PDA

View Full Version : Dodged a Bullet

DonnaT
11-18-2004, 11:31 AM
I invited my wife to shave off my mustache to prepare for my (our) outting in Dec. to the TGEA Holiday Formal in No. Virginia. Anyone else here going?

Any way, she hasn't done it yet, and wanted to have another talk. Seems she expected me to go to the formal looking like a man in my new gown.

Long story short, I managed to change her mind (I think). http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_4_77.gif

Planning to surprise her with a day spa treatment the morning or afternoon of, including massage, facial and makeup.

It will be our first time out with me dressed and also in the company of other TGs. She's more nervous than I am.

babe4life
11-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Donna, would love to hear a full report of it all. Good luck and really enjoy it. My first outing is going to be in the beginning of December :).

Have a lovely time!

Love,
Vicky

Paula A
11-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Donna;
I think that would be a great atmosphere for your first outing as a couple, I hear it is a great time, Please let us know how the weekend goes.

when first I shaved off my moustache since having it for 15 years it hurt for about 3 days but boy was it smooth, keep that in mind you don't want to wait untill just before the trip, you don't want to go with your upper lip all red and irritated.
The other thing I ran into was that it took my wife some time to get used to kissing a smooth face. My wife got use to and liked the prickly feeling when we kissed - it was just something she became acustomed to. So be patiant with her if she doesn't kiss you as often for a bit while she is getting use to it.

I wish we were going but firwst I have to get up the courage to let her know about Paula.

HAVE FUN, BE HAPPY, BE UNDERSTANDING.

Wendy me
11-18-2004, 01:03 PM
donna have a wonderfull week end..............my wife asked me to leave the fachel hair after hunting season............i told her to hot for that when we go to fla.

Sharon
11-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Have a wonderful time Donna! Make sure you fill us in on all the details when you get back.
Sharon

DonnaT
11-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Thanks Girls. I'll be sure to keep y'all informed.

I've had this thing for around 20+ years. I'm pretty sure my wife wanted me to keep it all this time, as I've tried to shave it before, so I couldn't do what we are about to do.

Thanks for the advice Paula regarding shaving. Can't wait for it to happen so I can put on some makeup and my wig to see if it looks ok. Will take a picture if it does.

Plan on having a picture taken at the formal also, so I'll have something better to post.

JennyCD
11-18-2004, 04:29 PM
The moustache is a big step. Took me a while to finally do it, but I am really glad I did. I'm told I look 10 years younger. There's something to look forward to! :)

Amelie
11-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Donna, have fun at the Holiday Formal, and tell us how it went.
Amelie