PDA

View Full Version : Shoes that fit

Krystal Lee
05-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi Girls,

Got the chance to go shopping yesterday and of course have a wonderfull time but...

I wanted some new shoes. (I allways want new shoes, sigh!)

Why are the sizes so screwy? In drab mode I need one size and that takes care of all my needs. You know tennis shoes, dress shoes, even work boots.

To find a correct fit in my fun stuff is a challenge. My ladys shoes range in size from 9 1/2 regular to 11 wide, no rime or reason I can find. It does not seem to make a differance if I am buying flats or heels, open toe or boots!

This has forced me to just go ahead and try them on in the store. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy that now but has taken many years to get to that point. Tried on the heels I bought yesterday and thank goodness I did as my first guess was way off for size.

Grabbed a pair of 11's first as they eyeballed close but ended up with a pair in 10 wide. Had to try the in between 10 1/2 also and know I got some looks in the process.

When I started no one else was in that isle but two GG's pushed their carts down into my space and I already had the heels on so what was a girl to do? I kept trying on untill I had found my fit because I figured I was cought anyway and rushing off without my prize did not make any sence at that point.

I think I am getting braver or more stubborn in my old age. Of course I was out of town and knew those ladys did not know me so that made it easier.

Ok I have rambeled on enough.

Hugs Krystal.

Wenda
05-28-2006, 10:06 AM
The first time I tried on shoes was out of town, the short boots I have in my avatar. My GF was new to my dressing, but really got into it, bringing me other shoes to try. Only the one pair fit. We did find an incredibly sexy pair of tight boots for my gf though!. Last week I just ried on the shoes, and the young clerk helped me, then the guy at the till tried to upsell and find me a matching purse.

seanmc
05-28-2006, 10:09 AM
In my experience, the higher the heel, the larger the shoe size. But in my guy shoes, I range from an 11-13 depending on the maker.

Kate Simmons
05-28-2006, 11:14 AM
I dunno, Krystal, Guess I have weird feet. I wear the same size in guy shoes as I do in womens. I usually wear a 9W for normal use but change it to 9M for dancing, otherwise they slide too much and knock the dickens out of the toes in my pantyhose. As you say though shoe sizes vary somewhat. Ericka

Scotty
05-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Just go into Fred Meyers - grab the woman's shoe sizer and do it, nobody will notice whether it's the mens or womens.

I have a size 12 in Womens, bit of a problem for me, 11's are too tight :(

And nobody carries 12 :(