PDA

View Full Version : Androgynous helpful?

jo_ann
05-26-2006, 08:15 PM
I think that's the term "both male and female traits". anyone find that this is actually a benefit sometimes? give you a recent example, about 2 weeks ago at work, they needed a prototype bag for a project I was working on. Now 5 years ago they had one made, but it got lost and they didn't really have the time (or want to spend the money) to have a new one made. So I go ahead and volunteer to try to make one. now keep in mind I've never used a sewing machine before.. I've hand sewn stuff (usually torn pants), but never the machine. My wife tried to teach me once, but there were so many things I got lost and just never tried to learn again. well now that I was being forced to learn, I had her show me again, and I finally understood how it works (thread goes through 5 sections, have to thread the bobbin up, pull thread behind, etc.). so the first bag was so so, but by the third revision it started to look pretty good. Now if I was any other typical male that wouldn't be caught dead using a sewing machine, I probably wouldn't have looked so successful at work.

gennee
05-26-2006, 08:45 PM
I know how to sew some, JoAnn. I learned how to cook, clean the house and do the laundry by the time I was eight. I wore pink shirts (still do) and pink is my femme color. I guess I had androgynous qualities in me and didn't know until a few months ago.

Gennee

KimberlyS
05-27-2006, 12:45 AM
I do most of the sewing and mending in our house. And I agree being a male with many feminine traits is very handy. I can go from the sewing maching to my power tools, build a house or bake a cake or cookies, chainsaws to the washing machine, and Yes I know how to properly wash clothes and not put them in all one load.... unless they are my work clothes. And yes I have some work shirts with some hints of pink in them. hee hee hee.

Many of us CDers are quit the all around persons. Guys in skirks are great..

KimberlyS-CD 0.02