PDA

View Full Version : am i selfish to think i'm pretty?

bredalee25
05-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi girls am i selfish to look in the mirror and think i'm pretty? I mean I always look at myself in the mirror and think wow am i pretty. I'd even go so far to say that in some outfits i'm beautiful. Does this make me vein? To think oneself is pretty or beautiful sounds vein to me whats your oppinion i'd like to know. btw i just looked in the mirror and think i'm very beautiful right now. Am i a bad person for thinking this way?

ttfn

sierracd6
05-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Not at all hun.........I do it also.....I say to myself ..."Damn Im hot!!!!!!" and I strut away looking over my shoulder and beleive it..........If no one else thinks so, does it matter.........feel comfortable with yourself hun

wannabie
05-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Nope! not at all. I've lived with a lot of women that thought the same way and my question is what's wrong with thinking that your pretty. you probally are and its a confidence builder.

MarinaTwelve200
05-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey, thats a major component of CDing---Looking pretty is what encourages a lot of us. I have at times thought that I looked just as good (or even a tad better) as some GGs I have admired. It makes me feel great.

Tamara Croft
05-28-2006, 12:27 PM
No not selfish, just extremely vain ;) How about you post a pic so we can all see how pretty you are?

Kate Simmons
05-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi Brenda, being pretty is in the eye of the beholder. As long as you're okay with what you look like, that's what counts. Since this stuff gets "routine" with me after a while, I'm not as concerned with what I'm going to look like as much as my relationships with my friends. My friends have already accepted the way I look and the time I spend with them is value added to me as a person. It comes with experience and an increased confidence level, however. Take care, Ericka

Zelda Noe
05-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi Bredalee :wave2:

I've been told by GG's that I looked passable after having had a past makeover, (makeup applied by a woman). I have to admit that this MADE MY DAY, since the compliments not only came from my makeup lady, but the other GG's in the salon where I went, who I showed my face to.

I admit I too am always looking in the mirror after a makeover. The look and transformation is always striking and it makes me look and feel so femme. But I like you often ask myself...am I vain in admiring my look so much or so often?

If we cd's were to be very honest with ourselves...its exactly that kind of adoration that we seek... even though I realize some cder's will tell the forum they don't care if they are passable or not.

But the question raised was "Am I selfish to look in the mirror and think I am pretty?".

There is a fine line I think...between egoism and vanity and simply admiring a new femme look. I have had only about 10 full facial makeovers in my short crossdressing experience (started in March of 2003 at age 53). It is shocking in a neat way to see yourself in the mirror for the first time. I couldn't believe the feminine look staring back at me in the mirror. It was the look, the transformation brought on by makeup, lipstick, false eyelashes, wig foundation and coverage, that impacted me.

I think if we think ourselves better than others because of "our look" then it turns into vanity like Tamara suggested, or pride or egoism at its worst. So it seems it is a heart issue, an inside issue. Humility is our best friend...it keeps us from vain pride. I have to remind myself that when the makeup comes off I turn back into John, my male self. It keeps one humble. So NO, I don't think it is wrong to admire your look, especially if you are a Genetic Male. If it is only based on makeup skill and resulting femme look...not on pride and egoism.

Hope I've made a good point?

Enjoy your look Bredalee...just seek to keep it in perspective with who you REALLY are.

Smiles, Dandy:happy: :thumbsup:

myMichelle
05-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Unless you're obsessed with it, I don't think that thinking you're pretty is necessarily a bad thing. Once, one of my co-workers (a gg) gave me a makeover and I was absolutely STUNNED when I looked in the mirror! There, looking back at me was one of the most beautiful women I had seen in quite some time. It was actually funny, because I looked so pretty that, as a male, I would have been afraid to approach a woman like myself. I was so happy I started to cry...it was really a cool experience.

So, in answer to your question, I suppose it's perfectly alright to think you're pretty...but I can also see how you could cross the line into vanity if you're notcareful.

Deborah
05-28-2006, 02:53 PM
How about you post a pic so we can all see how pretty you are?

That was my first thought also lol.

gennee
05-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi girls am i selfish to look in the mirror and think i'm pretty? I mean I always look at myself in the mirror and think wow am i pretty. I'd even go so far to say that in some outfits i'm beautiful. Does this make me vein? To think oneself is pretty or beautiful sounds vein to me whats your oppinion i'd like to know. btw i just looked in the mirror and think i'm very beautiful right now. Am i a bad person for thinking this way?

ttfn

It isn't bad to feel good about yourself. I feel pretty when I really dress up, regardless of whether or not someone compliments me (which has happened). I believe this a part of CDing. We should always look to be our best.

Gennee

bredalee25
05-28-2006, 03:10 PM
No not selfish, just extremely vain ;) How about you post a pic so we can all see how pretty you are?

Tamara if I could post one i would to get all of your oppinions on my look. Sorry I can't I don't have the equipment needed to post one really wish i could though.

ttfn

Sweet Susan
05-28-2006, 03:25 PM
I don't think it's selfish to think you are pretty. I don't even think it is vain. I think it is great! Who wants to be a plain Jane? If you have it, you have it. If you check out the avatars of the ggs on this forum, you will see that most of them are pretty, and you will also see that they believe it themselves. Nothing is wrong with knowing you are pretty and enjoying it.

Byllie
05-28-2006, 05:03 PM
To misquote Billy Crystal ...

You look marvelous, darling, and it's always better to look good than to feel good.

Stormgirl
05-28-2006, 05:25 PM
nyet

trannie T
05-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Girl, you are pretty.

Butterfly Bill
05-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Some people call it vanity, others call it good self-esteem. You'll know the tree by its fruits.

paula
05-28-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't think it's selfish to think you are pretty. :love:

jenny lopez
05-30-2006, 10:15 AM
It's when other people are saying it. That's what really counts.

pinkshelly
05-30-2006, 11:26 AM
When i get dressed, I'm shocked at the GIRL that stairs back. I've been told I pass very well. I figure for a homely girl (you tell me). BUT I love the girl in the mirror, and wish she could come out to play all the time.

Marla
05-30-2006, 02:41 PM
We all work harder at looking pretty than most women and so the end result is that we are. I spend an hour just getting my make up right!

suzanne claire
05-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Please post a picture for the rest of us to view.:hugs:

bredalee25
05-30-2006, 08:51 PM
When i get dressed, I'm shocked at the GIRL that stairs back. I've been told I pass very well. I figure for a homely girl (you tell me). BUT I love the girl in the mirror, and wish she could come out to play all the time.

I just took a look at your pic and they are right you do pass very easily. I think you look very pretty hun. If i didn't know you were a cd i'd think you were a gg

ttfn

DanaJ
05-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Sorry I can't I don't have the equipment needed to post one really wish i could though.

ttfnHey bredalee - if you wish you could, you can! A cheapo digital camera can be had for under $100 these days, and I would be glad to help you with your pix once you take them :)

Deidra Cowen
05-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Mirror Mirror On the Wall, Who's the Fairest of Them All?