaned up, and done in a manner that I could comb it parted on the right for en drab, and in the center for en femme. I thinks she did a nice job on it. She commented that my hair was naturally curly, which I never thought was a plus, but she said it helped with the en femme look, and she also said it was nice and thick! Not bad for a 69 year old, I guess! While she was at it, she suggested that she could 'clean up' my eyebrows. I said, "OK!" So she took me into another room, where I reclined and she waxed my brows. I think maybe she really took a lot off! I can't wait to see them with pencil on them the next time I dress. On the other hand, I hope my glasses will disguise the sudden loss of my fuzzy brows! Ah, the compromises we make for 'beauty'!

Julie Avery
05-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Sounds delightful!

Annesah
05-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Jillian! You look great! I too am a senior girl and just wish I had the lovely full head of beautiful hair you have. You seem also blessed with a fine GG stylist. I'd bet your ready for the weekend! Go get! Best Wishes! Annesah:happy:

Rikkicn
05-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I think eyebrows area if part of a nice femme look. Let us all know how it goes when you do your make up next.
I've started tinting mine becasue they are so light and now I don't need much eyebrow pencil at all. Makes it alot easier for me.

Rikki

SherriePall
05-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Jillian -- Congratulations on taking a step many of us wish we could with your new hairstyle. (Some for obvious reasons or lack thereof.) And getting your eyebrows waxed. Wow. I had mine cleaned up a couple of years ago (She twizzed and snipped) and never heard a word from my wife or anyone else. However, I have continued to pluck away (never too much at any one time), but do not trim the length of the brow hairs so they look somewhat bushy. My last trip out, however, I did trim them and a day later my wife told me she likes them bushy.

Byllie
05-26-2006, 05:43 PM
I pluck and trim my eyebrows, otherwise I'd be wearing caterpillars. And I also tweeze my ears ... that's another story.:p

Phyliss
05-26-2006, 06:27 PM
My hairstylist asked me last summer about trimming my (caterpilla) eyebrows and I agreed. Afterwards I thought that she did a nice job but I was gonna "catch it" when I got home. Nothing was said. The next time I went to see her I had a bit more taken off/out. This past Dec I asked her about waxing them a bit thinner. NO problem. Still nothing was said at home.
Perhaps with each hair cut and having the brows done at the same time there didn't seem to be much change that was noticeable. I've kept them tweezed and short since Dec. Now I've just gotta work on making them a bit thinner, and perhaps add a bit of an arch.

Wenda
05-28-2006, 10:31 AM
My hairstylist asked me last summer about trimming my (caterpilla) eyebrows and I agreed. Afterwards I thought that she did a nice job but I was gonna "catch it" when I got home. Nothing was said. The next time I went to see her I had a bit more taken off/out. This past Dec I asked her about waxing them a bit thinner. NO problem. Still nothing was said at home.
Perhaps with each hair cut and having the brows done at the same time there didn't seem to be much change that was noticeable. I've kept them tweezed and short since Dec. Now I've just gotta work on making them a bit thinner, and perhaps add a bit of an arch.
A couple of times I thought I had taken a bit too much off, but no one, even my gf seemed to notice. I had them waxed professionally, and that is the way to go. Going in this week.

Kate Simmons
05-28-2006, 11:07 AM
I pluck and trim my eyebrows, otherwise I'd be wearing caterpillars. And I also tweeze my ears ... that's another story.:p
I do the same as you, Alexa. Those ear and nose hairs are pesky little buggers though. Seem to creep up on you and you gotta keep on top of them to look feminine. Guess that's part of our challenge and "privelage". Ericka

Scotty
05-28-2006, 11:42 AM
I've been letting my hair grow out now but it gets to a point where it's straggly because it's thin - so sooner or later I'm going to have to find a stylist in the Seattle/Tacoma area to go to that will cut it the way I want.

I want it cut like Amanda Tapping!!! (Samantha Carter on Stargate SG-1).

I found if I comb AGAINST my cowlick - WOW and I've never done that but I'm very impressed with the look.

I also wear an ear-ring in my cartlidge on top so the hair covers it now......in fact it's time to pierce the right side again...

Jillian310
05-28-2006, 12:35 PM
One thing I forgot in my original post - a few days before I got my haircut, which by the way is great, I was in a restaurant with wifey when the server, a GG, came to out booth from behind me and asked, "Have you ladies decided?" I was en drab, so when she got between us she apologized. I of course told her that just fine with me - - which got a look from wifey! BTW, I agree that if you get your eyebrows done along with a haircut, no one seems to notice. Wearing glasses may help too. My brow waxing made a radical very fem change, but so far, there have been no comments. I have a lunch date this coming Wednesday, when I will pencil them for the first time. I can't wait!

Wenda
05-28-2006, 01:01 PM
keep us posted !

Zelda Noe
05-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Hi Jillian :wave2:

How exciting...a few years ago I had my first eyebrow wax...we are talking about never having had this EVER done before. I had Brooke Shields MEGA caterpillar eyebrows. The little old Romanian lady that did my brows that day, ripped that piece of tape off...and showed it to me...shock...piles of hair on the tape...new clean shaped femme type eyebrows showing. Just loved it...when I got home my wife greeted me at the door asking to see my eyebrows...with a concerned look on her face. Well she looked at my brows, and shocked me by saying..."They look fine...no problem". This is my wife who hates crossdressing and has said she will never accept me as a dresser...yet says this to me. So...that took tons of pressure off me. She said further, "I was looking for a feminine arch"...which I did not get that day. Even with that, when I got back to work, I asked a young GG girl at work if my new eyebrow waxing looked femme. She said "no", they looked just fine.

But the waxing made me feel more femme I admit...and it looked cleaner. So now that you have shared this, I have decided to get my brows waxed again soon and have them shaped.

Glad you had such a neat experience...thanks for sharing your fun time with us here.

Smiles, Dandy :happy: :thumbsup: