PDA

View Full Version : Would you get a job as a female?

janedoe311
05-26-2006, 06:01 PM
If you could get a part time job as a female to make extra money would you do it?

Would your spouse approved? Could you pass? After I see a few answers I will put in mine.

One thing is that this question is mainly for Cross dressers not TG ie, no major body modifications. (Please do not bring up the definition of cross-dressing vs TG that is in another thread.)

I am a computer technician with no prospect of a promotion ie raise, have two kids and need extra money! When I was working in the restaurant I knew cocktail waitresses that claimed to make $150 to $200 a short shift in tips which is a lot more than I make in 8 hours.

I would like to see the TG responses but would like them to be identified as such.

Julie York
05-26-2006, 06:07 PM
No.

sparks
05-26-2006, 06:09 PM
No.

Care to elaborate on this answer?

DeniseNY
05-26-2006, 06:10 PM
I would try it. Do you know of anyone who is hiring? I could definitely use a little extra income.

My S/O would not go for that, however, and she comes first.

I could pass with a little work.

Deborah
05-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Ummm no...the fact i look to much like a man would upset the customers.

Stormgirl
05-26-2006, 06:20 PM
:straightface: um no? :thumbsdn:

myMichelle
05-26-2006, 06:20 PM
I've never actually worked while crossdressed, but I have done volunteer work for a local non-profit organization as Michelle. (My wife knew, but thought I was crazy for doing it.)

Many years ago, through a CD support group in my area, I saw photos of a crossdresser who was employed full time as a female in a very upscale hotel. She was absolutely 100% "passable," as they say and she also had the female voice thing down pat. I do believe it is possible to be employed as a female, but I think that most of us are not likely to do so...but it does give us something to dream about.

RikkiOfLA
05-26-2006, 06:25 PM
I have worked as an openly transgendered woman. I have no permanent body modifications--I tried hormones for less than a month, but didn't care for them. So the sum total of my "body modifications" consists of long hair, pierced ears, and waxed eyebrows.

But I didn't work as a female. In the USA and most countries, you have to present identification to work. And that identification has your gender printed on it. To work as a female, you'd have to get that legally changed, or forge a fake one (a crime). The legal gender change, most places is fairly hairy. Here in California, for example, you have to get a letter from a doctor stating that, due to hormone treatments etc. you are now "chemically" a female. You take that letter to the Department of Motor Vehicles. If you want a female name on there to go with your female gender, you have to legally change your name, another involved process.

If anyone knows or guesses your true gender, the word will spread quickly. Count on it.

I also didn't work as a cocktail waitress. I worked for a social service agency, and we dealt with quite a few transgendered clients. Our clients were youth (18-24) and most of the staff (including me) were much older. Dating, improper physical contact, etc. were not an issue for me. On the other hand, cocktail waitresses are traditionally attractive young women. They have to be experienced at handling date offers, improper physical contact, etc. from inebriated customers. Whether or not you choose to date them depends on your own personal feelings, the rules of the house, and so on. But you won't want to date all of them who ask. And you have to be able to turn them down smoothly, without starting a fight. Can you do that?

It's one thing dressing for an occasional evening out; quite a different thing to dress for work every day. Forget the three hour shaving and bathing ritual. You'll need to learn to do about as quick as a GG might--one hour total.

If you're working in a straight or lesbian bar, you'll have to deal with the customers who'll be offended if they discover that you're not a GG. If it's a gay place with a drag show, no one will mind.

My own personal recommendation is that you should be out in public quite thoroughly before attempting to work as a woman. You should be used to doing most normal public activities (eating in restaurants, riding buses, using the ladies room, grocery shopping late at night, etc.). And probably you should be well known (and liked) at that bar before you work there.

Good luck!

Rikki

Tina Dixon
05-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Hell no, one jobs enuff.

jessica duprea
05-26-2006, 07:21 PM
If I could pass! yes without question.

Kristen Kelly
05-26-2006, 07:25 PM
I want to hit the lottery and stop working, I work too much now.

SherriePall
05-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Being that I'm out of a job right now, I would definitely consider it. But I think I'm getting too old to be a Go-Go Dancer. Seriously, a nice office job would be nice. I'm getting too old to be on my feet eight hours a day any more. Would I pass, etc. Who knows. But then again what are the odds I would get a job en femme?

lawnmanmo
05-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I knew a CD many years ago who was very passable and worked for a number of years as a "part time or seasonal help" around the Christmas holidays for Macy's and also for Sears. As far as I knew there really was no problems with ID's or any kind of proof of gender. She worked about 4 to five weeks in the year usually as a sales women or at the make up counter.
Jerry

gennee
05-26-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm crazy enough to try it. If I can pull it off? NIRVANA!!!

Gennee

jen
05-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Always dreamed of it (being just straight crossdressed). That's if I could pass.......................FOR SURE. Waitress of any sort, or secratary. I don't think there should be any offense taken by your thread.

trannie T
05-26-2006, 10:31 PM
About the only woman's job I'd qualify for would be in a circus sideshow. . . .Wonder where to send my application.

Deidra Cowen
05-27-2006, 06:11 AM
There would be so much to work on like my voice, mannerisms, etc before I could ever do that. But I might before its all over. Right now I just gotta get the kids thru college. When thats over who knows... <giggle>

joanlynn28
05-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Yes I would in a heart beat. But then again I am one of the TG's so I would consider it part of the real world test something I am going to have to do eventually anyway. It does help greatly that I do pass and that is without having started HRT yet. I do know of someone that does work as a female in a very upscale hotel in town. If I saw her out on the street enfemme I would never guess that she is really a guy. She has the mannerisms, voice, everything down pat.

Lindahexi
05-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes I'd love to get a job as a women, if I genuinely thought I'd be accepted I wouldn't hesitate. I'd be a concientious worker and love every moment of it, I just need to find the right place to be given a chance.

TGMarla
05-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Nope!

~Dee~
05-27-2006, 10:28 AM
i identify as TS, though i havent gone fulltime just yet.
everyone in my little world already knows about my intentions, but i have thought about employment every now and again and what would happen with that.
i run my own business, but when orders are low, its can get rather thin in the purse and i end up taking up some crappy part time work for a time until the contracts dealt with and then get back to orders.

now that im going to be going fulltime, i do wonder if i will be able to find a position out there. i know that if i was in one of the bigger companies and then i changed over, id be protected somewhat by the laws and therefore could probably deal.
but getting into the position to begin with has been a bit of a question.

my wife would support me 110%, i know that part .. its just that the public knows nothing about TS or cd'ing or anything in general i think :D
so it makes it hard, cause you have to justify to them why they should take that risk in hiring you.
dont know .. i guess we shall see in a little bit if i find i need to grab another job.

trannyqueen
05-27-2006, 10:28 AM
yes i would work as female as i don't work at mo
lisa

Francine
05-27-2006, 10:30 AM
my answers would be:
Yes, I think I would rather work as a woman. I believe I would feel more comfortable with myself. It's the others that I would be working with that would be uncomfortable. (see answer 3)

No, my wife would not approve. She's asked me more than once to "keep it in the house" even though she has probably figured out there is a reason for that fur coat in the closet that I know she has seen.

Probably not, and it's mostly due to height. I'm 6'5" tall, and as a woman, that attracts attention. And without getting into a debate, I know there are women that are over 6'+" tall, and even they attract attention. I have a tendency to 'look' myself. It's not the 'social norm'! So I feel 'passing' would always be questionable at best.

Francine

Kate Simmons
05-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Hell yes. I'm retired but thinking of becoming a PI(private investigator) maybe as Richard but will definately have Ericka on staff to do undercover (?!) work. Ericka

carolclaire
05-29-2006, 12:01 AM
A friend of mine is a sales associate in the plus size women's clothes department of an upscale department store. She alerts me to items that come in that she thinks I may like or that might look good on me. She's told me that my taste in clothing was very good, and that I'd make a good sales associate at her store. We both laugh, but I've sometimes wondered if I couldn't make a successful go of it. We don't need the money but I think I could pass well enough (including my speech) to qualify. I would enjoy helping other women look their best, and it would be great working as a woman with other women in a woman's milieu.

Carol Claire

Michele
05-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Nope.

FionaAlexis
05-29-2006, 12:30 AM
I think I could get a job as a transgender but as a woman???? No, I doubt that - maybe the second or third job after that....

Best thing is to work for yourself then you can make up your own mind.

On the subject of cocktail waitresses - a witness in an infamous local murder case - the Juanita Nielsen murder - was a tranny cocktail waitress at the Carousel Club in Sydney. She was called Marilyn King and she was the live-in lover of the club manager and suspect, Edward Trigg. Marilyn has long since reverted to living as a man, Monet King - in New Zealand.

Fiona xx

Bernice
05-29-2006, 12:40 AM
I would never be able to pass consistently, assuming that was a requirement. But if passing was not a requirement, then yes, of course. In fact, I was rather hoping to get a job working at home, in which I could dress as desired, and would dress as female most of the time, changing only before the SO came home.

I did once long ago have a job where I could sometimes work dressed en-femme, which included tasks such as mass production printing in a darkroom, editing tapes at all hours of the night, and interstate driving on business trips.

DawnRodgers
05-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Well, there's no question that I would love to do it. Working as a woman would be totally fulfilling. It would be fantastic.
As for the reality,
You would have to be passable. The comments and possible arguments if not, would probably lead to an early dismissal.
The wife would have to know. How else to explain the hairless body, traces of make-up and nail polish. Plus you would likely need to change at home - or at least get partially ready. Not to mention getting back to male mode.
You would need real commintment. Realize you will be walking in high heels all day as well as likely having to simulate cleavage and a feminine figure. At least if you want the good tips.
Voice training is a must.
Not to mention wardrobe, accessories, mannerisms, gestures.
Pulling it off would be great though.
Dawn

bredalee25
05-29-2006, 12:50 AM
I could do the job i do right now as a female. I drive a forktruck and love doing it so yes i would if i could keep my present job. If i can't the answer is hell no. My job is fulfilling and adventurous you never know how many trucks you'll need to load and unload in a given amount of time. For me my record is eight trucks single handed in 6.5 hours and thats straight through no stopping for a break til i'm done.

ttfn

Connieminiskirts
05-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Yes I would, I have dressed in the truck many times, but I am always very careful about where I stop and where I choose to get out of the truck if at all. bummer, but 99.9% of truckstops are NOT CD friendly, and niether are most drivers................

Waitress? sure I could do that, was raised in little bitty restaurants.......

Shelly Preston
05-29-2006, 03:25 AM
Yes, I would if the right job came along.

Unfortunately it would take a lot of work to get to the point where I would be able to get the mannerisms and voice correct.
the job would certainly not be as a waitress or in a bar. I would come under too much scrutiny from the customers. It would have to be behind the scenes somewhere.

I dont see this ever happening but we can all daydream.

EricaCD
05-29-2006, 03:45 AM
Um, no thanks. My existing job is challenging enough. And from watching this side of the fence I know all too well what a tough professional life female lawyers have...

There's also the trifling matter that I'd never pass consistently. As an open CD I could certainly continue to do my job, though I'd probably lose clients in doing so. And really, why would I want to spend all my fem time behind a desk reading contracts?

Erica

Sarah Rabbit
05-29-2006, 03:53 AM
Would probably like to try Beautician/ Makeup artist. Yes.. Yes, I know they are not necessarily female roles, but they are more readily associated as such

Sarah R. :bunny:

sherri
05-29-2006, 10:33 AM
IMHO, only a handful of this forum's thousands of participants could answer your question as stated, cuz they're the only ones with any chance of passing as GG. But if I restated your question to refer to working en femme, my answer is heck yeah, I'd love it. As in my outings, I wouldn't mind people knowing I'm a male in a dress ... but, on the job I would need some assurance that my feminine expression wasn't causing problems. I wouldn't want to fight the battle of acceptance on a daily basis.

kymmieLorain
05-29-2006, 10:46 AM
I don't think I would like being a waitress or customer service oreinted job. But even working in some of my former carreers would have been great dressed in Fem. mobile electronics installer, copier technician, or in my future carreer auto body. Even as an Air force cop.

Kymmie

Xandra
05-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Not me!