PDA

View Full Version : Make up and French women

Rikkicn
05-28-2006, 11:51 AM
This link has a very interesting story on Fench women and how they wear make up VS American women. Worth reading.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/25/fashion/thursdaystyles/25skin.html?ex=1148961600&en=f844045934b598cf&ei=5087%0A

~Kitty GG~
05-28-2006, 01:12 PM
sorry, but I found the whole article to be ridiculous.

just trying to say we're french .. therefore we're better than americans.

Here's a quote:
"Nicole Richie and Britney Spears have that overdone look, the French say. Madonna is forgiven since she is seen as a hard-nosed businesswoman and free spirit. Jennifer Lopez doesn't count because she is Hispanic and therefore culturally more exotic."

silly.

~Kitty~

kathy gg
05-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Gee, to read the posts on the forum here though most women look like dudes ....but to the French we wear too much make up.....gee methinks we can't win.....

Actually kinda funny since so many make up companies are based in France. Saying how trampy we look is NOT the way to make us buy more L'Oreal! Although...Laura Mercier does sell one of the most expensive skin creams {like $150 for a half ounce or something ridiculous} maybe she would rather us North Americans purchase more miracle cream and less $7 mascara to look pretty.

:eek:

...okay going to hide back in my dark damp corner .....:tongueout

Tamara Croft
05-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Well if that picture is anything to go by, she looks like she was dragged through a hedge, her skin looks awful... if they think that 'invisible pores and highly polished skin' looks good... they have a lot to learn.... what a load of rubbish :(

Momarie
05-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Oui Oui, I too adore my (passionate) fresh f**ked face!
Zee sparkle in zee eyes and zee healthy glow.

christine55
05-28-2006, 02:58 PM
I love the way a girl who is well made up looks. Of course it should not look caked on but I do find a made up look attractive. The girl in the pic was cute but I do think she would have looked better with a bit more make up.
We CD's have to wear more make up to hide our beards, in our case the least we can get by with, the better.
Hugs, Christine

sierracd6
05-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Down with the French....Why do people hold them in so high regaurd? They are far unatractive than the other European nations............oh and the Americans.....Heck....Latinas are way more put together than they are........I beleive the french have brainwashed all of us at some point or another.......I am not racist either....was married to a beautiful black woman for 6 years.......

AmandaM
05-28-2006, 04:57 PM
oh and the Americans.....Heck....Latinas are way more put together than they are..

....no, I can't go there.....

Sharon
05-28-2006, 05:01 PM
I bet MtF crossdressers in France wear make-up! :D

Byllie
05-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Many years ago, we sponsored a French student who was visiting as part of a school group. She had a pamphlet with here that gave the students some helpful hints about "Americans". Since I read French fairly well I was surprised to see one line that essentially said were obsessed with bathing. Go figure!:daydreaming:

Sage GG
05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Let me get this straight, I wear little or no make up for thirty years( or so) I finally decide that I want to wear it and its going to go out of fashion?

oh pooh

By the way great article, thanks for posting it

Karinna
05-28-2006, 09:10 PM
The joy to be a Uk or American CD: high heels, full feature makeup, shaved armpits and bubble bath once a day, normal life. Others walk in "gougoune", don't wear makeup, are hairy and smell "sporty", it's the only way to pass.