PDA

View Full Version : Does aging aid passing?

Jillian310
05-27-2006, 08:43 AM
I will be 69 in a few weeks. I go out dressed a lot, mostly in the daytime. I frequently mall walk dressed early in the morning, ususally before most stores open for business. I always use eye shadow, darkish blue or deep rose, and white under my eyes. I like the sparkly stuff, but only use it under the eyes. I am addicted to gloss over my lipstick, and lean toward bright red. I use some blush, and foundation over my beard, and shave as close as possible before I dress. I have noticed ~ correctly I believe ~ that older (read ancient) girls in my situation have an easier time passng, because as I have observed m/f couple walkers, the GG's tend to look a lot like the males they are with! Some even have noticeable facial hair! So with some makeup on, and a nice outfit, and white girly walking shoes, any masculine features that still come through aren't so noticeable in that context. I may be dressing a little 'young' for my age, can't break my love of minis, and I always carry a small purse, and have added what passes for a nice engagement ring that I wear with my wedding band, which I think is very fem. I am curious what other's opinions may be.

Deidra Cowen
05-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Yes the older you get the easer it is to pass. (my opinion :p ) Males and Females appear to me to merge abit in their general apperance as they get older.

The most passable girls I see out at the clubs in Atlanta are the older chicks. You really can not tell them apart from a GG their age. We have for example Gina and Jackylin in our little crew of friends. They are pretty and just got da look down. Its funny however Jackylin dresses her age...while Gina wears wild sexy stuff. But both of them look good.

Ah we must illustrate da point! Thats Gina on the left and the third girl to the right in the beautiful green dress is Jackylin. Both of them have won contests at the clubs I have been at.

livy_m_b
05-27-2006, 09:21 AM
I agree, but it's not just that gg's tend to look more like men but also that gms tend to look more like women. And they said ne'er the twain should meet! My so tells me I'm better looking as a woman than as a man....sometimes I think she prefers Olivia....wait, should he feel insulted or should she feel pleased? *

Olivia

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_in_cheek

Julie York
05-27-2006, 09:54 AM
I think that at least half of us would pass with considerable success if we dressed our real age, or older than our real age and wore a hairstyle to suit the agegroup.

Deidra Cowen
05-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I think that at least half of us would pass with considerable success if we dressed our real age, or older than our real age and wore a hairstyle to suit the agegroup.

Bingo!

Kate Simmons
05-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Not for me really. Just don't give a hoot any more. Ericka

Caitlintgsd
05-27-2006, 11:05 AM

Does that mean I should put my fair in a bun and get a walker for my trips out and about? I could really cause some damage with an electric scooter.

Julie York
05-27-2006, 11:12 AM
It wouldn't be much fun......but you'd probably pass.:D

I don't care to go out, so I dress in whatever outragious thing takes my fancy. But if I really did want to pass I would go for a more 'real' look than the 20 year old goddess I like to pretend to be.

:D :eek:

Sam-antha
05-27-2006, 11:14 AM
I repeat, the Naked Cellist believes it helps to get ancient, - not too ancient perhaps - but there is a problem which is nothing to do with the hair style.
Mini/micro skirts do not pass very well in a street that is not crowded.
As for being penned in a zimmer frame with a mini, even in a crowded street...
I have one of mine on in the Pic Gallery, without the "z" frame and I enjoy.

~Samm

julie w
05-27-2006, 11:21 AM
it seems to me from my observations of older crossdressers a lot do
not dress their age or dress in old fashioned clothes , and to much make up
I think thats what gets us read the most

SherriePall
05-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Wait! Define older. What if I look younger than my age? Do you think by the time I'm 100 I'll pass?

Kristen Kelly
05-27-2006, 11:38 AM

There goes Half the fun

Donna Delite
05-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Yes, I think it's easier to pass as you get older. Part of the reason, at least for me anyway, is that as I became older I was much more interested in looking as passable AS POSSIBLE. So I tried to dress and put on my makeup to look more natural than "sleazy". I've had a few experiences when I passed but I know there's much room for improvement.

Melanie R
05-27-2006, 12:22 PM
If you dress appropriately for your age you are more likely to pass as you age past 50. I find this to be true when I am out in public especially when I am with my wife. On Thursday Peggy and I were meeting students prior to the beginning of a presentation we were doing at a local University. This presentation was filmed for WE, the Women's Entertainment Channel. The director interviewed 10 of the students to find out what they had learned about crossdressing from the presentation. Two of the young female students said they met Melanie and Peggy but were waiting to meet the crossdresser. They thought Melanie was a wife. One student thought we were a lesbian couple. Watch Secret Lives of Women on WE in September and enjoy one hour of answering all your questions about the crossdresser and wife.

Hugs,

Melanie

Brianna Lovely
05-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Sneaking up on 60 yo., it does feel good to hear so many gurls say that it's easier to pass, at a more mature age, hee, hee.

Although I've not been out many times in "passing mode", I have thought of going out wearing a denim skort and a tank top. No makeup, no wig. Have been wondering what kind of reactions I would get.

I do agree that dressing age-appropriate is the way to go, for public exposure. Of course, I like being a little ****ty at the right venue.

Joy Carter
05-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Philis Diller the comedian said that "Ya gotta love aging when he looks like a little woman and she looks like a little old man". See we are not the only one's who view gender roles closely. :D

Bridget
05-27-2006, 01:28 PM
That probably is true. Some guys that are younger, if they dressed older could pass as older women. There is a /tg/ forum on the ko-chan image board, and some of them could pass as older women, even though they are younger.

I think however, at 21, I can pass well, though, as a girl of the same age..

Nikki Dee
05-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Yes, it's true.!!!...I have done lengthy and complicated study into this...on the back of a cigar packet..and reached the definitive conclusion that I will pass when I am 173 and 7 months old precisely !!!...not long to go then.!!!!LOL
Nikki. x

Sam-antha
05-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Looks as though not too many of you are sure about this thingy called ageing. It is all in the mind really.
~samm

Stephanie Kay
05-28-2006, 11:28 AM
0.02 Think about it!! People just don't pay that much attention to older women in our society, a sad truth. So that may be why older crossdressers who dress appropriately for their age find that they "pass" more easily. Actually, we may not be "passing" but it's just that no one is paying attention to us!! And that's OK with me bacause I'm not trying to get noticed anyway!!

HaleyPink2000
05-28-2006, 11:50 AM
:D Yeah, I believe age does make passing more simple. Also I'd think being a little over weight would also.0.02

Phyliss
05-28-2006, 03:01 PM
I sure hope that older=passing, possibly. One of these days I'm really gonna try going out fully dressed, At 61 I can at least hope that not too many people will notice me.
"Awwww, just another old broad." and that's OK with me. I'll know in my heart I'm a 20 something "hottie"