PDA

View Full Version : Joining the bachelorette party

Marlena Dahlstrom
05-28-2006, 01:16 PM
On a happier note, last night Patsy and I went to see the Faux Girls (http://www.fauxgirls.com) at Marlena's. Just the show got started a bachelorette party came in and we moved over to give them more room. As hostess Victoria Secret said, there's nothing like a bunch of drunken straight girls to liven up a drag show. Only it wasn't only just straight girls -- there were several guys who were in drag. As I later found out talking with the party, apparently the maid of honor was actually one of the guys -- although he refused to wear a dress for the ceremony (good thing too, getting stuck with dress and shoes in seafoam is no fun :D ). But apparently the other bridesmaids challenged him to attend the bachelorette party in drag and he took them up on. And then a couple other male friends joined in. The guys had all gotten into the spirit, getting wigs and having their nails painted and make-up done, and there was some credible efforts for first-timers (One of them apparently said he'd really enjoyed doing the shopping...hmmm....)

Since a number people in the party already had boas, needless to say they got volunteered during the "drag tag" part of the show -- a little drag competition among people from the audience. Since the bachelorettes where too focused on the vicious competition for the tiara to remember to take pictures, I got out my camera and took some. Afterwards I gave my card (one with my femme name and email) to one of the women, letting her know I could send the pics to her. From there, I started talking with various people in the group, doing a little group dancing and even joining in with a round of shots for the bride.

Anyway, I had great time and I hope they have a beautiful wedding today.

And of yeah, one other bright spot during the evening. After the show, a woman (not from the bachelorette party) walked up to me and asked if I was male or female. I told her I was a man. "God, you're so hot -- I hate you." (Too bad she was with her boyfriend.) Now I'm pass the point where passing is the holy grail, but damn it's satisfying when the hard work gets recognized.

Ipexx2
05-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Vey nice. Maybe my wife would take me to place like one day? It would make feel so sexual.

myMichelle
05-28-2006, 02:32 PM
very cool. There'snothing more gratifying than recieving a compliment from a genetic girl! Rock on!

gennee
05-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Marlena. For some one to compliment you like that must have felt great. I'm happy you enjoyed yourself.

Gennee

:thumbup:

Brianna Lovely
05-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Glad you had a good time and that wonderful compliment must have put you in heaven.
Hugs,
Brianna

Zelda Noe
05-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Marlena :wave2:

Congratulations girl...

In light of your other post at the mall...I'm very happy for you in this situation. No j--ks making you feel small or putting you down. This would have been alot of fun to attend.

...it's satisfying when the hard work gets recognized...

I just love it when GG's compliment CD's...makes me feel 10 feet tall, as I know it made your day. Good for you.

Thanks for sharing this neat ending.

Smiles, Dandy :happy: :thumbsup: