PDA

View Full Version : Just told my mum

Gemma Rhodes
05-27-2006, 08:34 AM
As most of you know, I live alone. Well my mum came round to see me today and I had left my pink cord jacket hanging on the end of the stairs. She saw it before I could hide it and asked me whose it was. Thats when I came clean and told her all about me.

You may remember that I said that I thought she would have a clue about me but she never had the slightest suspicion. It came as a big shock to her and even more so when I showed her some pics of me. She said she was very shocked but glad that I had the courage to tell her,that I would always be her son and she would always love me, but she could not understand why I wanted to dress If it wasn't to attract men. She also said she would accept it but would never understand it which I don't expect her too as I don't understand it myself.

Anyway it ended up with us both in tears and telling each other we loved each other still. For me there was no change in the way I felt about my mum but I was so relieved that she will accept me even though she will never understand why I need to do it.

Gemma xx

Deidra Cowen
05-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Gemma I am gald it worked out well...that had to be scary! But you two worked it out and hopefully it will make it possible for you to be even closer now that ya don't have to hide a big part of your life.

I'm still a chicken and have not told my mom. Thinking about it however...

Faye Emmette
05-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks for that lovely and happy story Gemma. It sounds like you and your Mum were always close and this will make you even closer.
Glad it all worked out for you.
XX
Faye.

livy_m_b
05-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Mums can be among the most understanding and forgiving - after all they know "girls have more fun". Not all societies think "it's all about sex" - but that's the dominant reaction in western societies - we just have to weather it through. I'm glad it's working out.

Joy Carter
05-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks for sharing you story Gemma do you think she will ever want to get to know the gurl ?:hugs:

Gemma Rhodes
05-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks for sharing you story Gemma do you think she will ever want to get to know the gurl ?:hugs:

I don't know Joy, its early days still but this is a big weight off my shoulders.

Sharon
05-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Very cool, Gemma -- your mother sounds like a special lady! :happy:

Sam-antha
05-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Good for you Gemma, I personally might have lied, I do not know.

~Samm

Dawn D.
05-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Thats really awesome Gemma. I'm pretty sure my Mom would go postal on me!

Dawn

SherriePall
05-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Gemma -- Good for you. Glad your mother reacted so well to the news.

jen
05-27-2006, 11:36 AM
That's great Gemma, glad it all worked out. My mom's deceased, I don't think she knew but sometimes I wondered. Keep us posted!

Tamara Croft
05-27-2006, 02:09 PM
And I thought mums knew everything :eek: I'm glad it all turned out well for you Gemma, mums are special, they accept everything no matter what :hugs: well..... almost ;)